Ni
Enneagram
[video=youtube;JF61lhEeGng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF61lhEeGng[/video]

Reactions: muir
R U Sure its not the other way around?

It seems real to me so...

Reactions: Jexocuha
Your face is an illusion

Uh huh. Clearly the only intelligent response to this is, your mom is an illusion. ...

Reality isn't an illusion as much as it is a reality mistakenly taken at face (shallow) value.

Reality isn't solid we just perceive it as solid

I've just been reading the start to David Ickes latest book 'the perception deception' and he talks about the holographic universe there

I'm going to try and tie it into my thread in the news section about topics that society is prevented from discussing

Mystics have been telling us that reality is an illusion for millenia and the mystery schools knew this as well...sadly the knowledge fell inot the wrong hands and has been used to exploit us

Now most people identify with their body as being them instead of realising that we are consciousness having an experience in this reality...which is kind of a virtual reality simulator

This is why we are bombarded with images and concepts that lock us into the 5 sense 'physical' reality because it removes us from seeing ourselves as we truely are which is infinate consciousness

lol

Reality isn't solid we just perceive it as solid

I've just been reading the start to David Ickes latest book 'the perception deception' and he talks about the holographic universe there

I'm going to try and tie it into my thread in the news section about topics that society is prevented from discussing

Mystics have been telling us that reality is an illusion for millenia and the mystery schools knew this as well...sadly the knowledge fell inot the wrong hands and has been used to exploit us

Now most people identify with their body as being them instead of realising that we are consciousness having an experience in this reality...which is kind of a virtual reality simulator

This is why we are bombarded with images and concepts that lock us into the 5 sense 'physical' reality because it removes us from seeing ourselves as we truely are which is infinate consciousness

lol

People get all kinds of things mixed up. Like thinking that "illusion" means "not real" which is wrong. An illusion is very real. We're also incorrect in saying that an illusion is nonphysical.

Both of the above are quite trivially proven by looking at illusions that work for most people, such as the Lilac chaser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilac_chaser

2up8wtw.gif

Stare at the middle of the image and after a while the revolving gap will appear to turn into a revolving green dot, and shortly after all the lilac dots will vanish. This is replicable because the phenomenon of illusion is real and physical and caused by specific properties.

[video=youtube;JF61lhEeGng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF61lhEeGng[/video]

Illusion is a false perception of reality.
By this definition, the idea that reality is a illusion is a illusion itself.
Absolute illusion is a impossibility, because if there is no reality, there is no illusion either. The idea of illusion makes sense olny if there is reality. So if you're saying reality is a illusion...you are left with no reality to "borrow" illusion.
So if we say that reality is a illusion, its kind of like saying 10:5=20.

Absolute illusion is a impossibility, because if there is no reality, there is no illusion either. The idea of illusion makes sense olny if there is reality. So if you're saying reality is a illusion...you are left with no reality to "borrow" illusion.

Hence my saying "illusion is a reality"

The fact that we have illusory perception of reality is part of reality superimposed upon itself. Because reality includes you saying that something is an illusion.

Hence my saying "illusion is a reality"

The fact that we have illusory perception of reality is part of reality superimposed upon itself. Because reality includes you saying that something is an illusion.

Yes.
You know, as I was quickly looking at posts, I saw your first post and I said "here is the smartest and simple possible answer" and I was going to thumb it up, but then I realised is you, and you probably hate me giving you thumbs up. Maybe i'll give it a thumb up, if you don't mind of course...

Yes.
You know, as I was quickly looking at posts, I saw your first post and I said "here is the smartest and simple possible answer" and I was going to thumb it up, but then I realised is you, and you probably hate me giving you thumbs up. Maybe i'll give it a thumb up, if you don't mind of course...

All that old stuff is past. I'm over it. You can do whatever you like but I'll understand if you're cautious, because I was pretty mean.

Reality is composed of the observers ability to observe. Give the observer more senses and he can perceive more and as a result feel more real.

Understanding the brains processes can throw you for a big loop. Ive been on that loop for a while. But you know what, it makes me much more copesetic toward everything.

You know what. I feel good for you right now. You are using your head right now to think outside the box. Dont stop.

You are incorrect.

"a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by the senses."

What you said: "mistakenly taken at face value" is a fancy way of saying the same thing. Trivially if it is a mistake to take the face value, then the face value is a false value, hence an illusion.

In fact this very same idea is what would cause an illusion to be missed and taken as clear, non-distorted reality.

Also let's not confuse illusion with hallucination.

Illusion is when you have something that actually exists but your perception of it is incorrect.

Hallucination is perception of something that doesn't actually exist.

Edit: Or basically if a real magician makes a real woman seem to disappear, it's probably an illusion. If there's no magician and no woman but you see them anyway, that's a hallucination.