Pro-life or Pro-choice? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Pro-life or Pro-choice?

So, the question says it all. Why you support one of the two and why? And what is solution according to you

I see this a current event for about 3 months ago maybe. I have followed the debate of it in social media by political figures and commentators.

I believe a good choice come from a sounding argument at least in my opinion. I definitely am all for women safety and rights for their choice. It's something women has kept fighting since centuries ago.

Now, that brings me further to dig on how that started. A baby or let's say fetus could be compared to a person who's in a coma. Both are literally not living like normal people doing daily activities.

A baby is certainly a part of family, so let's say the coma person is also family.
If this person has a chance to live let's say after nine months, what will you do for this family member?

A person who's in coma for months could potentially need to restart living from zero point. Unless, the family member has already fixed position in the dynamic. The person after coma can continue their life as who they were before as it is already a fixed place by thanks for the family.

The choice about what to do with a baby or in this case the person in coma, is that it could happen in any settings. The person in coma could be anyone your wife, your children, your friends, your teachers.

One thing I'm definitely pro-choice is when there are two lifes at risk. Under circumstance that no other party was playing a threat. It's like quiz of 'your loved ones are drowning in the sea. Will you save your father or boyfriend?'

Oh gosh Misty you have really been tried and tested. You must feel all the more love for your surviving children. But how strong you are!
:<3::hug:

Our loss was too early for my wife to have felt any movement- it must be a lot worse at a later stage when you have felt the baby moving. My wife haemorrhaged badly though and we nearly lost her. She had to be rushed for emergency surgery.

Our second son was born 2 years later - he came a month early and had pneumonia because of stiff lungs but they sorted him out ok. Awkward so and so ever since - he was supposed to arrive end Jan but turned up on 22 Dec just before Chistmas. For years we had 3 family birthdays within 10 days of Christmas and another on Boxing Day, but there’s only me and my son now my gran and mother in law are no longer with us.

I can see why life is so precious to you. Did you find your faith helped you through these trials? Of course from the outside it can look like Christianity is just an artificial crutch to lean on, but it isn’t like that on the inside. I’m never left to struggle on my own - it’s a close relationship with someone who loves me. The ‘beliefs’ are really secondary to that.
That last paragraph, in full agreement, John. And more *hugs* for you, sir.. :hug:

Yes, my faith kept me alive. The pain would have crushed me otherwise. They say he is the ultimate healer, and that's true. I'm glad you didn't have to feel alone in your loss either, John. And am very glad your wife & son made it! :) I too had dangerous complications after the last two deaths so I know how terrified you must have been.. your wife & new son in danger.

Xmas bdays eh? Ha! My daughter is born Dec 14th. It is weird to try to juggle birthdays at xmas time lol. Feels like your buying excess gifts somehow, doesn't it? :grin::tonguewink:

My oldest, bestest childhood friend was told by a few doctors that he'd not be able to have children. His girlfriend got pregnant and later it was determined the child would be severely handicapped. My friend was so excited to finally be having a child. His girlfriend didn't like that their child would be mentally handicapped so she suggested an abortion. My friend fought her and fought her on the issue. He begged her. He would've raised his miracle baby by himself if he had to. She aborted the pregnancy anyway. When my friend found out about the abortion, he blew his brains out...
I remember that. So sad.. Pitiful. ❤❤❤

@John K and @Misty i am sorry for your loss guys... You are strong people. A lot of hugs to both of you :hug::hug: <3 <3
Many thanks Dado. It was a long time ago now for me - my sons are 35 and 40 now - but I still feel sad sometimes. Our experience is nothing compared with @Misty’s. I appreciate your views on abortion as well as Misty’s - I have the same perspective myself. Where I have sympathy with @acd is on how far it should be controlled through legislation. I don’t have a fully thought out view on that, but it seems obvious that the law should lie along the grain of popular consensus as a default. To make it otherwise will just lead to desperate people being pushed into the hands of illegal abortion rogues and put their health and lives at risk. A properly functioning democracy should be able to respond appropriately.

My oldest, bestest childhood friend was told by a few doctors that he'd not be able to have children. His girlfriend got pregnant and later it was determined the child would be severely handicapped. My friend was so excited to finally be having a child. His girlfriend didn't like that their child would be mentally handicapped so she suggested an abortion. My friend fought her and fought her on the issue. He begged her. He would've raised his miracle baby by himself if he had to. She aborted the pregnancy anyway. When my friend found out about the abortion, he blew his brains out...

I met a few people with handicapped children and for me those parents are super humans. You can sense a lot of patience and wisdom in their presence, because they been throughout a lot. People when see handicapped children only see negative sides without knowing that those children can actually be one of biggest blessings that can happen to parents, because those children can teach parent how to love unconditionally, in a selfless way, in same way how God loves whole creation...

I met a few people with handicapped children and for me those parents are super humans. You can sense a lot of patience and wisdom in their presence, because they been throughout a lot. People when see handicapped children only see negative sides without knowing that those children can actually be one of biggest blessings that can happen to parents, because those children can teach parent how to love unconditionally, in a selfless way, in same way how God loves whole creation...
Well said, mate. I agree.

Perfectly worded. *Tips hat*

:coldsweat::cry:

Damn this made me cry. I'm so sorry for your loss Milk. :(

The world can be so unfair. :(

I ] if life begins at conception than those pregnancies that are nullified due to birth control pills are abortions.
II] would it be fair to strap some homeless guy onto my back and make me responsible for his continued existence for 40 weeks because my condom broke?
III] would there be some kind of plan to deal with all the indigent single moms that would result bringing every conception to term?

Reactions: Infjente and acd
The pill does not constitute as an abortion as it prevents the conception from ever occuring which results in a human life - well in the off chance that the egg is fertilized. Pretty easy science. That's not killing a human that has already been conceived.

I ] if life begins at conception than those pregnancies that are nullified due to birth control pills are abortions.
II] would it be fair to strap some homeless guy onto my back and make me responsible for his continued existence for 40 weeks because my condom broke?
III] would there be some kind of plan to deal with all the indigent single moms that would result bringing every conception to term?
Your flesh & blood child is not a stranger. And yes, that is indeed the risk you take (broken prophylactics). This is why we are designed to procreate within a stable, loving marriage, bringing kids ( when and as we wish ) into our world to love. All these consequences could be prevented by better choices and by being real men & women who have the balls to be responsible when we do screw up, rather than killing "the mistake". I don't feel sorry for these woe is me pregnancies. Man up.

Last edited: