*Radiation reaches USA* | INFJ Forum

*Radiation reaches USA*

Some one get me my tin foil hat, duct tape and plastic sheeting :behindsofa:

guess who lives on the other side of the country

iluminati? ok then I don't buy this.

I'll believe it when he shows a geiger counter. Further, rads are no longer even relevent for radation dosage. Even then microrads is EXTREMELY small. Close to what background radation is. Radation also doesn't "Sit" in clouds. It's going to dilute into the ocean.

Reactions: Neuropedia
I should also rephrase what I said earlier. It seems that everything they are showing about the survivors/victims/relief efforts/resource shortages on the American stations, at least, is much milder than what we are seeing here. But everything on American stations that they are showing about the nuclear situation is MUCH more overblown than what we are seeing here. They are talking to nuclear physicists on TV and they are saying that even in the worst case scenario, which is extremely unlikely, nothing seriously dangerous to human health will happen.

The whole nuclear situation is obviously a concern but the experts are assuring people that even in the highly highly unlikely worst case scenario people will not be exposed to harmful doses of radiation. I really don't think that is just the government trying to keep people from panicking either. They are giving very good explanations of the science behind the reactors and are able to back everything up they say with sound explanations from nuclear physicists around the world. So it is very frustrating to see so many media outlets focusing so much on that. Almost as if they are most concerned for their own safety rather than the massive humanitarian crisis that is happening here.
Posted by an individual currently residing in Japan.

I'm craving sushi, well shit.

Yeah, regardless of whether or not there's radiation I'm staying inside hiding from the sun.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/16/japan.nuclear.reactors/index.html?hpt=T1

All majors news sources in the country(MSNBC,CNN,FOX) have described the situation as extremely "worrying", with "high levels" of radiation. Its the media of course, and it can all be just hyperbole.

I just hate how vague the reporting has been.

I've read the same in a shitty newspaper here in Serbia... I mean geez, it seems like they are intentionally trying to make people paranoid.

Interesting. Judging by a lot of comments on this video, people seem to have a whole bunch to say about this, ranging from I BELIEVE YOU, to.

wow this guy is a fucking fear monger. fuck off

For the record since many people seem to be over focusing on what is happening in the US. We are not going to be affected nearly at all (in particular in the long-term). This incident will stay constrained to that part of the world. The absolute worst case would be that akin to what happened in chernobyl. That would be bad enough to affect tokyo. Even then though, chernobyl did not "Destroy" the world. Radation is absolutely a dangerous thing, but most don't understand the science behind it and are sensationalizing the whole thing.

I've read the same in a shitty newspaper here in Serbia... I mean geez, it seems like they are intentionally trying to make people paranoid.

Yeah the media sadly tends to take advantages of this sort of catastrophes. As if the tsunami and earthquake weren't enough, they need an excuse to keep news stories coming. In the end, it simply helps them.

Um, does no one remember the US dropping 2 atomic bombs on japan awhile back? >_> That sure as hell generated a lot more radiation and no one in the US was noticeably effected to my knowledge.

Reactions: bamf
For the record since many people seem to be over focusing on what is happening in the US. We are not going to be affected nearly at all (in particular in the long-term). This incident will stay constrained to that part of the world. The absolute worst case would be that akin to what happened in chernobyl. That would be bad enough to affect tokyo. Even then though, chernobyl did not "Destroy" the world. Radation is absolutely a dangerous thing, but most don't understand the science behind it and are sensationalizing the whole thing.

Why so quick to judge a source just because they mention illuminati?

I'm not so inclined to believe that you really know what you are talking about...

This could be worse than Chernobyl for all we know.

I know that radiation is not good.

Geiger counters are showing high levels in Bakersfield, California.
http://www.blackcatsystems.com/RadMap/map.html

here's another vid, without mention of illuminati
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnZEWCKla1A&feature=feedlik"]YouTube - RADIATION ALERT!!! FIRST WAVE OF RADIATION HIT CALIFORNIA 3/16/2011[/ame]

Reactions: IndigoSensor
This could be worse than Chernobyl for all we know.
Not really, the Japanese are dealing with the situation competently, but there is a general shortage of confirmed accurate information in the western media. There is no reason to take these Youtube videos seriously, they are not official or done by experts, but the poster seems rather panicked and eager and to spread the news, while citing as one of the sources a page that has this disclaimer: "Note that these are generally run by individuals, and not all readings may be accurate. Do not panic because you see a high reading. Someone could be testing something."

Japanese authorities told the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that radiation levels at the plant site between units 3 and 4 reached a peak of some 400 millisieverts per hour. "This is a high dose-level value," said the body, "but it is a local value at a single location and at a certain point in time."

Later readings were 11.9 millisieverts per hour, followed six hours later by 0.6 millisieverts, which the IAEA said "indicate the level of radioactivity has been decreasing."

Almost all people living within 20 kilometres of the plant have already been evacuated and supplied with potassium-iodide pills that will protect them effectively against the effects of iodine-131 that could conceivably be emitted in the future. The pills saturate the thyroid gland and prevent the radioactive iodine-131 from being absorbed, dramatically reducing the risk of thyroid cancers, which are the major potential health effect from the possible progression of the accident.

The IAEA said 150 people from around the site have been monitored. The results of some people have been reported and 23 have undergone decontamination.
http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/

I will echo peppermints sentiments in say for this to be worse we would have to see catastrophic failure of all safety protocols and resultant of that the explosion of multiple reactors...

the Japanese are dealing with the situation competently

people in gov't will underestimate and downplay the damage...

the current plan of dropping water from helicopters is pretty desperate, but it seems to be the best we humans can do atm.

folks, lets not stick our heads in the sand.

i'm not endorsing widespread panic, just to be aware and take precautions.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJNZ9LJjTx0"]YouTube - Fukushima nuke crisis is Chernobyl on steroids[/ame]

"Chernobyl on steroids" lol sure. I don't believe a media who uses silly and exaggerating titles like this. People in the US can take precautions if the feel they will be necessary, but if you're really concerned with making a sensible point, cite some real facts that support your concerns, not tabloid fodder.

Reactions: Kavalan
I think they should get all the pro nuclear people who like to tell us that nuclear power is 'clean' and give them a bunch of potassium iodide tablets and then send them in there to clean it up

Last edited:
Reactions: just me