Reality is an Illusion | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Reality is an Illusion

Reality by the end will always be a step ahead of everyone who tries to simplify it. True understanding and intuition is needed, and narrow mindedness, avoided, because if not, you'll get swollen by the jaws of the cosmos that haves no mercy for the ones who think they have it all figured out or take themselves too seriously. You gotta be quick, smart and humble.

Also, because I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but Plato's allegory of the cave is exactly talking about this issue.....

Not really.
Everything in science, math, religion, physics, mysticism haves it's foundations or at least correlations with this allegory and Plato's ideas.
The video is talking about multiverses, or whatever that is, Plato's ideas are strongly founded on the idea that there was only one TRUE world, and it wasn't this. Our world is just the reflection according to him. Imo is just like a broken, flawed reflection, like watching the sun through a broken mirror.
It reminded me of William Blake and this quote fwiw: If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.

Last edited:
I'll say this: our interpretation of reality is necessarily an illusion; consciousness is a substrate removed from the real essence of phenomena. Is it still "real", as in the way that we experience reality in general? Definitely.

I've been reading up on an epistemological concept known as irrealism, which seems to be a viable alternative to the antirealism vs realism debate. Within this concept, reality isn't an illusion, but a worldview. There are multiple, although not infinite, worldviews, hence there is more than one reality. Different worlviews explain different aspects of reality that cannot be explained by the other world views. In a sense, people are limited by how they view the world. Looking at it one way will screen out the information essential for competing world views. There isn't a unified reality, but bits and pieces we filter out to create the sense of one.

Reality to humans or what we call the third dimensional holographic existence is more on the side of solidity and material existence. Percieved through the very limited 5 senses -the irony is that our brains actually have the capacity to percieve more than the material world because it works as a portal to the immaterial. Reality is an illusion and percieving it through the senses does not invalidate every other type of reality that exists in the universe. Attachment to the solid and material gives us the illusion that our realities are all that exists.

Reactions: Skarekrow