[INFJ] - On MBTI types | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] On MBTI types

I really have no problems with any type of person so long as they don't harm people. I have more trouble finding my own place in the world. Intuitives seem to be the only type that speak my language, however, this is not to say they want to speak to me. The more 'myself' I am with people, the more they're afraid of me I think. :(. Maybe I just worry too much and overthink about silly things. But seriously, there is not one MBTI type I don't like. Every person is as open or closed as they want to be. There are healthy awesome people in all MBTI types. Even with Fi users (though with Fi, I need in person time because they're often sensitive and misread me).
I don't know if this will help you...but I'll tell you in short my story, with regard to the problem of self.
I was convinced that I was "fundamentally different" for my peers. I was so self-conscious about this that sometimes I would think my head will explode from such pressure and overthinking. I mean, it was all so real in my head. Sometimes, I couldn't even think clearly when discussing with a person because I was worried how different I may appear to them, and what they will think of me.
To me it helped me that I come to the following conclusion: every person is a individual, that experience and thinks different toward their own self. The experience, the consciosness of each soul is entirely subjective, and this is the beauty of every person. Actually, that's what makes a person to really be a person, its underlying subjectivity. So coming to know this, I understood that every person is a person, every person is different, with their own set of experiences and there is just "subjectivity" involved in this.

There is not one "objective" person. Everybody is different, everybody is original, even the people that may appear simple and stupid. Each person hides within their own self a rich story, full of originality and beauty, that is true and filled with meaning only for them, not for me. This is the nature of being a person. Like someone said "I never met a simple person in all my life".

So seeing it in this angle, I sudenly understood that I'm no more "fundamentally different" than any other person in this world. Yes, maybe I am different because I believe some "of-beats" things, or because I dress in a certain way, or act in a certain way. But this is just different, which is normal, is not "fundamentally different". I mean, I now know that I am a human too, and not a alien or something :)
So knowing this, sudenly the "I'm fundamentally different" way of seeing things disappear. And instead on focusing on differences, I focus on similarities, which is much more rewarding in my experience.
Hope you won't find what I said unrelatable or silly. Hope it helps. Cheers :D

I don't know if this will help you...but I'll tell you in short my story, with regard to the problem of self.
I was convinced that I was "fundamentally different" for my peers. I was so self-conscious about this that sometimes I would think my head will explode from such pressure and overthinking. I mean, it was all so real in my head. Sometimes, I couldn't even think clearly when discussing with a person because I was worried how different I may appear to them, and what they will think of me.
To me it helped me that I come to the following conclusion: every person is a individual, that experience and thinks different toward their own self. The experience, the consciosness of each soul is entirely subjective, and this is the beauty of every person. Actually, that's what makes a person to really be a person, its underlying subjectivity. So coming to know this, I understood that every person is a person, every person is different, with their own set of experiences and there is just "subjectivity" involved in this.

There is not one "objective" person. Everybody is different, everybody is original, even the people that may appear simple and stupid. Each person hides within their own self a rich story, full of originality and beauty, that is true and filled with meaning only for them, not for me. This is the nature of being a person. Like someone said "I never met a simple person in all my life".

So seeing it in this angle, I sudenly understood that I'm no more "fundamentally different" than any other person in this world. Yes, maybe I am different because I believe some "of-beats" things, or because I dress in a certain way, or act in a certain way. But this is just different, which is normal, is not "fundamentally different". I mean, I now know that I am a human too, and not a alien or something :)
So knowing this, sudenly the "I'm fundamentally different" way of seeing things disappear. And instead on focusing on differences, I focus on similarities, which is much more rewarding in my experience.
Hope you won't find what I said unrelatable or silly. Hope it helps. Cheers :D

