Religion? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Religion?

do you mean from other people? or like from wikipedia or something :) i think i'm pretty good at reading vibes in general ... but you know, who knows?? it's all self-perception of a sorts i guess, with no outside way to validate.

Last edited:

Mostly I think my religion is focused on vibrations, and energy...I believe that we resonate at certain frequencies depending on our emotions and our thoughts....and those vibrations interact with the world and universe and cause certain things to happen or attract certain similar/complementary vibrations into our lives. I think enlightenment means to vibrate at the same frequency as the entire universe. I think we are all capable of that, and that all religions try and teach this in their own way, but that humans muddle the doctrines to keep themselves powerful and corrupt and other people confused and in chains.

Do you mean this in a scenario in which the universe as separate from other humans? Because otherwise you would need all humans everywhere to be resonating the same freq right? Or possibly just resonate at (I am assuming here) whatever the consensus of vibrations are because wouldnt the universal frequency be in flux since humans would be constantly changing frequency resonances?

I just find this interesting is all.

Do you mean this in a scenario in which the universe as separate from other humans? Because otherwise you would need all humans everywhere to be resonating the same freq right? Or possibly just resonate at (I am assuming here) whatever the consensus of vibrations are because wouldnt the universal frequency be in flux since humans would be constantly changing frequency resonances?

the frequency (I'm assuming) would be the sum of everything, and by comparison humans would just be a small buzz. what KoS is referring to (again, assuming) is the fundamental freq., and from there, the small human noise would just be picked up naturally.

the frequency (I'm assuming) would be the sum of everything, and by comparison humans would just be a small buzz. what KoS is referring to (again, assuming) is the fundamental freq., and from there, the small human noise would just be picked up naturally.

Why is it assumed, or perhaps it is known or written in ancient texts I havent read, that the human 'buzz' is a small one? I would guess it to be quite large.

I would think "enlightenment" would be seeing that the world "vibrates" at all kinds of different frequencies depending on where you are and who you're with...and then learning how to deal with all the different vibrations while keeping your own peace of mind and kindness intact.

I mean, Israel and Palestine certainly don't vibrate on the same wavelength...

Why is it assumed, or perhaps it is known or written in ancient texts I havent read, that the human 'buzz' is a small one? I would guess it to be quite large.
I assuming what KoS believes, I really have no idea what he actually believes. and the human buzz would be small compared to the entire universe (earth is a couple light seconds across, we can see 10^10^16 light years, and the universe is bigger still).

The way I see it we have this thing called the ego which is our conclusion about what we are. But the ego is just a thought. It is just a decision we have made that "I am KOS" or "I am uberrogo". Clearly different human beings have different bodies. But is the underlying essence between those two people really different?

I picture the universe as a giant fabric...and we are all little wrinkles on that fabric. Our egos are just that tiny little wrinkle..but the fabric is the same, we are all connected with that fabric....the stronger the ego, the stronger the wrinkle, but the fabric will always be there.

When I mean to resonate with the entire universe, it is just to tune the mind to that frequency (like a radio dial!) where the mind no longer concerns itself with the ego but feels united with everything. I picture it like a drop of water uniting with the ocean. You can separate the water, but ultimately all water can come back to the ocean and reconnect without any worry, without any problem.

VindurNótt said:
The frequency (I'm assuming) would be the sum of everything, and by comparison humans would just be a small buzz. what KoS is referring to (again, assuming) is the fundamental freq., and from there, the small human noise would just be picked up naturally.

Wow, that's a great way of putting it...the "fundamental frequency" yes, that is a great term.

Duty said:
I would think "enlightenment" would be seeing that the world "vibrates" at all kinds of different frequencies depending on where you are and who you're with...and then learning how to deal with all the different vibrations while keeping your own peace of mind and kindness intact.

I mean, Israel and Palestine certainly don't vibrate on the same wavelength...

haha, so true. Yes, I think this is absolutely right. the entire world vibrates at all different frequencies, doesn't it? every person things he/she is different than everything else, we all think different things, have different emotions. In my view this is the result of our egos. We pretend the ego is real, when it isn't.

