"Refugees" What is Europe thinking? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

"Refugees" What is Europe thinking?

Would you consider becoming a Muslim woman? (Ha)?
Why I would become a Muslim woman? I am not religous myself but I am raised to respect every religion - something everybody should learn at some point. Islamophobia bothers me very much that I was considering wearing a scarf just like my husband shaved his head when his friend was having chemo. And actually at once I did out of neccessity - I was on the beach in Cali and forgot my big sunhat so had to use scarf to cover my head. I could tell that people around thought I am muslim - could hear some comments distinctly. I was also being very phisical with my kids - swinging them around and turning upside-down - which was interpreted as 'terrorist in making' (one large family, few generations,nearby watched us closely and I could hear their comments). I was dying laughing to myself. (Ha!)

I think you're on some kind of trip - lsd?

I am on the spiritual trip - just like everybody else but they may not know it yet. I can see and understand every situation on many different levels and level that I wrote above is highest I could see.
World is becoming global village no matter if we like it or not. Faster we accept it - smoother it will go. Many cultures and traditions are chainging and I understand that many people are upset about it.

What do you think about this: http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/rebuilding-refugee-asylum-system-by-george-soros-2015-09
There is intension behind it. Is to depopulate and destabilaze Syria even more or to destabilize Europe? Or both, maybe?

Last edited:
What do you think about this: http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/rebuilding-refugee-asylum-system-by-george-soros-2015-09
There is intension behind it. Is to depopulate and destabilaze Syria even more or to destabilize Europe? Or both, maybe?

The EU is a trade union with a treaty that prevents war amongst member states and provides them with regional security agreements.
IT is not like the United states that is headed by a president. The EU are seperate countries. How is it not normal for these countries to put number 1 first?
The person who wrote this article did so making assumptions. It's like saying north america instead of the US. The US is not responsible for mexico and canada. Whilst you work together in some areas, you are not the North American Country. This man makes statements that are equivelant to that.

Some european countries are part in the EU, but the EU is a cooperation between countries but not dismissal of sovereignty. As such this guy's entire article on how the eu should handle the refugee crisis is irrelevant to the situation. Anything further would be off topic.

The EU is a trade union with a treaty that prevents war amongst member states and provides them with regional security agreements.
IT is not like the United states that is headed by a president. The EU are seperate countries. How is it not normal for these countries to put number 1 first?
The person who wrote this article did so making assumptions. It's like saying north america instead of the US. The US is not responsible for mexico and canada. Whilst you work together in some areas, you are not the North American Country. This man makes statements that are equivelant to that.

Some european countries are part in the EU, but the EU is a cooperation between countries but not dismissal of sovereignty. As such this guy's entire article on how the eu should handle the refugee crisis is irrelevant to the situation. Anything further would be off topic.
I guess you don't know who G.Soros is? He was heavily invested in Ukraine war too. We are just pawns on the chess board and if he is not holding us then he is at least bishop or knight.
http://humanevents.com/2011/04/02/top-10-reasons-george-soros-is-dangerous/
Another question to consider is - Why are refugees coming in such numbers right now when that area was troubled for very long time? Something is telling me there must be some planning behind it - some kind of campaign over there to make people come to Europe.

Reactions: Artisan
History repeats itself over and over. Humankind will never learn the lessons of the past, FACT. Seeing the problems with one cultural group or another and then treating it as an exclusive event is completed idiotic. There is nothing that can be done about the past, only the present, only the moment. These people who flock to other countries in droves, would they ever be kind to refugees entering their own country (of a different faith?) I just don't see that happening with countries that are predominantly Muslim and if anyone can find documentation to change my mind please oblige.

Back to my ignore list for you. Tired of banter. Don't want to fight. Don't like your mind's wakes. Good night crow.

Then don’t dish out shit you don’t wanna eat yourself.
There’s a parable for you.

History repeats itself over and over. Humankind will never learn the lessons of the past, FACT. Seeing the problems with one cultural group or another and then treating it as an exclusive event is completed idiotic. There is nothing that can be done about the past, only the present, only the moment. These people who flock to other countries in droves, would they ever be kind to refugees entering their own country (of a different faith?) I just don't see that happening with countries that are predominantly Muslim and if anyone can find documentation to change my mind please oblige.

http://national.deseretnews.com/art...ether-to-help-refugees-in-iraq-and-syria.html

Also -

Other stories of Muslims helping Christians-

http://www.godvine.com/read/rebuild-church-394.html

http://www.christiantoday.com/artic....funds.to.rebuild.burnt.us.churches/58365.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/muslims-form-human-chain-pakistan_n_4057381.html
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...lping-christians-in-egypt-build-a-new-church/

http://www.christianpost.com/news/s...orlds-eyes-christian-aid-mission-says-145107/

Does growing up in a religious family make you MEAN?
Christian and Muslim children found to be less altruistic than the offspring of atheists

• Children from households identifying as Christian and Muslim were found to be less altruistic in a series of tests
  • Those from atheist and non-religious families were more generous
  • Negative relation between religiosity and altruism grew stronger with age

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ruistic-offspring-atheists.html#ixzz3r1Bjm92F

Last edited:
This thread has made a trip west, I see.