This is a good perspective and to some extent I suppose is a problem for me. But I'm more speaking of something else. I read people very well and get to know people very well (deeply) and I don't mean to nor at times do I want to. But if I want to I absolutely do more so. I guess, what I'm trying to say is, I sometimes will speak my mind (without the wall so to speak) and I think I freak people out. I've been told more times in my life about it and it's not good. The weird part is, I actually had to admit to myself recently that I am not as self aware of my inner world as I thought. I had a good convo with my closest friend and to be honest (she's infp) and if we weren't friends, there is no way I'd be where I am health wise today. At one point in our relationship, I was gonna door slam her. I knew her SO well and I just was tired of being patient. She came to my house like a raven lunatic ranting on about how dare I! etc. I was LIVID at the time but seriously the BEST thing anyone has ever done for me. She stood up to me and to this day has no idea why or how she did because it was out of character for her. Anyways, I told her my reasons after we verbally duked it out enough for her to simmer down. She understood and started working on her shit to keep me as a friend and in turn, I had to as well. Essentially, when I get close to people, my patience inevitably wears out and I start to bitch. But that's not okay. And then if I open up and take my time saying my piece, they typically walk away. Not because they hate me (or at least I don't think they do deep down). But because it's just TOO MUCH. I'm just TOO much. TOO intense. TOO deep. And just TOO fucking intense. It's like everyone's lightbulb blows a fuse with me. And I realize this is just me being a baby about it. And the fact is, I have to seriously consider why I am like this way. WHY must I know so much?! I can seriously walk into a room and just know shit about people. NOT PSYCHIC!!! ... I just read body language unreal well. And the tone of voice. And word usage. Patterns. Etc. It's just years of information in my head ya know ... so it's rare you meet people who don't do the "usual" thing. It's sooo rare that I meet people who aren't as "caged" by themselves. And this does NOT mean I haven't been caged myself. On the contrary. It's as if I only am able to see my inner world through people and their reaction to me. And so, my very own blind spot is me. How weird. And so I know people so deeply but no one ever returns the favor. It's just a buzz kill. Plus. Know. I'm still in a limbo before life moves on. Which is to say, I've too much time to overthink which is NOT good. So I think I'm placing much too much Fe emphasis on things that don't need that emphasis. But because I live in a cloud of "stuff" in my head, I can't see. :p

None of this probably made any sense. I'm sorry. I never seem to get the right words lately anyhow. I need a translator fish like in hitchhikers guide.

I think they were called "babble fish". ... yeah. I need one of those.

ESTJs

Here is a very typical ESTJ male look:cold, emotionless, practical. This guy is Sven Ole Thorsen.
SvenOleThorsen.jpgSven-ole-thorsen-0.jpgMV5BMTYzNTU1OTY1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYyOTUwOA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
My per from work is a ESTJ.
Work is one word that describe them. They are very focused on their work.
Contrary to their sometimes scary appearence, especially for people who are not used with them, these guys respect authority and rules, unlike ESTPs or sometimes ENTJs. They are hard working and disciplinated, conventional, strict with themselfs, with a strong sense of practical purpose. Rarely you'll find them in a office, and this is not because they are not capable, but because they don't like that kind of job. They must "feel" they do something with their hands.

They are very confident, they have almost a irrational confidence, robotic, doubt-less confidence, especially where they know they can handle things. In the areas where they don't know anything, they will humbly accept it and be prepared to learn.
They are never dominering over others, or act and play the bully, like ESTPs are prone to. They are pretty simple people actually, with goals that they want to reach, working toward them very organised.

Last edited:
Mitt Romney is a ESTJ.
[video=youtube;j_eEGUorUsc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_eEGUorUsc[/video]

A good friend of mine is an ESTJ. He's a contractor and he is working on my house a couple of days of week to renovate it so we can sell it. He absolutely amazes me with how he gets things done. I hardly have to say anything to him and he figures out the things that need doing. He is so no-nonsense and gets work done quickly and efficiently like nobody else I've ever seen. He never asks me for anything, he just finds what he needs around our house and garage (which is a disaster area). He's also the primary caregiver for his two sons because he has more flexibility in his schedule than his wife does. He's also a great cook.

I think he's great but I do feel sorry for his wife sometimes. He doesn't consider her wishes at all in anything. He has thrown out heirloom family pieces of hers because he thought they were useless. When they went on a family road trip he wouldn't stop anywhere she wanted because he felt that that would be a waste of time. And of course the stuff she would like done around the house doesn't get done because he's always fixing everybody else's house.

I think to decide that you don't like a specific type based on a few interactions or even growing up with someone of that type is ludicrous. People are people, everyone is different and just because one or a few people with the same type treated you badly doesnt mean every person of that type is that way! Love, Love, Love!!!

