*Radiation reaches USA* | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

*Radiation reaches USA*

I am not trolling, I'm expressing my opinion and won't take it anywhere else other where it is relevant, that place being this thread.

Yes, this is a serious concern, but not so much for the US. Have there been any official announcements by the government, and related institutions that the radiation has reached the US? What about whether it's dangerous to humans and the environment? Rest assured, in any event that warrants it the government will prescribe and apply preventive measures.

Media is not at all a reliable source of information.

Reactions: DoveAlexa
How well would the US government perform?

How did they get on in New Orleans?

I am not trolling, I'm expressing my opinion and won't take it anywhere else other where it is relevant, that place being this thread.

Yes, this is a serious concern, but not so much for the US. Have there been any official announcements by the government, and related institutions that the radiation has reached the US? What about whether it's dangerous to humans and the environment? Rest assured, in any event that warrants it the government will prescribe and apply preventive measures.

Media is not at all a reliable source of information.

Your opinion = REST ASSURED the government has everything under control

Sorry but this is just naive.

If you can share some information instead of your opinion, that'd be truly appreciated.

Your opinion = REST ASSURED the government has everything under control

Sorry but this is just naive.

If you can share some information instead of your opinion, that'd be truly appreciated.

I did. Twice. and no, it's not naive, it's reasonable.

Reactions: Oranguh and aeon
Myself, you know who I'd have to agree with on this one - so on behalf of Peppermint (and me):

definitelynottrollingby.jpg

Reactions: Oranguh
Well... If people are freaking over the fact that there might possibly be higher levels of radiation in CA, then I wonder how they're feeling over there in Hawaii. Surely they must have got some radiation there as well.

We haven't heard a single thing here in Vancouver about radiation levels and we're not THAT far away from California.

ewww

2 trolls in my radiation awareness thread

are you paid by the govt or do you do this for free?

show me some info to contradict the news I'm sharing, and this will all be settled

I rarely ever see the media telling the full story

it's important to look at the big picture

radiation travels around the globe
wind/jet stream carries over from Japan, east to west
traveling over the ocean
and ending up somewhere

this is really happening

ppl are so blind

omg

[MENTION=1834]sandra_b[/MENTION] all the jet stream footage i've seen passes just over the top of hawaii

the melt down could occur for many days, weeks, months :eek:

so maybe a trip to hawaii would be good about now

Well... If people are freaking over the fact that there might possibly be higher levels of radiation in CA, then I wonder how they're feeling over there in Hawaii. Surely they must have got some radiation there as well.

We haven't heard a single thing here in Vancouver about radiation levels and we're not THAT far away from California.

Hawaii is actually fairly safe considering particulate follow the wind currents

North_Pacific_Subtropical_Convergence_Zone.jpg

if radation is here, it's at a level far too below what would even be considered even slightly dangerous.

conclusion: We're fine. Japan may be different, but the US is fine. I am basing this off the scientific fact of radiation dosage and the resulting effects from this. If there were a problem, we would know by seeing what is happening to us and those around us. Myself if you are seriously that concerned, get a geiger counter and moniter the radiation levels on your own.

I solve this by not watching American news. I find that they tend to either get over dramatic or skim over the details. The american media is generally not where I'd like to get my information from.

I felt such anxiety over this radiation issue over the last few days but I figure if I am going to get radiated to death then so be it.

Reactions: deivejek2|9
We are exposed to radiation on a regular basis. Nobody ever said it was not coming our way.The predicted levels however are clearly being exaggerated.

Fear mongering rears its ugly head all the time, as my general observation. One person or a few people blowing things up to make them seem ultra serious when the matter will have turned out to be nothing at all. I have to trust my gut, or avoid being myself. And I'm sick of self-doubting and questioning.

