Red Pill Documentary | Page 18 | INFJ Forum

Red Pill Documentary

The best comedic characters don't try to be silly- they try to be serious and fail. Then they turn to the audience and ask "Why are you laughing?" which is even funnier than the failing to be serious itself.

Reactions: Pin and the
The best comedic characters don't try to be silly- they try to be serious and fail. Then they turn to the audience and ask "Why are you laughing?" which is even funnier than the failing to be serious itself.

xkcd_566_-_matrix_revisited_-_the_third_option_is_drugs_8488.png

Men are finally waking up and seeing the bullshit patriarchal systems subject many of them to. Good for you. But don't confuse the problem being that women are now victimizing you by forcing men to die in wars or difficult and dangerous professions (whatever you meant by protection of women.) Women didn't make those rules and set that culture.
Maybe you should look into the sexist bullshit women have to go through to work those dangerous jobs or join the military. I have a female friend who worked for an oil company in a male dominated position. She loved the job and esp the pay but quit because her male co-workers could not deal with a woman doing their job. Nonstop harassment.

But I think in a lot of cases if you're getting screwed it is because you don't have any wealth or power. Not because you are a man or a woman. Male privilege is kind of bullshit unless you are wealthy and not a minority.

AMEN! Perfect.

This is a subject for a dissertation. It's nothing but nuance!

Extreme positions are probably common because people want red meat reasons that explain why they feel powerless, etc. Documentaries and sensational news outlets offer a variety of scapegoats -- one for every niche -- but this is just for ratings. Trump is keen on this! So, research, and don't let your emotions overpower your ability to think rationally.

Reactions: Peppermint
You're a fan of deadpan humor?

Reactions: Reason
I trust that you can sum it up for me in a paragraph.
A vast amount of statistical and anecdotal evidence that will change the way you think about feminism and MRAs that will make you realize how irreverent everything you've written in your thread has been due to no fault of your own.

Too much evidence for me to summarize, in fact.

A vast amount of statistical and anecdotal evidence that will change the way you think about feminism and MRAs that will make you realize how irreverent everything you've written in your thread has been due to no fault of your own.

Documentaries aren't good primary sources because they are just opinion pieces. Cherry-picked evidence doesn't do a lot for me.

I actually do want to watch it. I wasn't being sarcastic about the YouTube vids or in asking you for a summary.

Reactions: Reason and Stu
Documentaries aren't good primary sources because they are just opinion pieces. Cherry-picked evidence doesn't do a lot for me.
Yes this is usually the case with documentaries, but since it is a counter to a popular narrative it is interesting precisely because it explores an opposite rationale to that which you are familiar with.

I'm sorry if my response sounded condescending, i'm not trying to be obtuse or unfair although I will admit I got a little heated at the beginning of this thread. I applaud your aiming to be moderate and not an extremist, I can easily respect someone I disagree with who abhors extremism.

More likely that you just don't understand the evidence well enough to summarize it correctly.

More likely that you just don't understand the evidence well enough to summarize it correctly.
Well it isn't one topic, its dozens and dozens of subtopics under the umbrella of feminism and MRAs and the like isn't it? I mean the whole point of the documentary I think is that there's this whole unexplored world that never gets talked about because the feminist narrative is ubiquitous and speaking out against it is so taboo. But that isn't all that it is- the documentary is really also about touching on each of these subtopics in a way that they have not been explored in mainstream thought.

@Reason With Logic Filling

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle

Both Feminists and Men's Rights Activists are absurd; they're cut from the same Egalitarian cloth.
How absurd they are depends on what they're trying to accomplish.
Equality of opportunity? seems quite possible to achieve and laudable to me.
Equality of outcome? might destroy western civilization.

How absurd they are depends on what they're trying to accomplish.
Equality of opportunity? seems quite possible to achieve and laudable to me.
Equality of outcome? might destroy western civilization.
Nature is inherently unfair, shit happens. There will always be more losers than winners.

Which part?

?
Equality of Opportunity is impossible; not everyone is capable of taking advantage of opportunities. That's nature.

who said that life should be fair? the law should be fair- or at least as close to fair as it can be
The law cannot be fair to everyone because we're not all equal, even in principle.

Equality of Opportunity is impossible; not everyone is capable of taking advantage of opportunities. That's nature.
I believe you are thinking of equality of outcome. The opportunities should be there for anyone with talent and drive, but some people lack either talent, motivation, or both.

When you force society to compensate; to put people of inferior skill and resolve in positions of power and achievement that are unearned that is what is called 'equality of outcome'.