A good friend of mine is an ESTJ. He's a contractor and he is working on my house a couple of days of week to renovate it so we can sell it. He absolutely amazes me with how he gets things done. I hardly have to say anything to him and he figures out the things that need doing. He is so no-nonsense and gets work done quickly and efficiently like nobody else I've ever seen. He never asks me for anything, he just finds what he needs around our house and garage (which is a disaster area). He's also the primary caregiver for his two sons because he has more flexibility in his schedule than his wife does. He's also a great cook.

I think he's great but I do feel sorry for his wife sometimes. He doesn't consider her wishes at all in anything. He has thrown out heirloom family pieces of hers because he thought they were useless. When they went on a family road trip he wouldn't stop anywhere she wanted because he felt that that would be a waste of time. And of course the stuff she would like done around the house doesn't get done because he's always fixing everybody else's house.
Yes, they are very good. Their Te makes wonder, very organised, practical and fast-paced. I like them alot.
There is a joke around that its very possible that a ESTJ would invent the army, or the "Work will set you free" Nazi slogan...possibly true.

Hitler...was a INFJ or not?
"There is no question but that Hitler belongs in the category of the truly mystic medicine man. As
somebody commented about him at the last Nürnberg party congress, since the time of
Mohammed nothing like it has been seen in this world. His body does not suggest strength. The
outstanding characteristic of his physiognomy is its dreamy look. I was especially struck by that
when I saw pictures taken of him in the Czechoslovakian crisis; there was in his eyes the look of
a seer. This markedly mystic characteristic of Hitler's is what makes him do things which seem
to us illogical, inexplicable, and unreasonable. ... So you see, Hitler is a medicine man, a spiritual
vessel, a demideityor, even better, a myth." Carl Jung on Adolf Hitler

Abraham Licoln, one of my favorites and personal hero. I would love to live at the time when this man lived. He was INFJ also, which is just perfect:p

His eyes are just incredible.

I read that he was a formidable presence, a strange mix between a introvert an a extrovert, which many times failed before he would become a president, a very good and unique sense of humor, many self-doubts yet self-confident, incredibly insightful and wise. At a young age people would think of him as a father, he was very caring and affectionate, yet strong and firm.

Attachments

• abraham_lincoln_november_1863.jpg
    abraham_lincoln_november_1863.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I find that quite interesting. Mainly the ESTJs I've met have been the opposite, warm, friendly and sort of looks after everyone to make certain they are ok. Also it takes awhile for ESTJs and ENTJs to open up their emotions to people and they don't like to have their emotions on display all the time, because it looks manipulative and insincere.

I actually find ISFJ men quite cold and emotionless, a bit like humanoid robots but without the INTP curiosity. Of course my experience is probably coloured by my interactions with them. Perhaps with other types, they can act differently.

This guy is INFJ. (I'm not completly sure)
[video=youtube;SbY_It5CXok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbY_It5CXok[/video]

Madonna - ESTP
Barbara Walters - ESTP
Hillary Clinton - ESTP
Kristanna Loken - ESTP
Lena Headey - ESTP
Bill Clinton - ENFP???
JF Kennedy - I think he was a INFJ; but I'm not sure, he might be a INFP

Keira Knightley - ENFP

Here is a nice INFJ male, Abhishek Bachchan. Ladies, watch out!
[video=youtube;wWaha8yhGRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWaha8yhGRE[/video]

Madonna - ESTP
Barbara Walters - ESTP
Hillary Clinton - ESTP
Kristanna Loken - ESTP
Lena Headey - ESTP
Bill Clinton - ENFP???
JF Kennedy - I think he was a INFJ; but I'm not sure, he might be a INFP

Keira Knightley - ENFP

Wow so I can tell you now I apparently am not a big fan of ESTPs.

Thats not right. But....she has stayed with him so, not a lot of sympathy for her.

Thats not right. But....she has stayed with him so, not a lot of sympathy for her.

No, it's not right but she has her own faults and he does all the cooking and cleaning, so maybe it equals out for them.

Hillary Clinton is definitely not an ESTP. She is clearly a TJ type. I would have guessed ENTJ, except that I recall reading something which quoted her as saying that she took the official MBTI test and knows herself to be an INTJ.