Votes: 5 13.9%
  • C, inevitable joke answer: Xylophone

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • D, use their unlimited power to edit this poll. Xx, Lady Palpatine

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
729adb3de57f6a554c9920b5f0e18c50.jpg

Yes.

Having dated both types, I confirm this.

Ren, let me give a confession of my own then. It's nice to be around NFs cause it's a welcome break from all the competence driven competitiveness.

I don't have to strife to be the best around NFs. I already am. :tearsofjoy:

Hehe, I understand. Do you not feel this is more a trait of NTJs, though?

What was it like dating an ENTJ?

I never dated an ENTJ but I did go on a date with one, once.

I remember my humour being lost on her a little bit. She didn't overly enjoy being joshed and probably pegged me as an eccentric.

What was it like dating an ENTJ?

It was very nice. Very low maintenance, and grounded. I felt like I can pursue my ambition without having to worry about our relationship. He admired my work ethic which was hot because I take pride in it. We did not take each other for granted necessarily, we just felt secure with one another and knew that our absence didn't translate to us being distant from one another. He was charismatic, attractive, and just overall in control of himself. Very driven with great ambitions. I wanted to follow his lead most of the time and yield to him when he made a demand. I also liked that he let me take the lead when I wanted to because he trusted my judgement. He was serious whereas I can be silly. Ironically, the reason it ended was because our careers pulled us in different directions. He had to relocate quite far for me to follow and we didn't want to hold each other back - that would have resulted in resentment surely. Also, at the age we were when we dated we weren't ready to make that kind of commitment, although I am sure we both would have been capable of it.

I am curious about other NTs dating history.

Mine:

ENTP (My first): 9 months or a year can't remember, he was such a player, very unhealthy, emotionally abusive, pulled me in a million different directions. The worst ever.
INTP: maybe 3 months ish, mind connection was there but it lacked emotional intimacy.
ENTJ: 6 months or more, quite balanced, comfortable, unchallenging, fit like a glove. My marriage aside, this was the best one.
ENTP: 3 months, hot and wild, too chaotic, emotional intimacy was absent.
ISFP: 1 week, I dunno wtf I was thinking. I think I crushed him. I think he hates me too.
ENTP: 4 months, hot at first, died off quick, was a player and ended up cheating.
ESTJ: 5 years, my husband and father of my child, hot, secure, occasional bickering, the fights are intense, so much personal growth for both of us, he is so much like me and so much unlike me at the same time. The initial Si and Ni clash is intense, but once ironed out, the compatibility is there.

It was very nice. Very low maintenance, and grounded. I felt like I can pursue my ambition without having to worry about our relationship. He admired my work ethic which was hot because I take pride in it. We did not take each other for granted necessarily, we just felt secure with one another and knew that our absence didn't translate to us being distant from one another. He was charismatic, attractive, and just overall in control of himself. Very driven with great ambitions. I wanted to follow his lead most of the time and yield to him when he made a demand. I also liked that he let me take the lead when I wanted to because he trusted my judgement. He was serious whereas I can be silly. Ironically, the reason it ended was because our careers pulled us in different directions. He had to relocate quite far for me to follow and we didn't want to hold each other back - that would have resulted in resentment surely. Also, at the age we were when we dated we weren't ready to make that kind of commitment, although I am sure we both would have been capable of it.

I am curious about other NTs dating history.

Mine:

ENTP (My first): 9 months or a year can't remember, he was such a player, very unhealthy, emotionally abusive, pulled me in a million different directions. The worst ever.
INTP: maybe 3 months ish, mind connection was there but it lacked emotional intimacy.
ENTJ: 6 months or more, quite balanced, comfortable, unchallenging, fit like a glove. My marriage aside, this was the best one.
ENTP: 3 months, hot and wild, too chaotic, emotional intimacy was absent.
ISFP: 1 week, I dunno wtf I was thinking. I think I crushed him. I think he hates me too.
ENTP: 4 months, hot at first, died off quick, was a player and ended up cheating.
ESTJ: 5 years, my husband and father of my child, hot, secure, occasional bickering, the fights are intense, so much personal growth for both of us, he is so much like me and so much unlike me at the same time. The initial Si and Ni clash is intense, but once ironed out, the compatibility is there.

Super interesting. I might take that up even though I'm not NT.

Just need to figure out first if I'm comfortable enough to cover all my previous relationships.

Odyne where are the feelers in your list?! Are you that tough? :wink:

Odyne where are the feelers in your list?! Are you that tough? :wink:

Haha, I had one in that list! ISFP.

I am. I allow an inside view of my thoughts and emotions here on the forum, but in real life I am kind of aloof and cold at first and that doesn't attract a lot of feelers lol

Haha, I had one in that list! ISFP.

With a remarkably short lifespan, yes.

I am. I allow an inside view of my thoughts and emotions here on the forum, but in real life I am kind of aloof and cold at first and that doesn't attract a lot of feelers lol

There is (possibly maybe, don't mean to jinx anything) a chance I might be asking out an INTJ woman soon, irl that is. Anything I should know? Quelques petits conseils?

There is (possibly maybe, don't mean to jinx anything) a chance I might be asking out an INTJ woman soon, irl that is. Anything I should know? Quelques petits conseils?

Oui! Be your nerdy self, engage her, do not try to outsmart her. You're hanging out, not competing. And if you see, she's having a good time, then you can ask her about herself. No deeply emotional questions, more along the lines of likes, dislikes, interests in life, hobbies and what she enjoys.

As you steadily date, the emotions will slowly trickle by themselves.

Bonne chance! Guarde-moi au courant! ( :

Oui! Be your nerdy self, engage her, do not try to outsmart her. You're hanging out, not competing. And if you see, she's having a good time, then you can ask her about herself. No deeply emotional questions, more along the lines of likes, dislikes, interests in life, hobbies and what she enjoys.

As you steadily date, the emotions will slowly trickle by themselves.

Bonne chance! Guarde-moi au courant! ( :

Very useful, thanks Odyne.

Je te tiens au courant ;)

Do what? Divulge the trade secret? : P
'fraid I can't because it caught me just at the right moment to be extremely funny. Like mouthfull of beer, thinking about something deep - sudden counterpoint .... ;) Strange how humour can be so sensitive to the moment.

'fraid I can't because it caught me just at the right moment to be extremely funny. Like mouthfull of beer, thinking about something deep - sudden counterpoint .... ;) Strange how humour can be so sensitive to the moment.
We have a word for this: Situationskomik :D

I never dated an ENTJ but I did go on a date with one, once.

I remember my humour being lost on her a little bit. She didn't overly enjoy being joshed and probably pegged me as an eccentric.
I've been on a few dates with some "foo-foo feelers", all were strange.