Paranormal Activity?

dang

LONE WOLF BAD ASS
Banned
Apr 4, 2016
Santa Monica, CA
MBTI
INFP-A
Have you ever had a paranormal experience? I am not certain I have had one, but I have met many people who claim to have had one. Please describe in detail if possible. Once I knew someone who claimed she could see fairies. I know this may seem hard to believe but she did not seem psychotic. Have you ever witnessed something that simply can not be explained by a materialist/rationalist point of view? I want to see if there are patterns that arise from these anecdotal posts. I am skeptical yet open minded so remember this is not a judgemental exercise. I am just curious about the prevalence and type of paranormal experiences some of us may have had. This could get pretty strange pretty fast. The truth is often stranger than fiction. Let's get weird!

Reactions: Sandie33
Perhaps no one wants to go first. I may have had at least one paranormal experience but I am not sure. Once I was alone on the Venice Boardwalk. This was in 2004. I met this dude. He was wearing shades. When he took them off his eyes did not look normal. Like he was wearing contacts. But he wasn't. I never have hallucinated but it is possible it was all in my head. Like a psychic projection or introverted sensation. There are many possible explanations. But now let me describe him. I did not trust him. He felt creepy to me. His eyes looked like snake eyes. As in the pupil was a vertical line as you would see on a cat. Definitely not human. So either it was all in my head and I hallucinated once in my entire waking life, or something else was going on. Some people had told me he may not have actually been human and I could sense it and see it in his eyes. Like his disguise was slipping away. Some have attempted to convince me he was demonically possessed or even an alien. At the time I was freaked out and was really not sure if either I was being crazy or if I indeed saw something that was clearly not visible to others. That was the only time in my life that I have had this type of experience, so you can't merely discount it as me having a psychotic break from reality. My only mental health issues have been anxiety disorders, and they are not psychotic whatsoever. I used to be very skeptical of the paranormal. Now I am more curious. Can anyone shed light on my experience I just described? Have you had a similar event happen to you? How did you react? Please don't call me crazy. If I were I wouldn't be so skeptical in this situation, I would simply believe it without question. What do you think?

(I tried locating some old forum posts from elsewhere to save me having to write everything out again, but I wasn't that successful.. These aren't in any order by the way)

I've had more experiences than I can recall, as I'm naturally forgetful.. But some experiences which stick out the most include:

I had a close encounter with a fully formed Bodach (shadow man).. Must have been about 8 years ago now. I was baby sitting my god son , I think he was like 3 at the time or something. We were alone in the second floor flat, I'd put him to bed and I was watching TV in the living room. After some time, I heard him awake and running up and down the landing between the his room and the living room. I picked myself up to go and put him back into bed, but when I exited the living he was no where to be found in the hall way. I assumed that he'd gone back into his room, so I popped my head round to check on him, but oddly, he was fast asleep. I found that weird but I shrugged it off. I went back into the living room and sat back down in front of the TV. Just a few minutes passed when once again, I could hear footsteps coming from the landing.. But these were heavier and rather distinct, they didn't sound like kiddie feet. By this point, I really didn't want to have check out the landing (hall way).. But I had too, being in charge an all... So I mustered my wits and popped my head round the door... lo and behold.. Nobody was there. This creeped the shit of me.. and so I retreated back to my spot on the settee, but I was frozen with fear. Over the course of a couple more minutes I just got this horrible sense that something was behind me, and that I should keep my eye's forward at all costs... but that horrible, nasty feeling didn't subside, it just increased.. Up until the point I could feel this presence right at the back of me. I couldn't stand the anticipation any longer so I bravely turned my head as near as 180 as I could.. and shit your knickers there was this whomping great black figure towering over me. I looked only for a split second, I immediately diverted my head back forward, closed my eye's and probably uttered a few hail marys lol... Took me a very long time to look back again, but the figure wasn't there anymore. I think I sat in that room cowering all night until my friend returned home. The figure it's self lacked detail.. But it's what you would expect a 6ft man in a black cape/hood to look like... Like a 'dementor' now that I think about it... As it happens, a number of paranormal events preceded that and followed it, according to my friend.

The once me and my cousin were sitting in my aunts house, we were both siting on opposite sides of the living room when we both saw a blue orb swooping in from the hallway, and circled the entire room - just the once, before it disappeared as quick as it had appeared. The action in it's self eliminated any possibility of trickery with the lights. Was a lovely, vibrant of shade of blue, about half the size of a golf ball.

