Opinions of The Matrix Resurrections | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Opinions of The Matrix Resurrections

One of the biggest scenes in the movie is when Neil Patrick Harris says to Neo and Trinity people just want the same recycled junk, they don't want freedom.

After which Neo and Trinity laughed at him, humiliated him in his own domain (after having proved him wrong in a big way earlier), and then went off to go do the thing he said was impossible.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Was gonna say this as a reply to someone, but in thinking about it it's more of a blanket reply.

1. It's not a meta-commentary on how bad the Matrix is, it's a meta-commentary on where, if not necessarily "good", at least "impactful" or "influential" art comes from--in the view of the film, artistic passion, put in opposition to the idea of "art rules". I don't necessarily agree with this (I can think of examples like Rick and Morty for art that rigidly follows rules and wasn't necessarily the creator's passion, though it might be, but is really good), but I can think of stuff like Twilight or even the Star Wars prequels that might qualify as impactful art without the formulas followed, and of course everyone thinks their particular artistic standards are the artistic standards, which is why you get so many people attacking plot holes and tone in art when neither of those things necessarily matter.

2. Trinity doesn't represent women, she represents art, particularly art made with passion behind it. Neo doesn't have his full power without Trinity not because of some female empowerment narrative, but because without his passion for the thing he's created, the art just isn't the same. She's his muse, and until he risks everything for his muse, he can't tap fully into his talent. The reason she develops the full power first (Neo is shown flying around too in the final scene) is as a representation of the art taking on a life of its own independent of the creator, as the creator realizes things about the characters, plot, and so on that take it in a different direction from what the creator envisioned, and as fans are inspired by what they see and make art of their own based off of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze and Enso
After which Neo and Trinity laughed at him, humiliated him in his own domain (after having proved him wrong in a big way earlier), and then went off to go do the thing he said was impossible.

Depends how you want to interpret it as a non binary.

Matrix 2:
Morpheus: You know why we are here
Merovingian: The question is do you know why you are here.

Matrix 4:
Bugs: The choice is an illusion

Resolving binaries doesn't create choice, it creates no choice, for binary to exist non-binary has to exist. Literally nothing changes. Paint the sky with rainbows all you like, humans will at some point be drawn back to binaries again. The features that created free will will now be resolved as a by-product of neo-trin. Keep thumbing down the rabbit hole, the defining features of neo and trinity now no longer exist and so neither do neo-trin according to post-modernism.

To be honest I'm just trying to sound smart.
I'll check myself out of the discussion, do go on.

Last edited:
Keep thumbing down the rabbit hole, the defining features of neo and trinity now no longer exist and so neither do neo-trin.

To be honest I'm just trying to sound smart.

I think this is a pretty good point though. Perhaps in the next iteration of the matrix it would make the most sense to have it be like a sandbox game for everyone.
The anomaly code is still imprinted on neo-trin-smith and it would be interesting to see how that may essentially be like outdated code itself. Or maybe not.

Reactions: Jexocuha and Gaze
Well aware of the bible rip-offs/ simulacra and simulation. Could you explain it like I'm 5 in regards to the recent matrix resurrections, what religious themes did you get form it/ conclusions / what does it mean for pop culture.

I didn't dig too deep unfortunately, as I was hesitant to even watch it initially when Fishbourne wasn't in it, and I'm 100% not watching it again. But I will probably watch 1 and 2 because, Fish.

This is the one thing reddit is good at when you're looking for analysis in reference to something people enjoy.

But the major illustrations I got, I've posted already, but here's another:

Blue Pill - Matrix 1 = A suppressant for Millennials in a Boomer world
Blue Pill - Matrix 4 = A suppressant for Zoomers in a Millennial world

Red Pill - Matrix 1 = An escape into the Millennial world from the Boomer perspective
Red Pill - Matrix 4 = An escape into the Zoomer world from the Millennial perspective

As much as I hate the divide in generation, 10 years is a generation so it's needed. And Zoomers are soft as cake. Most of em.

hahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha.hahhahahaaahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha.hahhahahaaahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha.hahhahahaaahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha.hahhahahaaahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Looks like I got a reaction. You're lazy, you didn't type this out, you copy and pasted after the first period. I'm sure someone would pay money for your reaction though. We do live in a society.

Next, Matrix 5, is just Matrix 2 with Trinity as the focus.

Neo will be there, Side-Kick woke young and hip Agent Smith-now-finally-an enemy will be there too, but we know who we're really there for.

The real new neo, ...wtf was her name.. *google search* Bugs. Good o'l Bugs Bunny. Big chungus.

The meta of it will get thick and surrealistic with even more superhero movie references.

Then, it'll turn in on itself, hopefully with big chungus doing a new version of the Bullet Time time thing to save the day.
------

Also... what that man was not in the movie. They used photos and videos of him. Absolutely, ridiculous.
upload_2021-12-30_20-53-37.png

Looks like I got a reaction. You're lazy, you didn't type this out, you copy and pasted after the first period. I'm sure someone would pay money for your reaction though. We do live in a society.

