Peace | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Peace

I'm probably more hopelessly concerned for other people's misconceptions than I am guilty.

I've never been a nationalist thinker. When I think about the luxuries afforded to us here, I'm aware of the suffering and exploitation that had to take place in order for us to have them. For that, I am guilty.

This country wasn't founded on freedom for all, anyways. It was freedom for landed white males. Women and minorities had to fight for centuries to have anything.

I don't think there's anything cozy and warm and friendly about living in a country that goes to war for profit, is filled with corrupt theocrats, and has a culture that is founded on make-believe consumerism. I could go on, but not in this thread about peace.

I'm probably more hopelessly concerned for other people's misconceptions than I am guilty.

I've never been a nationalist thinker. When I think about the luxuries afforded to us here, I'm aware of the suffering and exploitation that had to take place in order for us to have them. For that, I am guilty.

This country wasn't founded on freedom for all, anyways. It was freedom for landed white males. Women and minorities had to fight for centuries to have anything.

I don't think there's anything cozy and warm and friendly about living in a country that goes to war for profit, is filled with corrupt theocrats, and has a culture that is founded on make-believe consumerism. I could go on, but not in this thread about peace.

lol who believes propaganda?

Is it possible for INFJ's to be at peace with the world?

I think anyone can be at peace with the world regardless of type but in practice I think it's rather hard to be in that state of mind. There will always be people out there who would try to disrupt that peace and your mind can be your worst enemy that will also try to break that peace within you.

I just don't see why other people won't want peace in the first place, but on the same token, I don't know what thoughts go through the minds of others.

Dont listen your notion of the US is correct, you will be more free here to earn a living than anywhere else in the world. We have a lot of economic opportunity, even though the Liberals are trying to destroy that. And you are free to speak, own arms, and make money. Its fantastic.

Aww yea, I know its fantastic. I long for the day I can just surround myself with American atmosphere. :)

I just think that your zeal for an American life is founded on propaganda. It bothers me that you're so in love with the concept of American freedom, but do you even know what it's founded on?

I didn't choose to be born here or at all. Just worked out that way. I'm taking nothing for granted.

Propaganda or no propaganda, its a justified love!! See, my love for USA was reassured when I went there and COMMING from a place like Sweden where the state owns basically everything and you can't achieve anything no matter how hard you work - then America is Heaven. (E.g. we have a progressive tax and one Swedish author who sold millions of books, had to pay 101% tax....)

Thats just the way it is.