People who have never been hurt before...do they, exist?? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

People who have never been hurt before...do they, exist??

I suspect hurt...may not be real. If I were to relate it to physics and the law of elasticity - we are usually in the state of equlibrium, pulled, shoved, and extended,... but always bouncing back to a neutral state.

...It is not like concrete, where once broken. You have to build a new one.
Beautiful description! But don't you think the broken state is also possible? "What doesn't kill you makes you stranger?" (instead of stronger; sometimes)

I believe the mind is a machine and it is amazingly flexible, and yet it could be broken too. Let's say, just like in chess, or other board games, you can get into stalemate. Very very similar to your computer crashing or hanging.

I've always hated the old saying "sticks and stones..."

My version of it is:

sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will not desert me.

I have a view of myself as a child that's probably inaccurate. I think before the age of 8, I was definitely sensitive, but bore no scars. Hurts came and hurts went as they do in the most stable of childhoods, but I can't imagine that one had any affect on the next in any way.

I learned to compound hurt as an adult instead. :)

kudos!!

Beautiful description! But don't you think the broken state is also possible? "What doesn't kill you makes you stranger?" (instead of stronger; sometimes)

I believe the mind is a machine and it is amazingly flexible, and yet it could be broken too. Let's say, just like in chess, or other board games, you can get into stalemate. Very very similar to your computer crashing or hanging.

Yeah, but that's not hurt...that's depression.

Which brings me to my next case,, hurt as in societal/inner pressure!!

ha

Yeah, but that's not hurt...that's depression.

Which brings me to my next case,, hurt as in societal/inner pressure!!

ha

You're on mastermind mindbender tonight, eh? :D

This is a great thread. I like the ponderings of the specifics regarding the relivant.

Ah, no, the difficult brain states, I believe, have more variety. Moreover, probably every stalemate there is unique and can't be typed.

About social/inner pressure... and do you realize it's the same! :) Because, trust me, you can't imagine any inner pressure on your own. So the cure for inner pressure is still to cure the social pressure; only that process is a little more indirect.

You're on mastermind mindbender tonight, eh? :D

This is a great thread. I like the ponderings of the specifics regarding the relivant.

yes
I am entirely vague and relevant. :p

Last edited: