Opinions of The Matrix Resurrections | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Opinions of The Matrix Resurrections

Quick Synopsis

Warner Bros TM has a successive deal with Epic Games TM to incorporate the Matrix theme into their new Unreal Engine, simulating real life within a virtual world. Warner Bros TM has a request with the Wachowski Bros TM to release a new Matrix movie promoting this incorporated reality. Only one Brother, or Sister accepted the deal; for the sake of taking on the death-choke deal of either losing credibility in the Series or the whole trademark altogether, Lana took the sacrifice to write out the extended story line of the Matrix for this hors-d'oeuvre.

So they released the Matrix 4, Resurrection. It's 4th and 5th walling throughout the story by taking on both the reality of the current Matrix. Where they cover the future of mankind in the sci-fi story (beyond Zion), the future of the Matrix (the new architect - the Analyst) and the future of mankind - Neo and Trinity.

There won't be a Matrix 5. There will be a Matrix Universe though - Matrix Awakens. Game on!
It is worth a rewatch though, maybe a 4th or 5th time, from Lana's perspective.

The story of the matrix ended with the 3rd movie, it should be an open ending for the sake of the story. The story of resurrection covers the original take of the Wachowski's in regards to where our society would evolve to when incorporated with the digital world but from a near-present perspective. And it's a personal take on how we have taken our bioses with our media devices, for better or worse.

Reactions: aeon and Wyote
Matrix Awakens

There was talk of NFT skins/avatars etc. for the game at one point and also an Animatrix sequel.
All we've got at this point is a small demo type game.

Hard to know if any of it will come to fruition at this point.
I do think there is still a lot of life to the franchise if they somehow regain people's interest.
Resurrections fully sets up the move to an online world which could generate a lot of new content through many different mediums.

There was talk of NFT skins/avatars etc. for the game at one point and also an Animatrix sequel.
All we've got at this point is a small demo type game.

Hard to know if any of it will come to fruition at this point.
I do think there is still a lot of life to the franchise if they somehow regain people's interest.
Resurrections fully sets up the move to an online world which could generate a lot of new content through many different mediums.

I did not know about the NFT skins, interesting. It is more or less a summed IP release now though on the Matrix concept. The Matrix in its bare minimum sort of speak.
The conceptual creation of the "complete" virtual world, or the philosophy rather of the Matrix universe; I got the impression both the sisters have abandoned the idea, not in the sense of the concept itself but rather the sense of provisioning of the narrative. The Unreal 5 engine provides everything to create this universe, right. But without the soul of the concept, I don't think it will fruition more beyond a technical presentation.

Meta; give or take; is the first wide-scale approach (there have been attempts with VR Chat, 2nd life, etc.) to invest into a virtual projection of one-self commercially. That is, at least, their aim. In an ironical sense that attempt is more of an actual attempt of the matrix recreation than what WB is giving us.

Reactions: aeon and dragulagu

I loved this. ❤️

Both for what it said, but also because it said it so distilled in just over six minutes. It got on with it—pipe to the temple, no chaser. No faffing about. Just the meaty bit—with salt.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Wyote
I loved this. ❤️

Both for what it said, but also because it said it so distilled in just over six minutes. It got on with it—pipe to the temple, no chaser. No faffing about. Just the meaty bit—with salt.

Cheers,
Ian

Glad you got something out of it :)
The second half is mainly why I posted it but it's all connected.
This is a piece of things I've tried to describe about Resurrections, but like you I appreciated the no fuss succinctness of it.

Reactions: aeon

The critical drinker has many videos distilling a lot of these issues as well.

WHY DINT TURNADAY REMEMBER MIIIIPSER ABMERSIMB???!?

From the discussion in this thread I think there were far too many layers for my feeble mind to dig through. I only vaguely remembered watching it and don’t remember how it ended so I probably gave up and did something else.

The first movie blew my mind and I thought it stood well enough alone.

WHY DINT TURNADAY REMEMBER MIIIIPSER ABMERSIMB???!?

From the discussion in this thread I think there were far too many layers for my feeble mind to dig through. I only vaguely remembered watching it and don’t remember how it ended so I probably gave up and did something else.

The first movie blew my mind and I thought it stood well enough alone.

Basically just
a0NM3yZ_460s.jpg

Reactions: aeon and Sloe Djinn