Votes: 7 19.4%
  • B, argue that NTs are the master race

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • C, inevitable joke answer: Xylophone

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • D, use their unlimited power to edit this poll. Xx, Lady Palpatine

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
Is this like a playdate? You know, when parents assume kids will hit it off because they are the same age?

and Groucho Marx, George Carlin, John Candy and frankly most of the really good comedians
IDRLabs (formerly Celebritytypes) listed George Carlin as an ENFP.

Eh.. ENFP, ENTP, pretty much the same.

Reactions: Odyne
Well then they're wrong aren't they?
Nope.
38cd814edc9bebdaebe5465ec98e126b.jpg

Reactions: Pin
Carlin is ENTP as fuck, your chart is trash :p

Nah Carlin was ENFP. He really gave a fuck about humanity and the world. His sarcasm was directed at trying to help people understand the flaws of society and humankind.

Bill Hicks (to use @Pin 's example) gave zero fucks. His sarcasm was a criticism of humanity, not an effort to make it better.

Nah Carlin was ENFP. He really gave a fuck about humanity and the world. His sarcasm was directed at trying to help people understand the flaws of society and humankind.

Bill Hicks (to use @Pin 's example) gave zero fucks. His sarcasm was a criticism of humanity, not an effort to make it better.
But it's not the case that only NFs care about the world or that all NTs are bitter

Reactions: Pin
My examples were bad. The truth is that Carlin just seemed Fi to me, so I can buy the ENFP description. That sucks but it's all I've got.
Yeah this argument is dumb, it doesn't matter, let's stop.

I accept that I could be wrong and Carlin could be NF, just not for the reasons given here

Fair enough?

Reactions: infinite dreams
Carlin always had a very detached outlook in life. He saw humanity through a glass separating himself from everyone else. Truly, I don't see an NF having the amount of detachment that he had. You're right, @infinite dreams, he did care about people but ultimately saw us as a failed species with many "gifts" that we threw to waste. He was a true Ti-dominant, who dissected everything to its core and arrived at his "truth" through careful analysis and detachment.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Reactions: Reason
ENTJ: "The MBTI Asshole Index"

"The animal that belongs to ENTJs is the scorpion. You might think scorpions are cool, but there’s a reason you would keep them in a terrarium if you got one. These people will eat you alive. You might associate that with someone sounding “badass” but I assure you, even if you were their second-in-command they would flay you alive in the same fashion a nice person would not injure a fly. But, you know, reversely. Also if you had a motherfucking talking scorpion, the ENTJ would convince you that it’s nice and shit and you would let it out and it would devour you.

Scruples are alien to them. They have no compunctions about petty details like ruining someone else’s life, and if they can get away with it they will gladly stab you with the dagger themselves.

All politicians ever are ENTJs. An ENTJ’s path of personal development does not leave much room for creativity. The first 20 years (‘Phase 1’) the ENTJ does nothing that can be called pleasure, and only what can be called planning. Around the transition between Phase 1 and Phase 2 (the next 15 years), the ENTJ finds someone they will marry. This marriage is nothing but a contract, of course, with the money and fame the ENTJ has or will have exchanged for absolute compliance and a promise to not endanger any of the plans, even if this means repressing oneself.

Phase 2 consists of building up a network of people that can usher them into positions of power and during Phase 3 they unleash all the pent-up stuff they’ve been hiding and eventually they get caught snorting coke off a prostitute’s Prince Albert, dressed like Eva Braun, reciting Atlas Shrugged. (At least one of those things should offend you.)"