Israel and Palestine is a wonderful example. These people kill each other and harbor so much hatred because they think they are so different from one another. This is the strength of a label. Imagine an Israeli and a Palestinian on this forum being wonderful friends, and then learning that one is from one country and the other from another. That is the strength of labels. So yes there is a great difference in vibration there. They will never settle their differences so long as they pretend they are different, when the essence of both is exactly the same, their suffering the same, their pain the same. The ego is like a drug; even after so much suffering, a person insists on clinging to the ego, even when it guarantees only more suffering....

What I do nowadays, I just take bits and pieces that I like from different religions and try to incorporate it into an independent belief system.

I do this too. Personal Spiritual Ethical Intuitionism is what I call it, hemhem!

Buddhism makes a lot of sense to me but I can't say I'm a fully fledged practicing one. I go to an Anglican school so I can accept a liberal approach to Christianity and kind of fuse the two. I'm also agnostic with my own conceptual connection to theism but mostly as a sort of springboard into the reverent unknown with aspiring eyes to the sky leaping velcroless openmindedness! :D

I converted to Islam. I was basically christian and raised in a catholic/Lutheran family. I got interested in studying religion and even took a course in world religions to learn about them. I later became interested in my jewish roots and started studying that but later realized it wasn't for me. I prefer a more worldly view and I believed in Jesus (p.b.u.h) message of love and brotherhood. I admired the buddihism but felt discontented with it's absence of God. Later I discovered islam; I like it because it gives me a one on one relationship with God; learning to understand him through reason and a buddhist like philosphy; teaching you to be non-materialistic, charitable, humble, modest,ect.

My religion? Love; the religion of poets.

"I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for their religion I have shudder'd at it. I shudder no more. I could be martyr'd for my religion Love is my religion And I could die for that." _John Keats

Religion, I don't know! I am exploring openly until I find what I click with.. what really speaks to me. I'm not sure there is anything that's a perfect match, so just utilize elements from all that I connect with.
I feel like all religions are in essence just different paths that all end in the same destination one way or another. The concepts, morals, and connection with a higher being or understanding are all similar, just expressed differently :)

I grew up in a Catholic family and went to Catholic schools but, I always felt somewhat stifled. It's really not for me at all, no matter how much I try to ease into it. I will still do religious things with my family because it's always been that way. But to me, it doesn't feel like I am bettering myself or connecting with a deity.. it feels like everyone I was surrounded by just wanted to play a game of holier-than-thou or something :( Don't like that much.

So.. things of a more solitary nature are highly appealing. Or maybe smaller groups. I've wanted earnestly to explore Pagan religions as I feel a pull to it, but not really sure how to get facts over fluffy stuff.. or feel like I'm searching in vain. Oh well! For right now it's just me appreciating nature and whatever is unseen but all around!

I converted to Islam. I was basically christian and raised in a catholic/Lutheran family. I got interested in studying religion and even took a course in world religions to learn about them. I later became interested in my jewish roots and started studying that but later realized it wasn't for me. I prefer a more worldly view and I believed in Jesus (p.b.u.h) message of love and brotherhood. I admired the buddihism but felt discontented with it's absence of God. Later I discovered islam; I like it because it gives me a one on one relationship with God; learning to understand him through reason and a buddhist like philosphy; teaching you to be non-materialistic, charitable, humble, modest,ect.

Masha Allah, that's beautiful. How old were you when you converted? If you don't mind sharing of course.

Last edited:
I was born Muslim. I never really understood pure Islam until I was a teenager because I grew up with Islam that was polluted by culture and society. Now, I understand what Islam is really about and accept it wholeheartedly.

I'm was raised a Baptist but am now an Anglican (and have been for a couple of years now).

Last edited:
Well, I was a born again evangelical Christian, raised baptist and salvationist. Then I left. I am now interested in Budhism and Quakerism.

I mostly agree with secular humanism.

Masha Allah, that's beautiful. How old were you when you converted? If you don't mind sharing of course.

I was 16 when I converted I'm 17 now and when I go to a university I'm going to start wearing a hijab.

I'm surprised at variety in this thread, particularly the new-age/wicca, but I guess that is what you should expect on this forum.

I have explored many religions and for awhile I was interested in wicca and new age beliefs, but now I consider myself buddhist.