First, you walked in and condescendingly suggested that the intelligent and deep people of the forum do not understand the new Matrix. For the record, @Wyote probably understands this franchise better than anyone who wasn't involved with writing it. Next, you accused me, a professional artist*, of not understanding that art is subjective. You lectured me on the Maurizio Cattelan piece I referenced. Again condescending tone, as if the people of the forum do not understand art. I reacted how I did because how else could I react to this? Now you are calling me names. Are you trying to troll, or are genuinely oblivious to how you come across to people?

*Of course, how would you know I'm an artist? My playful reply would have filled you in, though.

First, you walked in and condescendingly suggested that the intelligent and deep people of the forum do not understand the new Matrix. For the record, @Wyote probably understands this franchise better than anyone who wasn't involved with writing it. Next, you accused me, a professional artist*, of not understanding that art is subjective. You lectured me on the Maurizio Cattelan piece I referenced. Again condescending tone, as if the people of the forum do not understand art. I reacted how I did because how else could I react to this? Now you are calling me names. Are you trying to troll, or are genuinely oblivious to how you come across to people?

*Of course, how would you know I'm an artist? My playful reply would have filled you in, though.

You're an artist because of the tone you took. Not hard to piece together. Also, tone is subjective online.

Kinda walked right into that one, artist.

This whole thread is an art piece trying to analyze another's art piece. You DID copy and paste that and you won't admit it, ridiculousness.

Ridiculous just like the The Matrix Resurrections™. At least I'm keeping to the theme here.

Fun Fact: I too, am an artist. A clothing designer, actually.

-----------

That aside,

If I had the rate the movie from 1 to 10,

1 being a piss take on the original series with it's woke-counter culture, and rehashed netflix-like series potential ending and,

10 being good for it's underlying narratives about the current cinema experience and the bait and switch a la Metal Gear Solid 2 with subverting people's expectations

I'd give it a 5. It didn't do anything for anybody. Just raised more questions instead of answering them, something Matrix 1 did as a series introduction, and as a one of of itself, stand alone movie.

People either loved the first one, or hated it, this was just kinda.. sits there, awkwardly while you watch it.

I saw it. I wish I had rewatched the previous films first recently so that I could note the progression. I think it was cool to see the meta-references. I don't think the film was meant to reinvent the wheel. It likely reinforced the messages from the previous film but just updated the references and made it more current. I like the Alice in Wonderland feel. I am still not sold on the "real world" where Niobe rules as a general. I think it did lose some of the mystery of navigating the world of illusion. However, they killed it with the Neo-Trinity scenes. Those were epic as they should be.

I think it's sad to see a creator forced to make a sequel to a series that they had considered to be already complete just for some corporate profits. I approve of this 2+ hour shitpost that was made in protest of Warner brothers.

Yes, the blue haired, blue sunglasses girl. Blue pill. Ironic? Unironic? Still follows there.

Alright I just got it, I'm proper slow. I feel like I've just took on Lana Wichowski's predicament of being forced to make a movie whether she has good material or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jexocuha and Kgal
I liked Bugs, and the Neo-Trinity build-up. But it felt like they tried too hard to bring back old favorite characters.

I'm about as interested to watch it, as I'm interested in re-watching the second or third movies.

There's no appeal in watching additions to a series that had already gone too long.

Give me something original to watch.

My sense is that Neo/Reeves doesn't think it's his job to reinvent the story. He is leaving that to the next generation of actors, artists, graphic designers, fighters, activists, computer engineers, philosophers, writers, etc. Alice knows Wonderland is not the real world. She just needs other people to see it but she needs literally neo- language and images to reveal it. That's where the new generations come in.

On a separate note, I think they gave in to overdoing the action just to show off the skills of the new, younger leads but it was overkill. It didn't advance the plot. Too showy. My favorite part was they aged Neo. I like his seasoned persona. I like how he observes and takes things in.

I liked it, it was a fun movie.

As for it being symbolic on the directors transition from M2F, I think it's interesting that the change process relates to many people including conspiracy theorists. I wonder if there is a Change Management book based on the Matrix. The process itself seems to be almost universal.

As I watched it, I felt like I was watching two movies. One was a rehashed action movie for the general population. The other was an extended metaphor for detransition that very few cisgender people would understand. Some of the references in that metaphor were obvious (such as the attack helicopters scene), but others are more open to interpretation. I really enjoyed the first half of the movie, but it went downhill later on.

I also noticed several members of the cast of Sense8 made it into the movie. I would have preferred a third season of that over this.

Hi,

(Spoiler alert & Edited because I've kinda changed my opinion already)

If you haven't seen it I think this $20 remade version is better.

"You seem particularly triggered, you little snowflake..." LMAO....

Reactions: Enso
Here(above post), we see a man that is in love. Yet, he cannot have what he wants or who he wants to fulfill this love. He has done what the woman he loves told him to do: just run. He is confused and without. Yet, he was just doing what Jennie told him to do. Years pass, and he is tired. Although he did everything he could think of, Jennie just ran. Here we see that love is just a word, in a sense.

In Zion, people are standing like Forrest. Why are they trying to be killed and done away with? Love with actions start working together to help save them. Neo offers his life to stop the assault on...love; "Despicable" people. I see Bible all over the place in the Matrix. There is no greater love, than for one to offer his life for others.

upload_2022-1-12_18-55-4.png

God is love.