Post-Secularism | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Post-Secularism

Well then, perhaps you need to educate yourself on it. This should give you some basic background:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution

Now this thread is about Postsecularism, not Darwinism.

And to get back on topic, i was thinking about some of the signs involved in a post secular era, the coming of things like intelligent design and other theories, combined with the revival of religions like Islam and from what you claim in Catholicism, it would seem we aren't moving to a secular world. Maybe not a Christan world but not a secular world either.

But I still have a hard time of defining a secular era, especially here in the U.S., do you know of any events to mar that time period.

Haha, 'educate'. You evidently missed the point of what I wrote after 'no I do not'.

Haha, 'educate'. You evidently missed the point of what I wrote after 'no I do not'.

why are you here, your not contributing to this threads topic, which has little to do with evolution or theistic evolution, nor was intelligent design brought into the picture till you mentioned it.

You jumped headlong into a subject assuming it was something else and in that assumption made voided the topics meaning to yourself.

and even further you don't want to learn on the subject and yet you continue to post.

I'm perplexed

I have found that a basic grasp of various philosophical movements or trends to be very helpful in navigating the times I happen to live in. I basically do not trust the swirling current of contemporary thought unless it is rooted in something much more solid and connected to concepts that are time-tested and sound. The saying, "if you want to be innovative in theology, you have to go backwards" makes a lot of sense to me. The present is always a bit murky, so I tend to triangulate the present together with important touchstones in the past. In my experience, this produces a clarity that transcends the present moment, yet speaks to it powerfully. It allows us to move forward in our own times with a direction and focus less susceptible to illusion.

Yeah, it's nice to find a good middle ground between collecting enemy foreskins, drilling holes in foreheads, and antibiotics. I guess you sort of end up at the Pat Robertson orthocenter of the triangle.

which deals with eternal truths.

Which deal with what? All I heard was this strange buzzing noise.

Do you even know anything about Theistic Evolution?

Do you even know anything about evolutionary biology? Wait, that's a stupid question; I already know the answer--just like you did.

Reactions: Krumplenump
Yeah, it's nice to find a good middle ground between collecting enemy foreskins, drilling holes in foreheads, and antibiotics. I guess you sort of end up at the Pat Robertson orthocenter of the triangle.

Which deal with what? All I heard was this strange buzzing noise.

Do you even know anything about evolutionary biology? Wait, that's a stupid question; I already know the answer--just like you did.

why can't people stay on topic, your all driving me nuts.

can anybody answer what constituted the secular era?