One major misunderstanding people have about you irl? | INFJ Forum

One major misunderstanding people have about you irl?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, what is that one major misunderstanding people have about you irl?

Last edited:
So, what is that one major misunderstanding people have about you?

Sorry res, I think you should add some options like in what field?

For example, people can have major misunderstanding related to my emotional matters. Just i need some simplifications.

Sorry res, I think you should add some options like in what field?

For example, people can have major misunderstanding related to my emotional matters. Just i need some simplifications.

Whatever comes to mind is fine. :)

for online or real life?

People assume I am stuck up...I'm aware of this so I try to smile more and its so hard to smile when its not genuine. That's what comes to mind first, but mostly people misunderstand everything about me.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
1. If I argue a point vehmently, people think I actually hold that position.

2. If circumstances require that I make cold decisions, people think I don't care deeply about the consequences.

Yes, you made your question more clear. Now i can answer.

People make misunderstanding with my transparent personality because it needs understanding. I am glad my friends asks me and makes the thing clear. :)

People assume I am stuck up...I'm aware of this so I try to smile more and its so hard to smile when its not genuine. That's what comes to mind first, but mostly people misunderstand everything about me.

Yeah. It's annoying, isn't it? :D

They think I'm a very cold, self-absorbed person, when in reality I'm just shy and don't like to impose myself.

My facial features contribute to that perception, if that test was any indicator.

Reactions: kita
That I'm cold and unsympathetic. Truth is, I block it off a lot of times in order to keep it under control.

Last edited:
That, just because I'm flirting with someone, that I want to date them.
That, just because I say an idea, doesn't mean I'm going to follow through with it.'

People think I'm angry or mad when I'm just passionate (like when I'm talking and stuff). I often don't feel mad at all.

There are TONS more, seriously. People think I'm unpredictable, crazy, and mysterious..:m046:

Yeah. It's annoying, isn't it? :D

Yes it is, alot of people rub me the wrong way. And if I'm in a bad mood I can't hide it...I feel like I turned down alot of good possible friends etc. because of this. There is very few people who get me and if they do its because of years of work, haha. Except on here I connect with alot of people : )

1) People think that I don't care about anyone else nor their feelings. (Friends know better though)

2) I'm arrogant (Don't know about this one. Some people just tend to think I know everything or that I think I know everything. My friends tend to see me as the resourceful and knowledgeable kid, some people who don't know me think that I think I know everything.)

3. People used to get a gay vibe from me, actually. Now people tend to think I'm just really confident in myself.

4. People tend to think I'm really flirtatious and great with women. Usually, I'm only flirtatious (overtly) with women I don't know and don't particularly care to know after the night is over. I'm good with women because I was born into a family of women. I don't tend to sexually flirt with women though. Gotta work on that.

That I'm some kind of misanthrope.

This too.

Even some people who don't smile at least move their mouth around as though they're just thinking about something or are bored, etc., but I don't even do that. My face is like cement, lol.

Last edited:
I think some people think I don't like them because I don't talk to them much.

It's not that I don't like them, I just don't have anything to say!

That I nag people, when I just pointing out facts. I feel guilty and misunderstood then, maybe I am just being rude and my speech is not very empathetic, more like aspergers or something.
That I am stuck up, when I am just being insecure and a bit shy.
That I don't like someone, whe I am just overwhelmed and need some space
(especially with my fav ESTJ at work :m100:).