• Atheist

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Other

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
Why?

Your religion has nothing to do with your personality and pretty much all to do with the environment you're brought up in to. For example someone raised in a Muslim family won't become a Christian because he/she is an INFJ.

Because the OP said no to ESFPs so bugger off! (imagine I said that in a monty python voice)

They dont get anything, they just say they did. Thus negating the 2nd part of your question.
I've asked for mercy and got it when even I didnt think I deserved it. I've got a lot of things by asking. So where do they get the stuff from Billy? They dont get it at all? They lie? No one has anything? Where do you get the stuff that makes you better than them?

I've asked for mercy and got it when even I didnt think I deserved it. I've got a lot of things by asking. So where do they get the stuff from Billy? They dont get it at all? They lie? No one has anything? Where do you get the stuff that makes you better than them?

I wouldn't say that they lie, just that they're deluded and using circular reasoning, which is a fallacy. By the way "mercy" isn't stuff. Its nothing.

I wouldn't say that they lie, just that they're deluded and using circular reasoning, which is a fallacy. By the way "mercy" isn't stuff. Its nothing.
If mercy is a 'nothing', how are we talking about it? What is the difference between a nothing and a something if they are both something? It sounds like you're saying that no one gets anything from anywhere, and that's false because many people have got many things from somewhere- where do people get things billy?

one of my friends identifies with druidism, which has many gods. Monotheism always seems so much simpler and more efficient. Instead of having to remember 50 different gods for 50 different things to pray for, you just pray to one. Likewise instead of having to please 50 different gods, youd just have to please one. Either can give you what you need, but what gives you more than those who identify with either?

I'm not into religion at all...but I wanted to talk a bit about what I've learned with regard to religions with multiple "gods". In my understanding - in the beginning the "gods" were really icons or archetypes to represent aspects of our selves we wish to engage. Praying to God is a certain kind of ritual - is it not? Well - in these religions they choose which archetype(deity) to pray to in order to engage a particular part of Self. This is done to improve their life.

Example: Right now I'm involved in engaging the hidden/repressed Anger aspect of my Self - trying to bring it forth in a transformative act so I'm not carrying around that junk in me. In looking for various methods I have run across the idea of "engaging Kali - the Goddess of Anger" in order to make my transformation successful. Praying to Kali - helps the person focus directly upon what they are working on. If you look at pictures of her - she is fierce and angry looking. If we assume God is within - then in effect we are praying to our Self - perhaps the hidden aspect of Self - perhaps the subconscious/unconscious - to help us heal. I'm not sure what to call it... All I know is actively working on bringing up my repressed anger is healing me. I may be screaming at/with Kali soon. :tongue1:

Another example would be praying to the Joy icon(god) to bring focus and emphasis on recognizing and allowing one's Self to experience and feel Joy. Perhaps it's easier to gaze at artistic renderings of what one wants to happen in their life....the iconic representation of God.

I think the Icons helped humans to cope in their daily lives - to help them transform their hindrances and move towards a peaceful loving mind. As time went on people turned the rituals into a religion.

If mercy is a 'nothing', how are we talking about it? What is the difference between a nothing and a something if they are both something? It sounds like you're saying that no one gets anything from anywhere, and that's false because many people have got many things from somewhere- where do people get things billy?
"nothing" is a concept too, and yet it still is liable to be talked about.

"nothing" is a concept too, and yet it still is liable to be talked about.
Yeah, 'nothing' is a something as you've said. The absence of something is nonsensical because there has to be something there for it to be there, otherwise it wouldnt enter the conversation. Like death in the life worth living thread- death is viewed as the absence of life and how would you experience that? You wouldnt experience it so you will never die in that the only death you could experience would be a living (some call spiritual) death. Some liken that to hell.

My religion is "Question everything till it makes sense" ... It's a fairly long title. And it's open to membership. So far the only members are the ones who reside in my mind .. lol .. No that would be crazy :)

I don't believe in titles/labels. I think they're limiting. I don't have a set spirituality or belief system. The only thing I believe is what makes most sense on a given day but I always keep it open to questioning and re-thinking. I've been like that since I can remember.

What's a Hindu?

The answer was lay eggs.

Lay eggs.

the word your looking for polytheist, also your new gods are going to turn into cows and sleep with your wife, enjoy your mutant ox children

Will magic mushrooms grow in their poop?

Reactions: Kmal
Majority of votes;

Christian and Agnostic.

Not big surprise.

My religion is "Question everything till it makes sense" ... It's a fairly long title. And it's open to membership. So far the only members are the ones who reside in my mind .. lol .. No that would be crazy :)

I don't believe in titles/labels. I think they're limiting. I don't have a set spirituality or belief system. The only thing I believe is what makes most sense on a given day but I always keep it open to questioning and re-thinking. I've been like that since I can remember.

Titles and labels exist. Trust me.

Majority of votes;

Christian and Agnostic.

Not big surprise.

"Other" is in a close 3rd, pretty interesting. I thought atheist would be, honestly.