I was at my friends last summer and we were all quite merry, drinking and singing to music, with about 8 of us sat round a large dining table. My friend put a song on in memory of her late father.. and even though we were all happy, she shed a tear or two, then WOOSH, a great dirty big black shadow swooped right across her.. I wouldn't have believed my own eye's if it weren't for her jumping up and saying "did you feel that?", and my other friend saying "somethings just come over you", lol. She's convinced that it was her dad.. But I dunno if I buy into that. I've seen a resident shadow man in here more than once, I wonder if it was him.

I've had the night terrors in the past, growing up. Closely related to the Bodach phenomena. You know when you're sure that you're not alone, but are too pussy to check it out? Well I'm pretty darn sure I felt little foot-steps on my bed the once too. These predate the instances I outlined above.

The once, about 3 years ago, I awoke from sleep in my own bed and in my line of sight was my bedroom window.. Only.. Two strange creatures could be seen. One was sitting on my window sill, whilst the other was 'phasing' or 'passing through' my window, from the outside, coming in... That's all I remember. if I was actually awake and seeing this (which is what it felt like), then I must have gone back to sleep. If I was asleep and dreaming this, then it was a dream.. But a fucking weird one at that... Now I'll tell you the crux. They looked just like LAM. I can't say for definite if this happened or not, but I can tell you that it fucking felt like it.

The once, I dunno about 6-8 years ago my friend came round to visit, but she had a pair of shiney red 'dolly' shoes with her. I don't recall the details but I think she said that she had been given these shoe's, and that they were new. Anyway, she told me that she didn't want them because even though they are her size, red wasn't her colour, and she asked if I wanted them. Well, I don't wear dolly shoe's, so I said "thanks but no thanks", and so she suggested that I chuck em. I was like "no worries", and put them in our rubbish bag, which was quite full anyway so I put it out for the bin men. She saw all of this... Fast forward about two weeks or something later, and me and the same friend enter my house from being out gallivanting somewhere. Upon entering my house she turns to me and says, "bloody hell Sin, if you wanted those shoes you should have just said, no need to pretend to throw them out" .. I had no idea what she was talking about, until she drew my attention to a red pair of dolly shoe's sitting at the bottom of my stairs... Confused as fuck I went to inspect them. No doubt about it, they were the same pair. I assured my friend that I didn't retrieve them from the trash, and that as far as I knew, they should be at the dump by now... We both laughed, and shrugged it off. I presumed my mom had rescued them from the bin or something, which I still found unlikely considering she's have to open the trash bag on the public walkway to find them.. but hey-ho, she wasn't there to ask. Me and my friend,once more, poked fun at their oddly shiny ugliness, and she watched me repeat the process of putting them in the bin and chucking them out... But the next fucking day, they were back in my house, and she was there to witness it again... By this point, we both shared a look as if to say FUCK THESE VOODOO SHOE'S.... I grabbed them once more, and we both walked a good mile down the street to dispose of them once more... Thankfully neither of us have seen them since... We haven't spoken about those incidents in years. I must remember to ask her again where she got the damn cursed things from.

Last edited:
[MENTION=14074]Sinny[/MENTION] I have never seen a shadow person. But vaguely remember stories from a few who have. Those I talked to said it sat on their chest or pushed on it and made it hard to breathe.

[MENTION=14664]dang[/MENTION] awesome thread. I absolutely believe there exist beings and things we cannot comprehend... Spirits or beings from another dimension... Idk.

I know I have posted this experience on here before, but many years ago I was awoken from sleep because I felt someone caressing me. I was on my side and it felt like fingers grazing my side and hip. I was afraid, but then a thought popped into my mind. It was like, "Not to harm, don't be afraid." And I knew it wasn't an evil presence. Then I got up the courage to look at it and as soon as I did, I just saw a figure bathed in silvery greenish light floating away from me until it was gone. It all happened in seconds, but it felt much longer. I had presence of mind to convince myself it was my roommate (which woukd be very creepy for her to do!) And the next day I learned that she was gone on her paper route when it had happened. Nothing like that has happened since. I hope it was a sexy time traveler.

I've had other strange experiences but that is by far the one that stands out.

Last edited:
[SUB][/SUB]
[MENTION=14074]Sinny[/MENTION] I have never seen a shadow person. But vaguely remember stories from a few who have. Those I talked to said it sat on their chest or pushed on it and made it hard to breathe.

[MENTION=14664]dang[/MENTION] awesome thread. I absolutely believe there exist beings and things we cannot comprehend... Spirits or beings from another dimension... Idk.

