Optimism vs. Pessimism

Sriracha

Not here.
Banned
Jul 14, 2011
MBTI
ISFJ
http://stress.about.com/library/optimismquiz/bl_15optimism_quiz.htm

How do you think optimism and pessimism applies to you?

Your Score: You got 7 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 46 percent.

You're a Pessimist. (Don't Worry, You Can Change...)

I think that sounds about right. I'm not too much of one over the other. The idealism in me makes me optimistic and hopeful ... then reality check creates pessimism. I find it interesting how someone like my husband would be the exact opposite: that reality makes him optimistic and hopeful ... not wanting to think about what "could be."

Your Score: You got 4 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 26 percent.

You got 9 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 60 percent.

this just doesn't seem like a quiz for whether one is an optimist or pessimist - more like a self esteem or selfcenteredness test to me.
anyway, i'm trying to figure out how being more than half on the optimist side makes me a pessimist lol

Reactions: Sriracha
Your Score: You got 7 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 46 percent.

Your Score: You got 12 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 80 percent.

You Could Be More Optimistic (See Resources Below)

10 out of 15, and still a pessimist?

I wonder how they quantify this thing.

11/15
73% optimistic.

I am pretty optimistic.
Too legit to quit.

I got one for being pessimistic because I answered that if I couldn't pay my bills, then I'm not good at managing money and it's a problem.

I think that's realistic.
I would think that, and then I would think: "Wow--so I suck at handling money, but I just need to learn how to budget. I'll straighten this out."
That's pretty optimistic, I think!

Last edited:
Your Score: You got 9 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 60 percent.

Sounds about right, I would say I'm pretty much in the middle.

8/15, but that can change easily. Why? Because I'm a thinkist, someone who is neither optimist nor pessimist. It is akin to the competency harmonic triad in the Enneagram (1s, 3s and 5s). These types are rationalists who know when to be optimistic, and when to be pessimistic. Naturally, with a strong amount of 9, I lean towards optimism and abhor pessimism. For a couple of the questions, I could've been thinking both A and B. A couple of answers were also context dependent. I'm a believer in optimism, and a definite optimistic attitude (which too many people seem to lack), but not in excess, and certainly not to the point of blind optimism.

This is why I don't particularly like optimism/pessimism quizzes. I will almost always fall in the middle being only slightly optimistic because I don't quite lean in either direction. People don't really realize the somewhat neutral state of thinkism (yet).

I'm thinking that the fact that I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about this test to begin with pretty much gives me my answer. :wink:

Your Score: You got 11 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 73 percent.

Your Score: You got 14 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 93 percent.
You're an Optimist! (Find Out Why With The Below Resources)

That's a surprise.

Your Score: You got 8 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 53 percent.

Your Score: You got 8 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 53 percent.

You're a Thinkist. You are neither optimist nor pessimist.

Fixed. Either you're a Thinkist, or you're balanced optimist/pessimist.

That test is officially BS by my standards. Shouldn't 8+/15 be optimist and not pessimist?

Your Score: You got 12 optimistic answers out of 15 questions, for a score of 80 percent.

Heh, I had to stop myself from being influenced by the name of the test. :wink: