Professions you'd want to try | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Professions you'd want to try

- Photojournalist: the ability to travel and document the rest of the world (in order to share it with people who otherwise would be left in the dark) would be amazing.
- Virologist: I love diseases and viruses are my favorite type of disease--studying them would be mind-blowing (except for the part about going to medical school first).
- Professional musician (symphony orchestra style): being the instrument through which other people can experience that same emotional enjoyment of music that I do would be incredibly fulfilling.
- Profound novelist: leaving a mark, entertaining, and forcing the reader to think more deeply about certain things--sounds great.
- Spy: just because I have always wanted to be one. :p

-rocket scientists

just so I can say it

Given the declining state of the economy/science/education/environment/foreign policy, etc, I'm occasionally feeling like I may ~have~ to run for office in an effort to staunch the wounds. Given the corrupt nature of elections/mass-media, odds are slim, though

Neurologist

Author

Counsellor

Lecturer (university)

Engineer

super hero
super villian
mad scientist
assassin
ninja
monk
shoe maker
tailor
acrobat
warrior
mage
cleric
thief
ranger
professional poker player
gladiator

I love this list! Although he forgot Tinker. Dream a dream and make it big--and here I thought corndogman was so staid.

I love this list! Although he forgot Tinker. Dream a dream and make it big--and here I thought corndogman was so staid.

I am disappointed that I project such a poor first impression :(

Human sacrifice.

Archaeologist!
Librarian
Musician
Writer
Brewer
Genealogist

Reactions: jyrffw54
-rocket scientists

just so I can say it

I'm actually studying physics and engineering, so maybe I really could O.O

-musician: folk, jazz, or rock
-photographer/photojournalist
-volunteer (children's shelter or something)
-theoretical physicist (or mathematician)
-linguistic anthropologist
-artist
-bicycling mail deliverer
-newspaper columnist= advice or obtuse columns
-packaging designs
-writing music for commercials
-marketing (deciding who to sell to and how to sell it)
-travelling novelist

:)

Assassin (getting paid and revered to be isolated and sociopathic is a dream come true)
Criminologist (I like understanding how broken minds function)
Neuroscientist (I like understanding how minds function in general)
Experimental Musician (N music is better than S music)
Crematorium Technician (talk about a conversation piece)
Quantum Physicist (normal reality breaks down at this level and the possibilities seem endless)
Cosmologist (a little more philosophical than Quantum Physicist)

Geneticist: Heredity is actually a big hobby of mine
Singer: I like to sing and am quite good at it
Archeologist: I like discovering new things about people of the past and I like digging
Cosmetologist: I like doing other people's make-up
Fashion Designer: I like drawing..especially outfits, and I like fashion

Assassin (getting paid and revered to be isolated and sociopathic is a dream come true)
Criminologist (I like understanding how broken minds function)
Neuroscientist (I like understanding how minds function in general)
Experimental Musician (N music is better than S music)
Crematorium Technician (talk about a conversation piece)
Quantum Physicist (normal reality breaks down at this level and the possibilities seem endless)
Cosmologist (a little more philosophical than Quantum Physicist)

For a second there I thought that it said cosmetologist...I was almost impressed you were in touch with your feminine side!

For a second there I thought that it said cosmetologist...I was almost impressed you were in touch with your feminine side!

I'm definitely in touch with it, I just don't want to make a career out of it. : )

I almost started a new thread. Almost.

I've been reevaluating.

Game designer - This'll happen within the next five years. It's happening now.
Fiction writer - In line with the previous. More independent (ideally) and thus more attractive.
Paleontologist - Investigating species and events for which there are no written records. Just my game. Focus on the North and South American paleolithic.
Anthropologist - Similar, more social. Focus on the nineteenth century.
Contract killer - End of the line.
Local fruit and vegetable vendor - Something mellow, for later.

Edit: Private investigator - If I can improve my objectivity.

Last edited:
Reactions: barbad0s
[MENTION=4726]Vict[/MENTION] I almost started a new thread. Almost.

I've been reevaluating.

If I had a license to kill and didn't have to worry about jail time...:m197:

Today I saw a car with a decal on the back, advertising some guy's catsitting business...

I've been reevaluating.

If I had a license to kill and didn't have to worry about jail time...:m197:

Hahaha, I had the same thought.

More realistically though, I think I'd want to be a clinical psychologist or therapist...if only the money were better and didn't require a Ph.D to do anything significant in the field.

My main career path of interest would be in the field of psychology. I'm working in forensic psychology right now, but ultimately I'd like to pursue a career in either clinical or counseling. In short, it's compatible with my natural strengths.

An alternate career path that I've contemplated was as a personal trainer. I think my my academic potential (and related financial prospects) steers me towards more cerebral pursuits, but as someone with an interest/investment in fitness, I would be intrigued to incorporate that into an employment setting. Less educational requirements and stress too!

Personal trainers intrigue me. I believe it's their influence on the physical development of another person. A control thing.

Their knowledge of the human body's capabilities is a plus (assuming they're accredited).

Reactions: barbad0s