Oral Sex Definition Banned In US School Dictionaries... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Oral Sex Definition Banned In US School Dictionaries...

You are confusing enlightened movements with the prevalent dogma of the day.

What I am saying is that in those days, DESPITE THE GROWTH OF VARIOUS MOVEMENTS against established religious dogma and preaching, the prevalent manner in which children were educated was with a dogmatic and often fearful religious background.

You cannot claim that the demand of morality on pain of hellfire was not abound in those days and it is a return to THOSE days that I am predicting (specifically for the US) in light of events like the banning of the definition of oral sex. I'm not referring to the growth of various enlightened movements of those times at all and it is pointless to bring that up because they were hardly mainstream.

Peguy likes to ignore a lot of relevant stuff in case it interferes with his argument. After all, why be correct when he can be deluded.

I have the solution to this problem!

We should just stop teaching children how to read.

If we did that, then it doesn't matter what books they encounter, because they would not be able to read the objectionable material.

Yay!

Peguy likes to ignore a lot of relevant stuff in case it interferes with his argument. After all, why be correct when he can be deluded.

Be nice. People are entitled to craft their own perception of history.

If we did that, then it doesn't matter what books they encounter, because they would not be able to read the objectionable material.

Yay!
Noooo then how will they read the bible?
I suppose they could have it preached to them.

This reminds me of a great quote by Russell:

"Passive acceptance of the teacher's wisdom is easy to most boys and girls. It involves no effort of independent thought, and seems rational because the teacher knows more than his pupils; it is moreover the way to win the favour of the teacher unless he is a very exceptional man. Yet the habit of passive acceptance is a disastrous one in later life. It causes man to seek and to accept a leader, and to accept as a leader whoever is established in that position."

LOL

You are confusing enlightened movements with the prevalent dogma of the day.
Pietism was a prevelant religious movement of the time, at least in Europe. America had its own counterparts in the Great Awakening, but these aren't considered "Pietist" per se.

Maybe it's good for the kids? To little book worms like myself, banned books were even more elusive. Hell, if the dictionary had been on the list I just might have walked my merry self down to the public library and read the whole thing. I would have learned about oral sex AND masturbation.

^^ Agreed. I was always ahead in reading levels, in fact my librarian loved me and used to let me go pick whatever I wanted to read in the upperclass categories when I was in elementary school. If certain things were banned that's what I went for first. And the public library was like my safe haven. I can still to this day remember exactly what it looked like in my mind and the feeling it gave me to go there.

(and just a little side note knowing that schools are tainting dictionaries makes me feel dirty in side. i have a strong love for them as tools and as a writer i've come to depend on them...i feel like i need a shower. :wink: )

Yay!

Here, here!! Problem solved! Next order of business!?

That's two words, why's it in the dictionary together?

Reactions: INFJesus
Pietism was a prevelant religious movement of the time, at least in Europe. America had its own counterparts in the Great Awakening, but these aren't considered "Pietist" per se.
Okay.

That's two words, why's it in the dictionary together?

A dictionary is a collection of Lexemes, not words. A lexeme can also be a phrase that has a particular meaning.

I'm happy that the Americans are now banning the dictionary. This generation of children at school are going to ensure that Australia rises to the top.