I know I have posted this experience on here before, but many years ago I was awoken from sleep because I felt someone caressing me. I was on my side and it felt like fingers grazing my side and hip. I was afraid, but then a thought popped into my mind. It was like, "Not to harm, don't be afraid." And I knew it wasn't an evil presence. Then I got up the courage to look at it and as soon as I did, I just saw a figure bathed in silvery greenish light floating away from me until it was gone. It all happened in seconds, but it felt much longer. I had presence of mind to convince myself it was my roommate (which woukd be very creepy for her to do!) And the next day I learned that she was gone on her paper route when it had happened. Nothing like that has happened since. I hope it was a sexy time traveler.

I've had other strange experiences but that is by far the one that stands out.

It was probably just a sexy time traveler. Don't worry about it.

Reactions: acd
[SUB][/SUB]

It was probably just a sexy time traveler. Don't worry about it.

As it happens, I've heard a handful of first hand accounts which are similiar to yours dang.
Most commonly known as Men In Black encounters... which are not strictly limited to 'Men in Black'.

It's nearly 7am here, and I should probably try to sleep.. but I am rather familiar with all that fringe stuff, so if I don't share this morning, I will soon... and finish my post from earlier.

As it happens, I've heard a handful of first hand accounts which are similiar to yours dang.
Most commonly known as Men In Black encounters... which are not strictly limited to 'Men in Black'.

It's nearly 7am here, and I should probably try to sleep.. but I am rather familiar with all that fringe stuff, so if I don't share this morning, I will soon... and finish my post from earlier.

Curious to know if anyone has seen those strange eyes I saw. It was pretty freaky having a long face to face conversation with someone who had snake eyes. Still have no idea if it was merely an isolated hallucination or I was talking to someone really creepy.

I have experienced this.. and it was quite eerie.

I was chatting online with a friend of mine, while having our webcams on. After a while she said saw someone walking through the door in the mirror's reflection. I need to note here that I was home alone. While I read what she had typed, it suddenly got very cold. I was 13 at the time and I almost cried.

Also, I experienced something weird while sleeping. This was 1 year ago. I was having a nightmare, but the weird thing was that it was a dream in a dream? (I know what you're thinking, Inception, lol). Anyways, I was having a nightmare and woke up, at least, I thought. Then I "woke up" again, but apparently I was still dreaming. After this I woke up again because I felt someone lifting the sheets from my body, and as I opened my eyes (for real this time), it felt as if the sheets fell back. As of now I still don't know whether the sheets had really lifted or if this was still incorporated in my dream before I really woke up. But it was definitely strange.

My mother has experienced more stuff like this in our old house. She and my dad often heard something scratching at their bed sheets, my mom first thinking it was my dad and vice versa. But both of them weren't doing anything. My dad also saw a hooded figure climbing the stairs once in the middle of the night, and they often heard footsteps in the attic. The craziest story though, was before my mom and dad were together. This was still in the same house by the way. My mom's first husband had gone to work a few hours before, and my mom was cleaning the house. She had opened the windows in her bedroom for some fresh air, and went downstairs. When she came back several minutes later, suddenly there was a bouquet of flowers on the bed. My mom's first husband was known to be quite a jokester, and at first she thought he had returned from work early and hidden himself somewhere. But he was nowhere to be found and came back home at the usual time, hours later. When she asked him about it, he knew nothing.

That whole street was strange to begin with, though. A lot of people living in the same street got seriously ill or got involved in accidents. Sadly my mom's first husband also died of a illness in that very place. :/

My younger sister also says she feels a certain presence in our new house sometimes.

Several encounters.

One weekend while visiting a friend living in an old home in Jersey City, I became ill, but could not throw up. Another friend suddenly started suffering extreme depression. I was also in a vulnerable state over personal matters, angry. Things progressed and I became the object of an attempted spiritual possession, which I fought instinctively. I won't disclose further detail, but it was very negative, and it had attached itself to me during the ensuing weeks.

About a year and a half ago: A pitch black apparition of a man, torso, head and shoulders. He popped in the basement door where I live. My dog saw him first, and I caught him by his movement in my periphery. It wasn't weird or startling at the time. But it happened. I uttered a "wow". If anything, he felt guilty that he had stepped into my home, a stranger, and maybe embarrassed that I had seen him. That is what I felt from the experience. When I looked at him, he tilted sideways back into the door, and vanished.

