[INFJ] - On MBTI types | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] On MBTI types

LucyJr

Aug 10, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
So... I was thinking to write my experiences on MBTI types. I love people, I love to discover about them, I want to understand them, feel about them and so on.
This are not descriptions in any objective sense, it's just my experience and how I see types, and just sharing my opinions. Moreover, this is not intended for criticism at all, although I'll write about weaknesses too.
So please, if I am wrong somewhere, which will happen, be kind with me, don't harsh me to badly...but correct me :). And also it would be great if you guys could drop some thoughts on the table :)

ESTPs
I love those guys. My interactions with this type was mostly with males ESTP. For some odd reason, which I'll try to explain, they like INFJs very much, although we have completely opposite cognitive functions.

They have a very contradictory personality. Based on how they look, you would be tempted to think they are not so smart, at a first glance. This is due to their childish appearence when they are in „stand-by” mode. Their eyes have a certain innocence about them too, which in time can be very disturbing, especially when you see them as your enemy. They walk confidently, cat-like, with a almost-elegant strike to them, at least when they are young. They have a laid-back and cool attitude. Some of them are more quiet, while some of them are very talkative.
They have an incredible amount of influence between people. They almost always manage to change/mark a room in a relative short time. They have to „mark” anything in their way.They are charming, but not in a feeling/sentimental fashion like ENFJs, nor in a „enthusiastic” ENFP way , instead they bring that „volitional freshness” vibe along with them. It’s like they always „will - pressure” people, and I don’t mean that they manipulate people, although many of them do it, and then combine that with their crazy practical humor and, to some of them, a fine irony. So, what I’m trying to say here, is that they have a unique and certain vibe with them, which is very attractive.

Speaking of feelings, they can be very sentimental and emotional sometimes. I had the luck to catch this part of them on my brother and two other ESTPs friend. When they do this, they are so sincere and naive and...protecting, that you are completly blown away by this side of them. It is this side that makes them a bit of romantic. The though guy who never gives up, sudenly buys flowers to his girlfriend and brings it with a very sincere, naive smile. All this time you could see an emotional glow in their eyes, which is so rare. Needless to say, those little gestures of them makes them more attractive in the eyes of their partener.

Perhaps what is puzzling me most at this type is their „gut-sensing-feeling” quality that they have about them. Like INFJs, they have this sort of „guts” too, but in a sensing kind of way. I think this is happening due to their strong based Se interaction. While INFJs have „guts” of spontaneity in a metaphysical challenge, ESTPs have these „guts” in a very practical sense.

And this is what makes them so smart, because they always improvise. They always find a quick way to resolve things. If you get agressive with them, they’ll respond without a blink, with a harshly smart remark. It’s so fast sometimes it gives the impression that they don’t even think what to say.
One thing I’ve noticed about them is that they very hard try to hide their weaknesses. If they aren’t good in one area, they’ll try to hide it, rather then recognise it. They must keep that „in control” appearence, and they’re afraid of loose it. However, they’ll usually conquer their weaknesses in that specifically area. They’ll start off without knowing anything but still give the impression that they know it, and after some time they will compesate by actually really master the area.

I will talk about some of their weaknesses now...
ESTPs are not comfortable with abstract reasoning. When they are faced with that, they make a humble face, or some of them, a contemptuous face. However, if someone knows how to catch and hold their attention, they will listen like a child, and eventually throw a bad remark-while they actually listening-just to assure the world that they are not impreessed by those things.
They are prone to became narcissists. They like to be in the center of attention all the time, to feel that they have power over the events.

They easily manipulate most people, in a very direct style of manipulation. They are really good at notice people weaknesses and inferiority complexs, and they will use it in their own advantage.
Although they do have some sort of code of honor in their own way (like for example, they are never hypocrites) most of the times they do very abject and despicable things. But they very much know that and try to hide this from the world. This is one of the reason they will behave nice with INFJs. Because an INFJ will probably see through their fake, and will tell them something like this: "You know, I know what you are doing and I think is just scurvy and dirty. You wouldn't expect to impress me with this, are you?" And they'll probably really really hate when they hear that, because they know is true.
to be continued...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5r6jhd
ENTPS

These people are my type of people to hang around with and have fun. In my experience, ENTPs love to banter and they delight in clever turns of phrase or unexpected insights. When you’re with an ENTP, you’re more in a mind-space. It’s not a grounded, practical experience of who, what, where, but more of a how, maybe, what if rollercoaster of tangents. These people live at the extremes and they love to play devil’s advocate. Just because they say or point something out doesn’t necessarily mean they’re committing to the idea—they’re just taking it for a test drive.

I appreciate it because I myself do the exact same thing. ENFPs and ENTPS are guided by an understanding of a system that we intuitively grasp but cannot solidly conceptualize until we have drawn out the possibilities. Only when the ideas are drawn out on the proverbial whiteboard are we able to connect the dots and internalize how we think and feel about it. A lot of people don’t understand that and often end up taking things personally when they really should not. Even when it seems like we’re getting riled about something, it does not mean it is personal. Enthusiasm is just the default of Ne dominant. We talk and talk and talk and it seems like we’re totally involved... until something distracts us and we forget about it in the next minute.

The reason I like ENTPs so much is because I appreciate their optimism and I feel safe discussing hypothetical ideas without them automatically trying to assign an idea or value to my person. They understand the separation of `me`and `things I think about`and `things I actually believe.` I can get silly and then serious with ENTPs and neither of us bats an eyelash at the sometimes bizarre subject matter we venture into.

