Flavus Aquila

Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
Tens of thousands of Syrians have been dwelling in Jordan, Turkey, and other surrounding countries for several years. Now there is a huge rise in them moving into Europe - and many European countries are taking thousands in (especially Germany). What are the Europeans thinking?

Reactions: Artisan
They're thinking that because of some knee-jerk reaction-fuelled self-sense of humanity and self-flagellation to those that wish to blame European history for every crime that had ever happened with foreign policy. The European leaders have decided to not bother to check most of these migrants, despite only 80,000 of these 'refugees' coming from the war in Syria; 200,000 are made up of economic migrants. Meanwhile, newspapers and magazines continue to dominate headlines with pictures of young boys being carried to the shore which further provokes an emotionally-fuelled knee-jerk reaction, not at all based on a logical and logistical solution to the core causes of the crisis.

Last edited:
It will be damaging to their culture, but cultures change. In <50 years I'll be dead. I dont care.

There is some speculation that Germany has been in dire need of labour. Germany's taking of refugees isn't simply humanitarian, but rather to make up numbers in their workforce - or so the speculation goes.

Nevertheless, you cannot insert such a large displaced population into a country without creating a huge amount of instability. Things could spin out of control very easily if the intake numbers are as high as some estimates peg them.

Then there's the whole thing about whether Islamophobia has justification in reality or not.

They are not refugees, they are economical imigrants. Whole wave of them is going trough my neighborhood.
[video=youtube;VyvHdyc-r7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvHdyc-r7w[/video]

We had a thread about this, I thin La Sagna made it.

No matter the cause,
I will greet them with open arms!

We had a thread about this, I thin La Sagna made it.
Ok.

No matter the cause,

Just don't get yourself decapitated. There is some speculation about ISIS members crossing into Europe, feigning to be refugees. (Probably a miniscule number of the total, but anyhow...). Just noticed you are in Sweden - your government will probably have some realistic background checks before admitting refugees, so ignore that last comment.

Imigrants are mostly from middle east and Sweden is up on north. Their cold weather will make terrorists so depressed and unmotivated that there will be no problem :p

They are not refugees, they are economical imigrants. Whole wave of them is going trough my neighborhood.
[video=youtube;VyvHdyc-r7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvHdyc-r7w[/video]

That is a disturbing video.

I'm welcoming them even tho we have economical difficulties. I don't care if they aren't refugees, I doubt that this large mass of people are risking their life if their life are't already at risk in their country. Maybe becuse of war, maybe because of hunger, either of them are important reasons. Europe has been through this too, we need to help each other even if we don't get out well from the situation.

I do not want to bring to many immigrants into my country. :blah: :der: But I do not know how many is too many. :confused:

This has happened before, and we will work it out "automagically" again somehow. :drum: :welcome:

Last edited:
Yeah, same topic but with a different twist.

Pretty much the same discussion, though.

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30569

This OP in this one is a little more like, "why would you?"

Whereas the other is more so "why wouldn't you?"

Essentially everyone's going to have their particular views, either way.

Well done for pointing out the certainty that most threads involving these types of discussions include a title which already reveals a point of view, or a slant.

There is a lot of truly fucked up stuff going on with this. It's not refugees that are being accepted by other countries. These people are leaving in droves. They are going through countries, taking up their free resources and are moving on to the next best place. Have any of you seen the countless videos of the kind of things that are going on in these countries that are now over-run with refugees? Have you heard about the brawls between different groups, the violence, military having to be called in to stop the breakouts of fights? The rioting? The absurd DEMANDS that are being made? Has anyone read about the dramatic rise in crime?

I read a very long article recently about an international third party think tank that is evaluating this situation across many countries and the picture that it paints is an absolute fucking nightmare.

I agree that no one should have to leave in fear in their own country and they should be able to apply for asylum but opening borders to ANYONE and just letting them take over in droves while providing them money and housing etc is absurd. There is absolutely no way to separate the criminals from those who genuinely need the help. They've already arrested some people who are tied to ISIS but when you have hundreds of thousands of people on the move you're just asking for trouble and you can't catch everyone.

Honestly, the whole thing is scary. I think what's even more scary is that the topic is so taboo and you can't say anything against it without being labeled a racist or some muslim hating bigoted asshole but that's just NOT the case. This isn't a race thing and it's not a religion thing. It is allowing a mass exodus of people to take up residence unchecked without any true formalities and the results are horrendous.

Congratulations to Sweden for being the rape capital of the west now, btw.

I do not want to bring to many immigrants into my country. :blah: :der: But I do not know how many is too many. :confused:

This has happened before, and we will work it out "automagically" again somehow. :drum: :welcome:

This was meant as a riddle. Sorry if anybody took offence.

Migration is part of human nature. It will never disappear. It is required for our civilizational advancement. Without it, how could our ancestors survive and develop?

No matter the cause,

Let me straighten things out:

I'm no politician. Period. I do not get to choose who to let in or not. I do however get to choose how I greet the ones that enter our borders, and they are the ones I will greet with open arms. I can only hope and trust the government to do their part. Of course, we could protest, but this is hardly the time for it jet. Now is the time to bring shelters to the ones in need... before the winter comes!

Of course we cannot let everyone in. Of course we have to check if there's hiding any ISIS among them. Of course we have to bring caution with the situation. But can't you do both? A great portion of the refugees we let in are children, without any parents. We will greet them with open hearts! And I will be cautious, as always.