Rejection | INFJ Forum

Rejection

That is really interesting. I love reading articals like this. It brings alot of things to the surface, that, subconsiously, I have kinda-sorta known, but didn't at the same time. Now that I know it, I can work on it :)

Reactions: Jexocuha
That was really intriguing. I can see where this has actually happened in my life. I think the reason you withdraw is because you've already accepted that perhaps the group has rejected you and instead of feeling down on yourself you feel the need to reject them like you don't care. Or perhaps you just lose self esteem.

yeah i thought that was really interesting, i love looking at human behaviour from a really simplistic, primal, survival point of view. largely i beliveve as a result of having watched david attenborough's life on earth series - it really change the way i think about things, reinforcing the fact that i believe there is a reason for everything -and that that statement doesn't necessarily have to carry spiritual connotations. when you think about it, in the grand scale of evolution, language, emotions and intelligence are relatively new things and we were built and designed for much simpler purposes.

this as a realy great article :)

that was a very interesting breakfast read :D
I'm also kinda going through it right now so I know what they're talking about. Though I also agree that it makes no sense whatsoever.

maybe thats how we became intoverts. Maybe when we were small and cant remember or something. I dunno. Just a random thought.

There are lots of things I consider unfortunate about being a female NT but this is actually one thing that I like about my NTness. There are some people I care about and their opinions really matter (rejection from them could crush me) but for the most part I genuinely don't care if others reject me, I really don't, always made peer-pressure easy to deal with.

Great article.

Great article. Thanks for posting it, Alcy.

I think a lot of people here can relate to that article, especially people who've been teased at school or even lil' things like being picked last in gym class because we weren't "cool" enough, etc. I used to worry about things like that before and what people thought of me -a lot. Now, not so much. Great article.