Pro-life or Pro-choice? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Pro-life or Pro-choice?

Pro coat hanger, anti protection.
Final solution: kill all the dumb babies before they grow up to be dumber adults
Wow. Wyote is brutal.
All my ladies, watch out! He's about to go Mortal Kombat on all your wombs.

Is anyone pro-choice for fathers? That's a more interesting question for me. Do those fuckers get a say in anything?
I think that the father should have a say in the matter, 100%.
I have observed so often that men have stepped up in many ways. There are many good single fathers out there.
My (nonbiological) son's mother, for example, abandoned him when he was an infant. So, my point is, that just because someone births a child, doesn't mean they are fit to be a parent. Therefore, both parents should have a say in the matter. I definitely empathize with men when it comes to this. I have witnessed men's hearts break over not being able to have a say while the female aborts their child. ...really not fair, imo.

However, you run into more problems with that, as a woman can easily say that the other parent is not the father.
Is DNA testing available for fetuses? And if so, is it cheap? I doubt it... probably costs an arm and a leg. heh.

However, you run into more problems with that, as a woman can easily say that the other parent is not the father.
Is DNA testing available for fetuses? And if so, is it cheap? I doubt it... probably costs an arm and a leg. heh.
I happen to know that a non-invasive during-pregnancy paternity test costs about £900 here, and can be done after c.8 weeks.

I happen to know that a non-invasive during-pregnancy paternity test costs about £900 here, and can be done after c.8 weeks.
A thousand dollars? Yeesh... that, too. It's ridiculous. But, I guess if the father has enough money, it would be great!

Coin toss :neutral:

No idea, but instinctively it feels wrong to force someone to do something they don't want to do for 9 months.

But equally that happens to men all the time, except that it's for 18 years/life.
It sucks. I imagine it is awful for men who want to keep the pregnancy and baby when a mother does not. But yeah, ultimately it comes down to: Are we as a society OK with forcing someone to do something with their body against their will because of personal beliefs? There is something de-personifying about that to me: compulsory births.

And what are the implications of that even beyond pregnancy? What does that mean for all of us in regards to privacy and body autonomy?

But you're right that in the US, pro-life folk are trying to go for the rights of the fetus; the personhood of the fetus. What does that also mean for pregnant women who happen to miscarry? Are they then open to being investigated? What of women who smoke or drink or use drugs during pregnancy or who don't follow a prescribed diet from their doctor? What of women who were raped or who have grave health risks? I don't see how a woman would be able to obtain an abortion at all if the courts established personhood of fetuses. I think then it really comes down to you either support a woman's rights or a fetus' rights. And only one is capable of survival on it's own without the other.

Last edited:
Pro choice. And as much as I feel for fathers like myself who really want a child, we don't have to gestate and squeeze watermelons out of any of our orifices while enduring insane hormonal and bodily changes over a 9 month period, so I don't think we should be exerting pressure on women to do so.

Oh yeah, and pro-lifers, are you willing to adopt and care for all those kids?
You know, saying this though is sorta like the entitled equivalent of saying hey, I ran up a debt, you guys willing to pay it. But interestingly enough, there are loads of us who are not only willing to, but want.

Neither.

Incest, rape, child with birth defect or debilitating illness. Threat to mothers life. Ok, abort the pregnancy. A mother shouldn't have to bear a rapists child, die in labor or watch her baby with a heart defect suffer

Abortion because "It's my body. A man shouldn't have a say?"

No. That's the baby's body you are killing. Not yours. That baby did nothing wrong to be killed. Also, you needed my semen to have that child. I am as much the parent as you. You didn't self reproduce. Pregnancy is a two way street.

#2 the corruption in the industry. Selling of body parts.

#3 psychological trauma. Killing another human being is a heavy weight for most. Killing your baby because you weren't ready for a child, to me is sickening.

A baby is not an accident.

I've never been laying in bed naked with a raging boner, when coincidentally my upstairs neighbor was directly above me naked when the ceiling collapsed and despite the odds, she landed through the rubble right onto my dick.

Trust me, if that accident happens to me, with THAT lady, suicide may be the best option on the table for me at that point

Last edited:
Even if they were it's still all about removing basic rights of women and forcing women to do something against their will
I agree with that. I don't want to presume that motivations of all pro-lifers are without merit, but I think that the issue here is about taking away basic rights of women to decide what happens with their own bodies.