Real man/woman | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Real man/woman

a real man to me is one who is masculine, not afraid to get his hand dirty, chivalrous and gentlemanly.

Can you please elaborate what masculine means to you? Or do the subsequent traits in the above quote describe this?

Otherwise 'real man' 'being manly' and 'masculine' are synonymous in my mind and thus equally confusing to me.

Thanks!

Can you please elaborate what masculine means to you? Or do the subsequent traits in the above quote describe this?

Otherwise 'real man' 'being manly' and 'masculine' are synonymous in my mind and thus equally confusing to me.

Thanks!
i guess i should have said masculine in appearance. sorry about the vagueness

No worries. I am literal minded. Abstract concepts sometimes escape me. Thank you for clarifying.
no problem

i am abstract minded, so i often express myself without the details and assume i'm understood.
it's also a girl thing i think. chances are the women in the forum understood what i meant - we finish each other's sentences, you know lol

A real woman is one that runs shit. If you need a real world example just look around and find a woman who holds everything together. Be it family,business, friends or society in general she can hold everything together and make it run smooth She is indispensable and offers a value. Once you find these individuals; break down and look into their qualities and see which ones you admire and prefer in your "real woman".

A real woman is one that runs shit. If you need a real world example just look around and find a woman who holds everything together. Be it family,business, friends or society in general she can hold everything together and make it run smooth She is indispensable and offers a value. Once you find these individuals; break down and look into their qualities and see which ones you admire and prefer in your "real woman".

Wow. I think I just saw a ghost. Solon, is that really you?

Anyway, I agree although I also think if you rearrange the pronouns, you get a really apt description for a 'real man' too. Or just a 'real person.' Someone who takes responsibility for their lives and stands up for their principles.

I'm beginning to see a pattern for people who scorn the wishy-washy in favour of someone who knows who they are.

Real man/woman is someone who makes you feel complete.

There used to be a book about this, called "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche" My dad, who is as real as they get, was given a copy of that book as a joke, snorted with derision, and said (and I quote) "Real men eat whatever they damn well please."

True story. Of course, this is coming from a man who eats snails and frog legs, so, use your own judgement.

A lot of women around my area say they are looking for a real man. I have a penis. I'm pretty sure I qualify. However, being a sensitive F type, I suppose I probably don't quite fit that bill.

How would you describe a real man?

There are a few reasons why a woman would say she's looking for a real man.
All the reasons fall under the mind games category.
Firstly, it implies to whomever she's broadcasting that she deserves a real man. The implication is advertisement.
Secondly, it's a nice cover for her own issue that she's single.
Thirdly, it filters out all the insecure guys who think they need to meet qualifications. If you look back at who you are, and what you should be, you are not moving forward being who you are.

I am rather tempted to start a dating profile with the subject line "Looking for a real woman."

You're better off not saying anything like that because you don't need to. And you don't want anyone to think you do.

Last edited:
Vagina.
Xx chromosomes.

Pretty much. "Real" men and "real" women have always seemed like such bizarre and useless concepts. They're pretty much picture-perfect gender stereotypes, picture-perfect gender stereotypes blended with an individual's personal opinion of the ideal mate, or an individual's personal opinion of an ideal mate. Seems much more complicated and vague than just praising overall good traits and having a type.

Pretty much. "Real" men and "real" women have always seemed like such bizarre and useless concepts. They're pretty much picture-perfect gender stereotypes, picture-perfect gender stereotypes blended with an individual's personal opinion of the ideal mate, or an individual's personal opinion of an ideal mate. Seems much more complicated and vague than just praising overall good traits and having a type.

I believe it was Gloria Steinem who said, "Strive to be like the man [or woman] you want to marry."
Instead of stacking all your expectations up on others, become your own ideals....

Maybe I'm wrong, but when people talk about lack of an ideal in another person, I think it is only to compensate for the absence of some virtue in themselves.

Are there surreal men/women? Or pseudo-real? Isn't everyone real? Doesn't "real" just stand for some set of things that a group of other "real people" decided to kudo-up?..

A lot of women around my area say they are looking for a real man. I have a penis. I'm pretty sure I qualify. However, being a sensitive F type, I suppose I probably don't quite fit that bill.

How would you describe a real man?

its bs

I think they were probably just going through an existential crisis.

"I need a real man, not this crippling illusion of self-doubt..."