Opinions on The Quakers?

j654dgj7

Please delete this account.
Jun 8, 2012
MBTI
XXXX
Cutesy video for those who don't know what there Quakers were and are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJXdICz1nA4

What is your opinion on the Quakers? Do you like them? How do their beliefs correspond to your beliefs/opinions?

I'm asking because I'm super stoked on their beliefs, and am on the verge of jumping into their boat and sailing off into the sunset with them.

Their oats are owned by the rockefellers; i've not eaten them since i found that out

Their oats are owned by the rockefellers; i've not eaten them since i found that out

I meant more in terms of their religion and religious beliefs. Also, Wikipedia tells me that Quaker Oats is owned by PepsiCo, is that not the case? Or is it that the Rockefellers own PepsiCo? I digress.

I highly recommend people read up on the Quakers if you don't know about them. They seem like total badasses.

- Against slavery in the US since 1600-something
- For science and the theory of evolution
- Against violence of all forms, pro-womens rights
- Completely anti-stigma, meant to be a place for people to gather
- Will pledge no alligeance to any country (like Jesus among others said) and never participate in wars
- There is no authority in the church, no ministries. People educate each other.
- One of the only groups that supposedly upheld treaties with the Native Americans. It is a tenant to always be faithful and honest
- etc. etc.!

Quakers are my favorite Christians. In my opinion, they have lived up to Jesus' intended message better than any other subset of the religion.

I realize the tradition has now ramified and produced groups that are mostly atheistic, but Quakerism is historically a Christian movement.

I meant more in terms of their religion and religious beliefs. Also, Wikipedia tells me that Quaker Oats is owned by PepsiCo, is that not the case? Or is it that the Rockefellers own PepsiCo? I digress.

I highly recommend people read up on the Quakers if you don't know about them. They seem like total badasses.

- Against slavery in the US since 1600-something
- For science and the theory of evolution
- Against violence of all forms, pro-womens rights
- Completely anti-stigma, meant to be a place for people to gather
- Will pledge no alligeance to any country (like Jesus among others said) and never participate in wars
- There is no authority in the church, no ministries. People educate each other.
- One of the only groups that supposedly upheld treaties with the Native Americans. It is a tenant to always be faithful and honest
- etc. etc.!

Headquartered in Purchase, New York, with research and development headquarters in Valhalla, New York, PepsiCo's Chairman and CEO is Indra Nooyi.[SUP][51][/SUP] The board of directors is composed of eleven outside directors as of 2010, including Ray Lee Hunt, Shona Brown, Victor Dzau, Arthur C. Martinez, Sharon Percy Rockefeller, Daniel Vasella, Dina Dublon, Ian M. Cook, Alberto Ibargüen, James J. Schiro and Lloyd G. Trotter. Former top executives at PepsiCo include Steven Reinemund, Roger Enrico, D. Wayne Calloway, John Sculley, Michael H. Jordan, Donald M. Kendall, Christopher A. Sinclair and Alfred Steele.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Percy_Rockefeller

[h=1]Sharon Percy Rockefeller[/h] From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sharon Lee Percy
Born December 10, 1944 (age 69)
Oakland, California
OccupationChief executive officer of WETA-TV
Known forFirst lady of West Virginia, 1977-1985
Spouse(s)John Davison Rockefeller IV
(m. 1967—present)
ChildrenJohn Davison Rockefeller V
Valerie Rockefeller
Charles Rockefeller
Justin Aldrich Rockefeller
ParentsCharles Harting Percy
Jeanne Valerie Dickerson
Sharon Lee Percy (born December 10, 1944) is the wife of West Virginia Senator John Davison "Jay" Rockefeller IV and served as that state's First Lady from 1977 to 1985.
She was born in Oakland, California, on December 10, 1944, a twin daughter of Senator Charles Harting Percy (1919—2011) and Jeanne Valerie Dickerson, who died in 1947. She earned a Bachelor's degree at Stanford University and later studied at Morris Harvey College and West Virginia Wesleyan College. Her twin sister Valerie was murdered in 1966 at the family home by a mysterious intruder. Sharon married John Davison "Jay" Rockefeller IV (born 1937) in 1967. He is the son of John Davison Rockefeller III (1906—1978) and Blanchette Ferry Hooker (1909—1992) of the Rockefeller family. She and Jay have four children and six grandchildren.
As First Lady of West Virginia, she promoted the Public Broadcasting Service, helped establish a centralized system to assist mentally handicapped children, and founded Mountain Artisans, a quilting business for low-income artisans. She also campaigned to lower utility costs and to improve care for the elderly. After Jay was elected to the United States Senate in 1985, she became Chief executive officer of WETA-TV in Washington, D.C. She is a former member of the Steering Committee of the Bilderberg Group.[SUP][1][/SUP]
The Rockefellers live in Northwest Washington, DC and retain their permanent residence in Charleston, West Virginia.[SUP][2][/SUP]

So my opinion is DON'T EAT 'QAKER OATS!!!'

Reactions: subwayrider