Private Eaters | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Private Eaters

I eat in front of people or what not. I dont care what they think. I am human and need food. :p I am not self concious when it comes to eating, because I embaress myself in other ways. :p

I don't mind eating in front of people if I feel comfortable enough to talk with them. I don't get to socialize a whole lot any more because of all of the homework I have, so that's a nice time to sit down and talk with some people; eat, grab a cup of tea, and chat a bit :)
But I hate eating in front of people if I don't know them. Either I sit with them and kind of hover a bit over my food so they can't see me actually chew, or I just don't eat around them at all. I also really hate being alone at a table in a public place while I eat; it feels like everyone's looking at me >.>

Kind of offtopic
One thing I usually do is I can't really sit down into chairs when I'm around people. I usually end up standing or sitting on the floor. It might be subconscious paranoia but I feel more comfortable standing or sitting on the floor.

Kind of offtopic
One thing I usually do is I can't really sit down into chairs when I'm around people. I usually end up standing or sitting on the floor. It might be subconscious paranoia but I feel more comfortable standing or sitting on the floor.

I actually sit on the floor a lot too. Especially if I have something to lean against. I don't think it's so much of a preference over chairs, but I do it frequently; maybe because it's easier to observe from that prospective?

I actually sit on the floor a lot too. Especially if I have something to lean against. I don't think it's so much of a preference over chairs, but I do it frequently; maybe because it's easier to observe from that prospective?

It might be because usually people tend to not pay attention to you. Or is some cases pay alot of attention to you. But I like it because it's usually outside of the entire group.

It might be because usually people tend to not pay attention to you. Or is some cases pay alot of attention to you. But I like it because it's usually outside of the entire group.

Not exactly outside; it's like inside, but subtle, so you're part of and essentially really in the action, but you aren't the center of it; not somewhere people would notice

It might be an introvert thing-I don't like eating in front of people either.
And the standing or sitting on the floor but not on a chair is something I do too.
I can relax more.

Eating doesn't bother me except for loud chewers who can't close their mouth while they eat but I'm a floor-sitter too :D

But I hate eating in front of people if I don't know them. Either I sit with them and kind of hover a bit over my food so they can't see me actually chew, or I just don't eat around them at all. I also really hate being alone at a table in a public place while I eat; it feels like everyone's looking at me >.>

yea, same here...

For me the funny thing is that I don't have any trouble having a meal alone at a food court or restaurant. Sometimes I'll read but mostly I just look around and think about stuff. It's not the eating itself that's bothersome for me. I think it's eating in close proximity to others, shoulder to shoulder, face to face - eek. It feels almost invasive.

Interesting topic.

I prefer to eat by myself, actually. I'm an emotional eater, when I'm stressed food is the first place I go to (I know, it's disgusting and unhealthy *sigh*) If I'm eating around other people who are not eating I start feeling anxious. Usually I'll offer my food to whoever is sitting next to me (yes, strangers too, lol) so that I don't look as weird just eating by myself when nobody else is. However, if I'm at a party or with a group of friends, I like eating with everybody else and it doesn't bother me.

So in short, I don't like eating alone when I'm not alone. Weird.

I'm somewhat the same, except when I'm under stress, I can't eat, I just can't keep anything down.

lolwut.jpg

oops.
British slang/sarcasm failing to translate in typing. :rolleyes:

Okay, what were you trying to say?

exactly the opposite.
Not nice.
Usually said with raised eyebrow and mocking (but friendly) look.

Ah, I see. :mD:

Jax is a great cook and it did take him about three or four weeks before he would eat anything in front of me ... which was no easy feat since I am constantly eating something.

I too find other ways to embarrass myself, eating is the least of my issues.

As for floor sitting, I used to be a floor sitter when I was younger but my bones demand a chair nowadays, lol!

exactly the opposite.
Not nice.
Usually said with raised eyebrow and mocking (but friendly) look.

I find I do that "Niiiice" thing a fair bit these days