So I simply must choose to not get too worried about it unless it genuinely strikes me as something that I am worried about - not something "that I should be worried about but I'm not". I suppose I err more on the side of making the choice to live my life contently than to fret and escape from death... and I get more into alignment with that every week. I don't think I'm going to do anything about this unless it hits my radar to a higher degree - and it isn't currently. Doing something about it is the essential nature of it all. If my choices are to stay here and worry or to stay here and not worry, I'm doing the latter. Just as if my choice was to move and worry or move and not worry, I'd take the latter more than likely. The action is the main difference, as I see it.

On that note, and I'm not trying to be too much of a jackass. Rather, illustrate my point. Are you currently scheduling to get some Iodide pills or move across the country to somewhere with less radiation, or neither?

Here are some facts about potassium iodine pills: they only block radiation exposure from one elemental isotope: Iodine-131.

The primary mode of absorbtion from this isotope is from consumption of food that has been contaminated with this. The KI simply acts as a competing absorbtion source. By flooding the body with iodine, the probabillity of uptaken iodine-131 goes down. Thus reducing effects by the incorperation of iodine into long term hormones such as thyroxine.

The fact of the matter is, KI pills are really only good at preventing absorption of something that takes (weeks or so of) time to make it's way into the food chain. The most common source of this is milk. Taking a KI pill is going to do little in ways of prevention of acute exposure. It's really a "comfort pill" more then anything. Further, too much potassium or iodine in the body actually causes some pretty serious problems with metabolism, so it can cause a good level of harm if too much is used.

The only way you can really "hide" from radation, is to be physically as far away as possible. 3000 something miles is pretty darn far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arsal
Here is some facts, Indigo? Really?

oh shush. I'll fix it :becky:

increased radiation levels every now and then... aint going to be very noticeable
we can handle it, we are resilient

but if this jet stream keeps on blowing nuke juice in our faces, it isn't exactly a good thing
http://my.firedoglake.com/kirkmurphy/tag/mox/

no matter what, I don't endorse panic

death is just a part of life and the cycle goes on

perhaps the radiation doesnt have to harm us, if we could figure out some sort of hack : /

i hear rosemary is good, and bee pollen.
http://www.gdr.org/beepollenspirulina.htm
http://www.naturalnews.com/026079_rosemary_cancer_health.html
http://www.schizophrenia-info.info/healing 4 head 2 toe/radiation_&_nuclear_fallout.htm

DIY geiger counter :D
http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p938.htm

ewww

2 trolls in my radiation awareness thread

are you paid by the govt or do you do this for free?

show me some info to contradict the news I'm sharing, and this will all be settled

I rarely ever see the media telling the full story

it's important to look at the big picture

radiation travels around the globe
wind/jet stream carries over from Japan, east to west
traveling over the ocean
and ending up somewhere

this is really happening

ppl are so blind

omg

[MENTION=1834]sandra_b[/MENTION] all the jet stream footage i've seen passes just over the top of hawaii

the melt down could occur for many days, weeks, months :eek:

so maybe a trip to hawaii would be good about now

The fact of the matter is... CHERNOBYL blew the fuck up. The reactor blew up, not support infrastructure the fucking reactor blew the whole damn thing apart. It didn't have a containment container.
here's a pic:
Chernobyl_burning-aerial_view_of_core.jpg

That's the core, it's exposed and on fire. Specifically the graphite control rods were on fire creating particulate plume much faster and larger than just it being open to the world.

Currently the daiichi plant has the cores in a containment buildings and although the integrity of #3&4 may be suspect and haven't been verified but as long as they are stable you WILL NOT see the issues that arose with chernobyl. SIMPLE AS THAT.

AS far as the fearmonger from VT. I watched the video and he gave the absolute worst case scenario... which is true this situation has the capacity to be far worse than chernobyl simply because the area just to a 9.0 eathequake and tsunami and shit is getting throw together as fast as they can muster in any way shape or form... that said they are doing everything possible. The hope being that the worst case scenario will not occur.

I would implore you find information from people there if not you're fear mongering and you obviously don't know beyond 'radiation is bad' what is considered bad and tolerable. You said it yourself and yet you get upset when those who have some sort of knowledge in the area say it's not bad you freak out and say every one is blind...

Last edited:
We're going to be in some big trouble if it rains.