Population percentage | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Population percentage

Can you not get a different set of them for an INFP? I mean I'm more of a Fe than a Fi to be honest.

Absolutely, however, more often than not, this is a side effect of two functions forming a pair. For example, I frequently get a test result on Fi and Ne that is almost the exact midpoint between the scores for my Ni and Fe. The questions on the tests apply to how I use my dominant and secondary functions in tandem. Yet, despite my high result with Ne, I cannot use this function reflexively. I have to think about it in order to use it. My pseudo-Ne is not nearly as fast as true Ne. People with real Ne can think at light speed. I have to ponder and focus to explore the possibilities. However, my Ni just happens, and confounds my Ne friends. My ENTP friend once said, "How do you do that? It's like your brain teleports to the right answer without ever having seen the destination." But, if I give him time, he can use his Ne and Ti to get to the same conclusion with a psuedo-Ni. It just takes him longer, but the end result looks the same on self assessment tests.

Try reading the descriptions on these links. If you are an INFJ, you will always be able to use Ni, no matter how exhausted you are. When all other logic fails, when you are almost oblivious to your surroundings, you'll always have this function running if you are conscious.

If you are INFP, you will always be able to use Fi, no matter how exhausted you are. When all other logic fails, when you are almost oblivious to your surroundings, you'll always have this function running if you are conscious.

INFJ Dominant
http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/Introverted_Feeling

INFP Dominant
http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/Extraverted_Intuition

And as secondaries, you'll be able to use these most of the time as support for your respective dominant functions:

INFJ Secondary
http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/Extraverted_Feeling

INFP Secondary
http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/Introverted_Intuition

Last edited:
We may look identical, but we're fraternal. People tell us the doctors were wrong.

My twin and I are identical and have gone to the same school (and now college) for our whole lives without being separated much, except for certain classes.
As there's usually a dominant twin (the confident, outgoing one) and the submissive twin (shyer, more reserved), maybe that aspect of being a twin could affect personality type, one looking after the other more.
My twin's the dominant one, which makes me wonder if that's why she's Thinking, because she's been more responsible than me for most of our lives so she's developed a system to deal with that. Maybe the older (or just dominant) twin is more likely to be more logical than the submissive one in order to make snap decisions without having to take a million people's feelings into account.
I think twins (maybe just one of the pair) are usually quite competitive too, having to earn attention from parents when they were younger which could have lead to an altered personality over years. I think iNtuition is more of a nature thing rather than nurture, but Judging/Perceiving and Introversion/Extroversion would be more of a nurture thing. Not really sure about Thinking/Feeling.

My sister and I are fraternal -- I've noticed that the ones that are fraternal have a greater gap in personality, whereas laurie, you and your twin share the same dominant function...it's actually possible that you are the same type initially, but maybe developed different traits through your roles with each other.

My sister and I, before we studied abroad and didn't see each other for about a year and a half, were a lot less obviously our type. In other words, before she left, she thought she was ENFJ, and I tested as INTJ fairly often. After developing on our own, we fell more easily into our own types, and she learned that she was actually ENTJ.

Perhaps you and your identical twin are actually the same type, but take on different roles and developed different sides of that type to compliment each other.

Thanks Gloomy :) that's quite an interesting idea actually. We are very similar in opinion the majority of the time, but even when we were young we had slightly different personalities.
My sister was more 'go and get it' than me, who was happy to sit and wait for it (I was the last to crawl, walk and talk). She is also very logical, whereas I'm a fairly even mix of lateral and logical thinking, more lateral probably. She tends to dive right in, while I wander around the edge to see if it's safe/worthwhile/fun etc. (using a pool metaphor here). She knows what she wants, while I faff around and think on it.
That's the biggest difference between us, which I think is the T and F difference, but that could have developed through nurture. I think I was a calmer baby though XD even though I cry more than her now.

I don't know about that -- between my sister and I, I was the go-getter. She was usually the one watching me. It was actually kind of a flip-flop of what you described...that might be why I seem more T to tests and she seemed more F for a long time.

This is really interesting. I wonder what most INFJs are like as kids, now...I might have to make a thread about that.

As for the twin thing, though, I'm not sure what to make of this. Where's Von Hase when you need him?

Haha, maybe it is more to do with nurture and which twin takes responsibility for the other, or for themselves? Who knows really? ^^