Please help me put this kind of response into perspective | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Please help me put this kind of response into perspective

I think TDHT and Sumone made some great points. I'd also like to add that this doesn't mean anything about you as a person or how people in general will respond to you. It is a statement about the person who wrote that response, perhaps their level of sensitivity to others, caring, interpersonal relations, etc. I imagine the likelihood is that they don't experience a level of empathy that most people appreciate or an ability to express themselves in a tactful way. Or maybe they were having a bad day and decided to unleash the force of their emotions through their online posts. It doesn't lessen the insensitivity of their words or mean it was a great decision, but that could have been the "why" you might be searching for. Some people are blunt at any cost, and define/value that as being honest. Usually this means they don't possess the empathy to care or an awareness of the impact they have on others. It's really hard to say what the reasons were, but whatever they were, it is a reflection on the person who responded and not on you.

I hope this helps.

I agree. It doesn't matter whether or not they felt it was a worthwhile project or even if you were a stranger to them, being insensitive is not justifiable. There were much better ways to respond. And too many people using being blunt as some sort of excuse for being insensitive. It makes them feel they are more real and honest than everyone else, which is a bunch of **** (inside whatever word you think fits).

Last edited: