Paranormal Activity? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Paranormal Activity?

I just posted this on a current thread about elves and fairies, should have posted it here, lol

When I was about 9 years old I lived with my grandparents in a house that was over 400 years old. I had clairsentience and clairaudience. e.g. I could feel and hear the presence of ghosts. It was like the feeling that you have when someone is watching you. It was a very strong presence, and I also heard footsteps on the landing. It was an old rectory, and I'm guessing some weird stuff must have gone on there. I have never seen ghosts, just felt and heard them. I was often afraid and tried to use the power of my mind to stop it, and ask them to leave me alone.
Also when I was a teenager I felt a presence behind me (I was lying on my side), and they were poking me in the back.

In the last year I had an experience at work at night time, like an energy rushing towards me, I couldn't see it but it felt like a presence whooshing towards me like a thunder bolt. I was sitting on the sofa and turned around as I felt it but didn't see anything.

I don't know if this is in the same vein, but an experience I have had several times which was quite scary, I think it's called hypnogogic sleep or state or something. I have heard it happens if you wake up in the middle of an out of body experience. I wake up from a nightmare and I'm trying to scream but I'm paralysed and can't move and can't scream.

Last edited:
On a lighter note, what do you think of leprechauns? Are there Irish who really believe in them, or is it more of a joke. Apparently many people in Iceland really believe in fairies. I have met people who claim to have seen elves and fairies in the forest. I myself have never encountered any type of ethereal being. But some people really believe in them. And if a ghost can exist, why couldn't an elf? Maybe LOTR isn't entirely fictional after all.
There is a place in Scotland called the Findhorn Foundation were a spiritual community was funded based on the experiences of 3 people who were meditating and channelling and made connections with nature spirits and such. They were able to grow huge gigantic vegetables, far more large than they should have in the rubbish sandy soil. The 3 were Eileen caddy, Jonathan Caddy and Dorothy McClain. Sorry no link, but I imagine there's lots on the web.

paranormal things have been part of our family's lives since forever, except for my mom. Dad was always followed by spirits wherever he goes -- seeking help.

as a kid, i first started experiencing it when i was about 4.. i grew up with a personal nanny/caretaker who took a vacation to visit her relative in the province. that time i didn't know she was dead, i saw her in our kitchen making me milk. i even talked with her like usual. when i went to my mom's room to tell her that my caretaker is already home, i remember the scared look on my mom's face and told me that it is impossible. so i told her to go to the kitchen. my mom saw the ready made milk and then i pointed to where my caretaker was standing -- to them it was an empty space.. and cried and insisted she is there.. then our stove turned on on its own -- the thing is, the gas tank was closed and the knobs were still pointed to off but it was on. at that moment they all ran (my sisters and mom) and then my nanny disappeared. later they told me that my nanny died a sudden death due to a heart attack. i have loads of experiences that i cannot determine real human from ghosts anymore since they are always just teverywhere. although some looks like a mist or a smoke.. sort of see through but human form nonetheless.

and also...

i have this thing, i don't usually share with people because they may think i'm weird or a psycho.. but.. i know when a family died before we even receive a news. whenever a butterfly always ALWAYS touches me or follows me around, there's always death in the family. at first i didn't want to blame the poor butterflies but then every damn time it never failed. when my dad died at the hospital, i was at home alone, a huge yellow butterfly came out of nowhere, i dreaded to look at my phone, but then my brother called to tell me that dad had died.. i told this to mom, she laughed it off saying i make things up.. but when about a year ago, a huge brown butterfly was inside my room (which is very much closed so i dont know how the heck was it able to go inside) i took a picture and sent it to mom. on that moment, mom called to tell me my uncle died 5mins before i sent the picture of the butterfly. so everytime i see one, i VERY much avoid it like a plague.

I have had several paranormal activities happen. The one that stood out to me the most was after my mom's good friend's husband killed himself. I saw him one evening. He said, "I love you". Obviously a message for his wife because I had only met him a hand full of times. Then he face contorted into the most sad, sorrowful, remoseful expression that I have ever seen. He said "I am sorry." Then I saw my mom's good friend. I was at eye level with a bath tub, completely surrounded in beautiful white tile. I could see her head sticking out from the top of the bath tub.
My mom and I had plans to meet up with her friend the next day. She just bought a new house and she was going to give my mom and me a tour. I decided not to say anything to her because she was still very upset about her husband's death. As she was giving us a tour, we went into the master bathroom and there was the same bathtub that I saw before. My jaw dropped. I decided then that I should tell her. She told me that the master bathroom and the bathtub was one of the reasons she bought that house.

Once I was driving home. I saw a dark thing in the road in from of me. I thought it was a large dog, because it was about that size. When I got closer, it was just a rectangle and it was not solid (I could kind of see through it). It crossed the 4 lane highway in front of me. Awhile later, my husband was helping his friend. A car started to loose control, and it ended up going across the four lanes and hitting a billboard. (I just connected the 4 lane thing as I wrote this.) My husband pulled over. One of the two men in the car died.

Most resently, I saw something in my bedroom. It looked like a shriveled up, old woman with very light skin wearing a black robe. It started from my door and was walking at the foot of my bed, where I was. When it got in front of me, it stopped and pointed at me. Then it walked out of the wall. A few days later, my grandmother died.

Too many tales to tell.
So I'll choose the two most odd ones.

First...I've heard the sound of what I thought was the blades of a hellicopter for most of my life. It puzzled me a long time until I put the idea there that the sound was blades cutting the air. This sound would happen at odd times, usually when younger and upset or anxious. I came home...here where I am now, in Jan 2014. Spring, around April of 2014 I was sitting on the back step drinking a cup of coffee, I had just got up, it was just after daybreak. I was deep in thought about life and where I was headed and I heard that infernal sound of helicopter blades again...and a thought came to me. My heart lept...that sound is not blades, it's Angel Wings beating air!...I felt a rush of knowingness ever since and a renewed sense of confidence and purpose. I'd bet my last breath it's my guardians. ;-)

The other has stumped me many a year...that is until I realized and learned about focal energy.
In town up a road in the hill there was a house. It is an empty, unmown lot now. I was 16. A few...more like 15 of us walked up to this house. Town Legend had it as haunted. This house was 150-some years old. Made of stone. An old farm house. It had been lived in up to about 40 years before that night. We weren't the first to go in there. But, we were the only ones this happened to...One of the townsfolk had purchased it. Gutted the entire inside. There were planks laid at random so a body could walk on the floor joices of the main floor...but once inside you could see down in the basement and all the way up to the rafters on the second floor. This house was so ancient that it still had the gas style lanterns hanging off some of the still standing outer walls. It was a shell of a house. ALL the wiring had been stripped. There was absolutely no electric to this house from the road, and with flashlights was the only way to see after dark. We all went into this house but two (13 of us) the other two stayed outside. Later they told us the only thing they could see was our flashlights, I think we had 4-5 with us, moving around inside the house. Once all 13 of us, (and our ages varried from young to old age 12-18) were inside I don't think it was a full 3 minutes we were in there...EVERY ONE of the gas lights came on at the same time and the inside of that house was bright as daylight! Of course being kids we all panicked and ran out the door. Once the last person (me) was out on the porch the house went dark. The two kids that waited outside for us swore to us the only light they saw was our flashlights moving around, yet every one of us in that house that night saw those gas lights come on. It was spooky to say the least! A few years after that incident a boy fell off one of the planks that lay across the floor and down into the cellar. He was seriously hurt. The owner bulldozed the house and it's been an empty lot since. Been at least 33 years since that night. The owner claims...he built a house across the road...that every once and a while in the dead of night that plot of land glows bright light right in the same spot that house sat. .....Spooky :)