Voices in my room, under my ear (below my pillow), and knocks on my wall at night during a period of time when I was openly and willingly channeling spirit energy. This is also during the same few months the apparition came to manifest. Distinctly feminine, all voices.

An orb appearing directly above my face before sleep one night, which I perceive to have been direct communication between the spirit and I over a question or thought I was entertaining in the moment.

My mother's voice yelling my name when in fact she had not done so. This was also during the same time period.

A few months ago, I was drunk and angry. I was open again, channeling; a bad habit when I drink and get lonely. I was standing upright in my living space when I turned to see a pair of red eyes standing approximately two feet above my pillow. I politely asked the entity to leave and respect my space, and it was gone.

Generally, I am respected by spirits, and they understand that I respect them as well. I do communicate with them on very minimal, quantum levels. I am closed off, but I've learned that once you open the doors to the other side, they are well aware, and they may have more of an inclination to communicate with you.

Several encounters.

One weekend while visiting a friend living in an old home in Jersey City, I became ill, but could not throw up. Another friend suddenly started suffering extreme depression. I was also in a vulnerable state over personal matters, angry. Things progressed and I became the object of an attempted spiritual possession, which I fought instinctively. I won't disclose further detail, but it was very negative, and it had attached itself to me during the ensuing weeks.

About a year and a half ago: A pitch black apparition of a man, torso, head and shoulders. He popped in the basement door where I live. My dog saw him first, and I caught him by his movement in my periphery. It wasn't weird or startling at the time. But it happened. I uttered a "wow". If anything, he felt guilty that he had stepped into my home, a stranger, and maybe embarrassed that I had seen him. That is what I felt from the experience. When I looked at him, he tilted sideways back into the door, and vanished.

Voices in my room, under my ear (below my pillow), and knocks on my wall at night during a period of time when I was openly and willingly channeling spirit energy. This is also during the same few months the apparition came to manifest. Distinctly feminine, all voices.

An orb appearing directly above my face before sleep one night, which I perceive to have been direct communication between the spirit and I over a question or thought I was entertaining in the moment.

My mother's voice yelling my name when in fact she had not done so. This was also during the same time period.

A few months ago, I was drunk and angry. I was open again, channeling; a bad habit when I drink and get lonely. I was standing upright in my living space when I turned to see a pair of red eyes standing approximately two feet above my pillow. I politely asked the entity to leave and respect my space, and it was gone.

Generally, I am respected by spirits, and they understand that I respect them as well. I do communicate with them on very minimal, quantum levels. I am closed off, but I've learned that once you open the doors to the other side, they are well aware, and they may have more of an inclination to communicate with you.

If spirits exist, why do some people attract them while others do not? I met a cab driver and he said he had over a dozen clear paranormal experiences including encountering a grunting demon. Why do some people have indisputable paranormal experiences while others never do? I still don't know if I have ever had one or ever will. But I recently met this guy who said he interacted with a ufo while on the beach alone at night. It was very odd. He easily could have had a psychotic break from reality. But I can't be sure either way. What stories do you dismiss, and which accounts do you consider to be real? It can be very challenging to simply dismiss all paranormal accounts, especially when there are multiple witnesses.

Reactions: Bellosome
I have had some "paranormal" experiences, but I'm too sceptical about them to recount them in detail. They would fit into the poltergeist and possessed person categories.

It's hard for me sometimes to differentiate my experiences from what was perhaps hysteria, paranoia or some other form of emotions manifesting themselves into reality in some way or another.

Some very real things that have happened to me, though, are things like encountering The Hat Man and Hooded Figure. I also once saw a cereal box move of its own volition, in a home that I later found out was allegedly haunted.

Other things have happened, but they were a bit more ethereal or disconnected from reality in some sense, such as strong sudden sensations or feelings or slight sounds of tapping or scuttling. I've also known very reputable people who have done full investigations into paranormal activities who were previously huge skeptics of such things so I'm fairly confident that something is occurring in at least some of these situations which holds legitimacy.

I've also had close friends who are atheists and complete skeptics of such things admit that they've had such experiences and believe that something is going on.

The human brains is a piece of meat susceptible to any number of mind altering stimuli.

