Perfectionism Test. | INFJ Forum

Perfectionism Test.

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
[SIZE=+1]http://discoveryhealth.queendom.com/questions/perfectionism_abridged_1.html

Results of Your Perfectionism Test
[/SIZE]

Perfectionism
blank.gif
Your score = 67
score_orange.gif

[SIZE=+1]What does your score mean?[/SIZE]
According to this test, you have some perfectionist tendencies that may be making you unnecessarily unhappy. You sometimes set high standards that are difficult to meet; either you impose those expectations on yourself, others, or a combination of the two. You may even think that others expect you to be perfect. While a desire to do your very best and strive to reach your full potential can bring you personal fulfillment, you have to learn when good is 'good enough'. It's important that you strengthen your ability to distinguish between reasonable aspirations and unrealistic demands. When you set unattainable objectives, you are being cruel to yourself and denying yourself the rewards and self-acceptance that you deserve.

Last edited:
About Perfectionism
Perfectionism can be a healthy quality that drives a person to try his/her best and to make the effort to excel. Some people, however, take the strive for perfection too far...and there is a price to pay. Extreme perfectionists are forever dissatisfied; they can never fulfill their own expectations so, in their own eyes, they are always failures. Chronic perfectionism is driven by deep-seated feelings of inferiority and self-hate, and by nature it reinforces a negative self-image. Performing tasks or fulfilling goals becomes intimidating and unpleasant, since the perfectionist knows deep down that the finished product will never meet his/her expectations. So the perfectionist might have problems with procrastination. Perfectionism, then, can become a double-edged sword - the perfectionist is driven by a desire to succeed, as well as a fear of failure which leaves him/her paralyzed. In all realms, striving for excellence can be beneficial and lead to a fulfilling professional and personal life. Accepting nothing less than excellence, on the other hand, can be emotionally scarring.

[SIZE=+1]Results of Your Perfectionism Test[/SIZE]
Perfectionism
blank.gif
Your score = 77
score_orange.gif

[SIZE=+1]What does your score mean?[/SIZE]According to this test, you have some perfectionist tendencies that may be making you unnecessarily unhappy. You sometimes set high standards that are difficult to meet; either you impose those expectations on yourself, others, or a combination of the two. You may even think that others expect you to be perfect. While a desire to do your very best and strive to reach your full potential can bring you personal fulfillment, you have to learn when good is 'good enough'. It's important that you strengthen your ability to distinguish between reasonable aspirations and unrealistic demands. When you set unattainable objectives, you are being cruel to yourself and denying yourself the rewards and self-acceptance that you deserve.

So not fair, should've scored 99%. . . test is clearly not good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeverAmI
Perfectionism
blank.gif
Your score = 46
score_orange.gif

[SIZE=+1]What does your score mean?[/SIZE]According to this test, you have some perfectionist tendencies that may be making you unnecessarily unhappy. You sometimes set high standards that are difficult to meet; either you impose those expectations on yourself, others, or a combination of the two. You may even think that others expect you to be perfect. While a desire to do your very best and strive to reach your full potential can bring you personal fulfillment, you have to learn when good is 'good enough'. It's important that you strengthen your ability to distinguish between reasonable aspirations and unrealistic demands. When you set unattainable objectives, you are being cruel to yourself and denying yourself the rewards and self-acceptance that you deserve.

I got 77.

I never considered myself a perfectionist because I didn't realise what people really meant by it. I assumed it was 'getting things perfect'. I never thought I was like that. But perfectionism isn't just about that, it's about piling on these pressures onto yourself and i forcing yourself to think you have to do them, in order to feel okay. When I look at it from that way, my perfection has been crushing.

93. I'm more perfect than all of you.

Perfectionism
blank.gif
Your score = 74
score_orange.gif

Pretty much what I expected.

Perfectionism
blank.gif
Your score = 70
score_orange.gif

Perfectionism
blank.gif
Your score = 73
score_orange.gif

Perfectionism

Your score = 79

What does your score mean?
According to this test, you have some perfectionist tendencies that may be making you unnecessarily unhappy. You sometimes set high standards that are difficult to meet; either you impose those expectations on yourself, others, or a combination of the two. You may even think that others expect you to be perfect. While a desire to do your very best and strive to reach your full potential can bring you personal fulfillment, you have to learn when good is 'good enough'. It's important that you strengthen your ability to distinguish between reasonable aspirations and unrealistic demands. When you set unattainable objectives, you are being cruel to yourself and denying yourself the rewards and self-acceptance that you deserve.

This is true, I hate everything I do once it's finished :( Even though others love it, I only see the faults. Gets frustrating but c'est la vie I guess :m088:

Your score = 41

:m096:

Score = 82
According to this test, you are bound by the cuffs of perfectionism. You set impossibly high standards that can never be met; either you impose those expectations on yourself, others, or a combination of the two. You may even believe that others expect you to be perfect. Whatever the case, this tendency is most likely making you suffer needlessly - whether you realize it or not. It's time that you became aware of your perfectionist side and work on toning it down. While a desire to succeed and strive to reach your full potential can bring you personal fulfillment, you also have to learn when good is 'good enough'. It's important that you develop the ability to distinguish between reasonable aspirations or goals and unreasonable demands. When you set unattainable objectives, you are being cruel to yourself and denying yourself the rewards and self-acceptance that you deserve.

[SIZE=+1]Results of Your Perfectionism Test[/SIZE]
Perfectionism
blank.gif
Your score = 78
score_orange.gif

[SIZE=+1]What does your score mean?[/SIZE]