Questioning your type lately? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Questioning your type lately?

So, almost everyone at some point seems to question their type. Have you been questioning your type lately, or have you always questioned your type? Why?

If you know what the functions and types really are, and know yourself enough, even if you question your type you should get an accurate answer to that question as long as you haven't messed up too badly.

I took two official MBTI tests, one when I was 22 and the other when I was 25. I tested INTJ both times, but T/F and P/J were both borderline. However, as I passed through the second half of my twenties, I became much more stable and comfortable with myself, and when I took some on-line tests, I test as INFJ 100% of the time. The descriptions also fit me better than INTJ.

However, now that I know I am INFJ, I feel confused when I start using functions other than what they tell me I normally use, Ni/Fe/Ti/Se. Now that I can recognize them, I am more confused, which may be why so many people find themselves questioning their type.

Anyhow, some days I feel INFP, some days INTJ, some days I feel like a super extravert (but those days usually end in me suddenly withdrawing into a book or solitary project). I guess MBTI can only explain a small fraction of what human beings are really made up of.