Personal Secrets | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Personal Secrets

Yes

It was perfect. Why suggest changing the dynamic? It could never be out in the open. Why did he feel the need to get my hopes up?

I once saw a man snore himself to death. It was horrible and I have never told anyone.

J/k

There are plenty of things about me that I don't tell people. I find people either judgemental or uninterested, either way their reactions make me feel worse so I prefer to keep a lot of things to myself. I believe some people think that I'm an enigma and others think that I'm an open book. If anybody cared enough to ask I would probably tell but most people don't really care. I am much more open about what is going on in my life now. In the past I would have not let people know what was going on with problems with my family but now a lot of people know. There reaches a point when you can't pretend that everything is ok when it's not...but there is still a ton of stuff that nobody will ever know. I would be willing to tell a trusted therapist but that's about it. Unfortunately they are so expensive and the ones that I have seen in the past have all validated my own thoughts and told me that I was clear headed about things so I take from that that I can look at myself fairly objectively. I am my own therapist :). A non-judgemental and caring friend who be a nice addition to my life though...perhaps I could share more then.

Yeah. He is confirmed infp and i always viewed him as selfish/immature.

There are things I don't tell others either because I think it will cause them worry, or because it would make me worry about being misunderstood. There are also things which I don't have a right to tell others.

I don't like secrets because they are isolating.

My entire life is a secret. I have and never will tell anybody anything... Ever

I grew to keep my problems to myself. I would share most of my secrets if I thought they would help anyone.

I don't have any secrets but everything is on a need to know basis so different people know very different subsets of information about me. This does mean that sometimes people are quite surprised to learn something about me but I do think this is their own fault for being so narrow or making so many assumptions.

On the other hand, I do seem to know an awful lot of other people's tightly held closely guarded secrets and I think I'm good with keeping them.

This is me.

I do have secrets but I consider everything in it's relevance to another person. If it is not relevant to you- then why I would not tell you? I also do not take useless action or use apps that post pictures of my food on the internet. That is bizarre to me, however I have been yelled at and others have apparently been hurt by the fact they did not know something about me. I don't understand couples or friends that get so upset about the fact that they don't know something about the other. If the topic of conversation never came up or it has and will never have anything to do with you what need would there be to inform you? I have been in car accidents or had an operation after which loved ones have been angry or think I am 'keeping them out', when in reality they were miles away or not in the situation and being an adult I handled it.
Conclusion- yes I have secrets but not nearly as many as people seem to think.

.. I wouldn't call them secrets, just stuff I don't think anyone could really do anything about and probably wouldn't even care; it would be dissected for their own meaning. Well, they may care but the impact is mine alone to get on with so there is no point sharing what has passed.

I have some secrets that i haven't shared with anybody. And i don't intend to either, not now anyway, and i don't see any use in sharing them, also it's not much of a big deal what i keep to myself... Nonetheless, most of my people know my struggles very well, i have no big shocking confession to make to them, nor anybody.

I don't think I have any personal secrets that I'd never share. Secrets involving others I'd give a lot more consideration, of course.

There is a lot of information about my life that's known only by me though. I live a pretty solitary life and that's a natural byproduct! I'm okay with it. I know there is a need to be known. "The unexamined life is not worth living." But my life has been examined by enough people (for a while, anyway) and I do a respectable degree of examining on my own.

Last edited:
Basically same as Jacobi's reply... None of their business. I had once shared something that hurt me deeply with an ex, but instead of letting it go so I could heal, he kept bringing it up and assuming that every time I showed signs of being a little sad, it was because of that bad memory. It eventually started having a bad effect on my mental health and I had to leave the relationship. I think if it is a secret, it is a secret for a good reason, I just think most people do have them and that it is none of my business.

Nope. I could tell someone everything there is to know about me the first time I meet them. They mostly aren't interested though.

I don't think anything is absolutely off limits, but there are things that only one or two other people know (or have the potential to know).