Why I would become a Muslim woman? I am not religous myself but I am raised to respect every religion - something everybody should learn at some point. Islamophobia bothers me very much that I was considering wearing a scarf just like my husband shaved his head when his friend was having chemo. And actually at once I did out of neccessity - I was on the beach in Cali and forgot my big sunhat so had to use scarf to cover my head. I could tell that people around thought I am muslim - could hear some comments distinctly. I was also being very phisical with my kids - swinging them around and turning upside-down - which was interpreted as 'terrorist in making' (one large family, few generations,nearby watched us closely and I could hear their comments). I was dying laughing to myself. (Ha!)
What you're talking about are issues of flirting with social attitudes/acceptance and external visual indicators.
Putting on a head-scarf is very different from adopting an ideology which has so many elements which contradict our Western ideals of equality and law. A headscarf does not mean that you adopted the view, for example, that women at all times in their life must legally be the property of a man (either as daughter, wife, or mother); the view that it is an accepted and explicit "sacred" view of your ideology that "non-believers" would be better off dead for not holding your same ideology (Islam holds that it is a mercy for infidels to die rather than persist).

I have no problem that some people are Islamic - and that there are Islamic cultures/communities/countries/etc. However, that view is not reciprocal; and given the way that our communities/societies/countries work - democratically; and given the shifting demographics in our countries - there is no real model where a majority our societies do not eventually end up (within our lifetimes) dominated by an ideology which is far less tolerant/liberal than it is.

IMO There is a huge contradiction that we in the West have to face: to remain liberal societies, we cannot be infinitely liberal. To remain liberal and tolerant, there are some things about which we cannot be liberal and tolerant. A huge contradiction indeed -but perhaps only a moderate liberality is actually sustainable.

I am on the spiritual trip - just like everybody else but they may not know it yet. I can see and understand every situation on many different levels and level that I wrote above is highest I could see.
World is becoming global village no matter if we like it or not. Faster we accept it - smoother it will go. Many cultures and traditions are chainging and I understand that many people are upset about it.

Humanitarian issues are a different issue to issues of managing a huge religiously entrenched intolerant position (ie. managing the spread of Islam). Islamic people are people, just like the rest of us - and if in need, must be helped. However, the Islamic ideology is not like ours - and is indeed completely intolerant of ours - that is the issue for me.

@Flavus, I grew up in eastern Europe and muslim people over there do not live much different than rest of us- most of them are not overly religious. I could have married muslim and I believe my life wouldn't be much different. I know many inter-religous (muslim-christian) couples. We celebrate together all different holidays and it is fun. It could be very different in the Middle East - I really don't know, but I believe that there is massive misinterpretation of Islam in Western media. Even if muslim comunities in those countries were very closed I believe they will assimilate at some point. If they are that much intolerant as you belive than they wouldn't even come to Europe..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pjxPR36qFU

When is it okay to say no more?

Reactions: Skarekrow
When is it okay to say no more?

I think it's more urgent the question of who else... I'll propose Saudi Arabia, and the USA, given their direct intervention on that area. Also vast amounts of territory that alone compare to the whole continent in extension, and they are NOT short of resources... Europe alone can't do the martyr in this situation anymore, i think.

This was meant as a riddle. Sorry if anybody took offence.

Migration is part of human nature. It will never disappear. It is required for our civilizational advancement. Without it, how could our ancestors survive and develop?

this was posted a while ago, but i feel obliged to mention that islamic culture hasn't encouraged progressivism for almost 800 years and shows only the weakest signs of returning to even a shade of that former glory

the chances of an uncontrolled islamic diaspora not causing massive, potentially irreversible societal issues are fucking slim

Reactions: just me
this was posted a while ago, but i feel obliged to mention that islamic culture hasn't encouraged progressivism for almost 800 years and shows only the weakest signs of returning to even a shade of that former glory

the chances of an uncontrolled islamic diaspora not causing massive, potentially irreversible societal issues are fucking slim

We kind of deserve it tbh.

We kind of deserve it tbh.

Every day I lust for nuclear fire to burn our perverted civilizations down to the bare earth; every day I am disappointed anew.

#TedCruz2016

I think it's more urgent the question of who else... I'll propose Saudi Arabia, and the USA, given their direct intervention on that area. Also vast amounts of territory that alone compare to the whole continent in extension, and they are NOT short of resources... Europe alone can't do the martyr in this situation anymore, i think.

The usa intervening doesn't result in positive ways for the natives of any country.

I think it just inconceivable for many people to think that the principals by which a state acts/decides has to be different from how an individual person acts/decides.

When it comes to dealing with the muslim neighbour down the road, my principal must be "treat others as you would have them treat you."

But when it comes to countries/civilisations/cultures/etc. the principle has to be "treat others as they treat you." This is reflected in everything from trade policy, tariffs, visa conditions, military treaties, aggression/cooperation, etc.

It must be easy to critizise other countries on their refugee/illigal immigrant policies and their citizen's complaints.
Especially when you are from a country that pretty much does anything to keep them out and make the ones who do get in miserable, or in australia's case, also has a taskforce to track them down and deport them.