Perhaps no one wants to go first. I may have had at least one paranormal experience but I am not sure. Once I was alone on the Venice Boardwalk. This was in 2004. I met this dude. He was wearing shades. When he took them off his eyes did not look normal. Like he was wearing contacts. But he wasn't. I never have hallucinated but it is possible it was all in my head. Like a psychic projection or introverted sensation. There are many possible explanations. But now let me describe him. I did not trust him. He felt creepy to me. His eyes looked like snake eyes. As in the pupil was a vertical line as you would see on a cat. Definitely not human. So either it was all in my head and I hallucinated once in my entire waking life, or something else was going on. Some people had told me he may not have actually been human and I could sense it and see it in his eyes. Like his disguise was slipping away. Some have attempted to convince me he was demonically possessed or even an alien. At the time I was freaked out and was really not sure if either I was being crazy or if I indeed saw something that was clearly not visible to others. That was the only time in my life that I have had this type of experience, so you can't merely discount it as me having a psychotic break from reality. My only mental health issues have been anxiety disorders, and they are not psychotic whatsoever. I used to be very skeptical of the paranormal. Now I am more curious. Can anyone shed light on my experience I just described? Have you had a similar event happen to you? How did you react? Please don't call me crazy. If I were I wouldn't be so skeptical in this situation, I would simply believe it without question. What do you think?

I think you could have legitimately met someone who wasn’t necessarily human.
I couldn’t offer you a good explanation, just that there is no reason for you to spontaneously hallucinate (if you are sure they weren’t contacts and he was just some strange old dude in Venice...which isn’t a stretch).

I’m quite certain that the “materialist” POV that there is no soul, no spirit, we are a fantastic computer with inexplicable consciousness and don’t actually posses true free-will is incorrect, it doesn’t sit right with me and never has.
Firstly, why would the brain convince us that we made a choice of our own volition when reductionism tells us the programing is pre-determined and we only have a false sense of free-will...why bother?
Nature is not that inefficient.

I think you could have legitimately met someone who wasn’t necessarily human.
I couldn’t offer you a good explanation, just that there is no reason for you to spontaneously hallucinate (if you are sure they weren’t contacts and he was just some strange old dude in Venice...which isn’t a stretch).

I’m quite certain that the “materialist” POV that there is no soul, no spirit, we are a fantastic computer with inexplicable consciousness and don’t actually posses true free-will is incorrect, it doesn’t sit right with me and never has.
Firstly, why would the brain convince us that we made a choice of our own volition when reductionism tells us the programing is pre-determined and we only have a false sense of free-will...why bother?
Nature is not that inefficient.

He was not wearing contacts. He was very normal looking otherwise. If his eyes really looked the way they appeared to me they were not human. The pupil was a yellow vertical line. I pretended to act like everything was normal but it was not easy. Afterwards I was confused. It was so real I thought I had been talking to someone who was not human. What do you think he could have been? If I was not seeing things I would like to figure out who he was. Once someone told me that there are many people in Venice who are possessed. I have seen some crazy shit there with all the mentally ill homeless people who sleep there. I guess anything could be possible. What do you think?

Reactions: Skarekrow
I thought I did. But then realized it was a dream when I had the same nightmare a few years later. There was another instance where I saw some shadow move through the room. But realized later it was just some kind of power surge making the lights flicker in a distinct pattern. Lol.

FYI there are actual eye malformations that create an effect like this. Not sure if this is what @dang saw, maybe it was the reverse? Like yellow instead of black? At any rate, these things do happen.

attachment.php

Attachments

• coloboma-002.jpg
    coloboma-002.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Bellosome
What makes you think it's an inefficient way of operation? (playing devil's advocate)

Why would our brain (materialist brain no soul), only give the impression of choice when in fact, the supposed “choice” is predetermined and if one could only figure out the pathways you would see that.
Then (according to materialist science) the brain has a sort of false sense of reality it filters you through - that you have free-will and there was an actual choice you could have made, it being written as such. This is not my theory btw...it’s seems awfully assumptive.
So why give us the impression that we are in control when we are not...it would be more efficient to skip that whole part of reality altogether as it oftentimes is responsible for things like cognitive dissonance and the like?

He was not wearing contacts. He was very normal looking otherwise. If his eyes really looked the way they appeared to me they were not human. The pupil was a yellow vertical line. I pretended to act like everything was normal but it was not easy. Afterwards I was confused. It was so real I thought I had been talking to someone who was not human. What do you think he could have been? If I was not seeing things I would like to figure out who he was. Once someone told me that there are many people in Venice who are possessed. I have seen some crazy shit there with all the mentally ill homeless people who sleep there. I guess anything could be possible. What do you think?

My god man....it could have been anything including an alien, an inter dimensional traveller, your guardian angel, a ghost, a possessed person, etc. etc.
If you say his eyes were not contacts then I believe you.