Professions you'd want to try | INFJ Forum

Professions you'd want to try

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What are some professions you'd want to try? Why?

I'm curious about work performed by police detectives and criminal psychologists or profilers. The analytical aspects of study, investigations, and profiling are interesting.

Counseling Psychologist
-Isn't this a given of our type?

Naturopathic Doctor
-I actually plan on becoming one. Using natural, less invasive remedies to holistically heal people physically and mentally. Preventative medicine focus. Gentle practices ... *sigh* It just ... frankly, fits my mentality toward wanting to heal people so well ...

I'd like to try working in a buddhist temple, being a thief or conman for a living, teaching a class, or being a psychologist.

:m171:

Oh! And reasons why?

Monk - Curiousity how it is to be surrounded by spiritual people who aren't the fanatical by-the-book-because-god-says-so christians... more people who are just chill and spiritual.

Theif / Conman - Curiousity as to how easy it would be, how it would feel, how good I would be at it, and if I'd get a rush.

Teacher - Always liked finding ways to present things, this might be fun. Learning how people learn would be interesting too.

Psychologist - Learning how people work, discriminating the fall of the psychological apple. Ooooo...

Last edited:
Reactions: TinyBubbles
are we taking into account talent or just interest?

On account of interests:

Any Dr. or form of therapy

The person who picks out music for movies

Musician

Entreprenuer

Make-up Artist

- Crown Attorney / Prosecutor
- Judge
- Law Professor
- Court Appraiser
- Auctioneer
- Criminal Profiler / Forensic Psychologist
- Criminal Psychiatrist
- Neurologist
- Documentary Journalist
- Writer

I'm nuts, I know :)

I'd love to be a professional starving artist

As opposed to the moderately satiated amateur artist that I am :p

Also would love to be an archeologist for a day. Teacher would be fun, too.

I'd love to be a professional starving artist

As opposed to the moderately satiated amateur artist that I am :p

Also would love to be an archeologist for a day. Teacher would be fun, too.

Oooh! Archeologist would be fun... Bonus if I were Indiana Jones :)

cook/chef
architect
filmmaking
something that is involved with developing new technology
linguist

Archaeology..or paleontology

Because I like artifacts and hunting for them...

I've also been on digs (for fossils) and loved it.. was thrilling.
I have this thing about constantly searching for interesting forgotten things..
I can spend all day at the beach digging for fossils or old lost jewelry or broken china or sea glass..

Entomologist
Herpetologist
Marine Biologist
Concept artist
Chef (also Pastry Chef)
Field Researcher
Veterinarian
Nature/Wildlife Photographer
Archeologist
Novelist
Musician
Film Director

Also something I just thought of...Swim Instructor (Just because it makes me sad when people don't know how to swim or are afraid of water. And I would swim all day long if I could.)
Audio Engineer
Paralegal/Lawyer
Astrologist

Last edited:
  • Church Minister (Music Minister)
  • Missionary Worker
  • Philosopher
  • Dietitian
  • Professional Graphic Novelist and illustrator
  • Actress
  • Professional Fighter
  • Animation and Film Director (Ultimate dream job)

are we taking into account talent or just interest?

Either is fine.

- Crown Attorney / Prosecutor
- Judge
- Law Professor
- Court Appraiser
- Auctioneer
- Criminal Profiler / Forensic Psychologist
- Criminal Psychiatrist
- Neurologist
- Documentary Journalist
- Writer

I'm nuts, I know :)

Yeah, neuroscience is an interesting field. Would love to learn more.

And what do you play, miss Neptune?
The only thing I currently play, and not very well, is acoustic guitar.

But I am very interested in music and find a great many instruments to be just amazing. I really would love to be able to learn ALL of them!! But if I had to choose just a few...harp, piano, cello, mandolin, and synthesizer.

almost any field in brainstorming or creative problem solving as long as the technical knowledge is there to work with.

Been looking at theology (Christian, but a close friend is Buddhist, makes for very interesting conversations) and possibly Librarian (preparing to take the GRE exam).

What ever the career path, it has to do with assisting people help themselves and making their life better. On the technical aspects I have degrees in Mechanical design and Business Management and found that world boring and unengaging especially if it didnt meet their bottom lines. Having worked as a Child Protective Services Investigator, I loved the idea of the job, but found the reality of taking kids out of meth homes irritating. What I did realize is that I found myself thinking for hours...usually 18 hours a day about cases, not real healthy. So seeking a position that would be in a positive direction would be a must.

Some sort of musicion, in most time I can imagine myself playing guitar and singing:)
psychology therapist

I'd like to try working on a fishing vessel or an intercontinental cargo ship.

I'd like to try working on a fishing vessel or an intercontinental cargo ship.

First mated a few years and loved it on a sportfisherman. Had the hours for Captains license but never took the test; enjoyed being down where the action was.

I'd love to work at CENTCOM during times of trouble; NASA during times of peace would be cool. Counterintelligence would be fulfilling. Ah, but time has all but passed me by....cannot complain.