Rampant Fallacies that are Damaging Society | INFJ Forum

Rampant Fallacies that are Damaging Society

Quinlan

Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
  • If I think/feel in a certain way about something, then everyone else should feel that way too
  • My perspective is objective truth
  • Money/Fame = Happiness
  • Beauty can be bought and sold
  • Cynicism is cool/normal
There are heaps more out there! Help me out... :mD:

Violence is the means to achieve peace.

My religion is the only true religion.

Knowledge isn't accumulated.

You don't know what I know.

My form of government should be your form of government.

What I do is more important than what you do because I have a better title.

I haven't really thought about this, but I already know the answer.

I don't know what you think, therefore I'll assume you don't think.

I don't understand you, therefore you should understand me.

I don't need to change.

I'm pretty attractive and that's all that matters.

I have a lot of money, so you should want to be me too.

I have a lot of experience, therefore I'm better than you.

I'm young and precocious, therefore you must respect me.

I'm frustrated, so I deserve to bitch.

I'm angry, resentful, fearful and have no choice in the matter.

I don't like those types...

Those types are all the same.

Yes! Great ones.

I don't like those types...

Those types are all the same.

People do this even worse when they don't understand type, they think people that think or communicate differently are "crazy".

Yes! Great ones.

People do this even worse when they don't understand type, they think people that think or communicate differently are "crazy".

True. We all have a different experience with our own truth, but what works for one may not fit with the other.

Human beings can be bought and sold

We need more military

If we downsize, we can let one person do the work of five

*watch, rapt*

I used to think of myself as quick-witted. You guys really show me my true speed which is slower.

Comparing yourself to others is ultimately useful

Yes. And it also makes me question that 2nd glass of wine.

I'm only on my first glass and I still can't keep up with the Enlightened Wrong Answer thread

LOL, I started to type in the Enlightened Wrong thread again, but always feel like granny in the recliner, answering questions asked last year at the family reunion.

Spent waaaay too long musing on poly-ticks.

It doesn't matter what is happening in Tibet.

War is war. It happens.

Collateral damage also happens in war.

If I ignore you, it's because I'm trying to make you feel bad. (huh. lol. oh, f*#k it.) :ml:

If I put you down, you won't look for another guy. (old tactic of dates, who never got very far ! ! ! lol)

yeah, i'm slowing down too.

The one that pisses me off most is the slippery slope fallacy evoked about gay marriage.

"If we legalize gay marriage, then we are going to end up having to legalize polygamy, incest, and bestiality."

Never mind that they can't explain how gay marriage has anything to do with polygamy, incest, or bestiality. What drives me up the wall is that they are ignoring that gay marriage has been legal in some countries for years now and none of them have legalized polygamy, incest, or bestiality.

"If we legalize gay marriage, then we are going to end up having to legalize polygamy, incest, and bestiality."

...but it's such an obvious cause and effect ! ! ! ! lol.

So, ummmm...essentially if I let "them" live with equal freedoms, than certainly I will probably implode.

For all intents and purposes, that is possible for a vast majority of the populas.

I say, tough love, time to change.

I continue to be utterly mystified by the comparison between gay marriage and polygamy... and frankly HORRIFIED and disgusted by the comparison to incest, and bestiality!! WHAT is the logic - because I see not a shred! - in making a comparison between a consensual, committed, monogamous relationship (regardless of gender) and acts like incest which is (more often than not by a huge margin, I believe) non-consensual and bestiality which is utterly non-consensual!!

I continue to be utterly mystified by the comparison between gay marriage and polygamy... and frankly HORRIFIED and disgusted by the comparison to incest, and bestiality!! WHAT is the logic - because I see not a shred! - in making a comparison between a consensual, committed, monogamous relationship (regardless of gender) and acts like incest which is (more often than not by a huge margin, I believe) non-consensual and bestiality which is utterly non-consensual!!

Well put. I couldn't have said that better myself. No, really, I couldn't have said that better myself.

This should be mandatory reading thread upon entrance.

• Children should be defined by their failures (one F) rather than their successes (five A's).

Life is not meant to be easy but take courage child, for it can be delightful

Noone remembers the second part...

• Women have to be rail thin to feel good about themselves and the way they look.

• You are entitled to everything that is handed to you
  • All wrong doings against you must be rectified, all wrong doings in your favor will be overlooked