However, on a personal level, I do find it is quite hard to get close to an ENTP because their goals and their life philosophies often come into conflict with that of a typical feeler. I know, because I dated an ENTP for several years and I got to see all the interesting in`s and out`s of the way these types operate and compare them to my other ENTP co-workers and former teammates.

For instance, we ENFPs sometimes get carried away with a topic and then catch ourselves and apologize if we have hurt someones feelings. ENTPs rarely pay that any mind. And sometimes, depending on the individual, they are not really all that oblivious at all and might even get a kick out of doing it on purpose!

But its not their fault. As a rule, ENTPs like to experiment with boundaries. Its not anything personal to them, because they are just testing a system. Social relationships are a type of system to them and just like with any theory they entertain, they will dismantle it and take a look at the sum of its parts to try and understand how all the parts move together without getting too deeply involved. They often look at people in terms of their utility and have a rather disturbing ability to turn off their feelings in order to do what needs to be done.

ENTPs are perfectly aware of how charming they come across and they can be pretty damn SMOOTH if you do not know their tells. While they like a good ego-stroke every once in a while, generally, they do not depend on others for self-validation. Social rejection does not bother them nearly as much as being actually incompetent or unable to solve problem.

Indeed, the first thing on an ENTPs priority list is self-improvement. They like looking for ways in furthering their own goals and intellectual interests that typically focus on expansion and innovation. While they’re not as organized or efficient as their TJ counterparts, they do have an exceptional level of stick-to-it-ness that their INTP cousins typically lack. They don’t shy away from conflict. In fact, they will even sometimes deliberately seek it out. If you have an ENTP repeatedly trying to engage you in a debate, take it as a compliment. They see you as an intellectual equal and worthy sparring partner.

Then again, they may also just enjoy proving you wrong

There is nothing more than an ENTP loves more than being right. They can be quite competitive. If you play a game with an ENTP, you can bet they are aiming to win even if it does not seem like they care. They are REALLY good at concealing their intentions. Games and strategy are an enjoyable past time for them.... so long as they are winning. If they are not, they will obsess and obsess until they figure out a way to beat you or at least make your victory look meaningless.

ENTPs have a very gregarious personality but they rarely get personal and talk about themselves. They are quite adept at playing the role of the laidback, easy-going person who everyone knows of but doesn`t know personally. Like I said before, it is very rare to get to know an ENTP on a personal level as they very rarely open up about themselves. On one hand, this is because they dont like having their bellies exposed and potentially open to having people to see any of their weakness. On the other, its because they genuinely do not spend time thinking about their thoughts and feelings.

Don’t expect a self-reflecting, self-effacing personality if you are lucky enough to get close to an ENTP. They don’t do the self-inventory thing and they’re largely unaware of their psychological blind spots. This can be quite frustrating to more conscientious, introspective types. Some ENTPs may muster up the patience to hear you out about your emotional and personal issues, but generally, they have very little tolerance for things that illogical or inconsistent with their style of thinking. While they do enjoy discussing philosophy, they are not exactly the most open-minded individuals when it comes to things of a metaphysical or spiritual nature. They might discuss these ideas with you, but do not be offended if they turn around and come up with reasons why you are wrong to believe any of it. Their first instinct is always to dismantle an idea and examine it for consistency. ENTPs who have gotten proficient in using their tertiary Fe are a little bit better at catching themselves and knowing when its appropriate to delve into a discussion, but for the most part, they do not understand how people can take things like belief systems so personally. If something is incorrect, they figure they are doing you a favour in showing you why it is... even if they have to resort to more subtle persuasion tactics.

As friends, ENTPs are good for a laugh and are extremely entertaining. It is never a dull moment with an ENTP around, even if they are keeping a straight face. They are masters of irony and hyperbole and their comedic timing and delivery is usually impeccable. They like to tease and make people laugh and think, and they are good people to go to if you have a practical problem that needs solving, but they aren’t the compassionate type. Generally, ENTPs won’t go out of their way to do things for just anyone. Unless you’re somebody special or they need you owing them a favour, you should not count on ENTPs being the first ones at your sickbed. They will get around to you eventually, of course, because while they are not bursting with empathy, they are not assholes either, but it is important to note that most ENTPs have a certain set of priorities and their relationships are not typically at the top of them.

In general, I would caution more sensitive and relationship-oriented types not to expect more from the ENTP than the ENTP can offer. While on one hand, ENTPs may express a desire for stability, on the other, they get bored easily. They need constant stimulation to keep their motor running and for all their occasional bouts into nostalgia and skips down sentimentality lane, they prefer new and exciting over old and mundane.

ENTPs are naturally excited by that which is unconquerable and unpredictable and they will obsess over it until they can call it their own. This makes them great problem solvers and teammates, but sometimes very poor friends. Unless they perceive you as a challenge or a continual source of fresh stimulation, you probably will find maintaining contact with an ENTP rather inconsistent. They frequently like to go off and do their own thing for long periods of time and then show up again weeks or months later without an explanation. Whenever they get caught up in an idea or person, they often do it to the exclusion of everything and everyone else while they throw their entire person into whatever has their attention at the time. To a degree, I relate to this as well and it is not something that bothers me personally as much as I often see it bothering other people, so I thought I would mention it and reassure anyone reading this that swinging from hot and on to suddenly cool and off is completely normal for Ne dominants (and sometimes Ne-auxiliaries as well).

Any way, to sum up, ENTPS are wicked balls of energy and in my experience, they are exceptionally intelligent and charming individuals that really know how to work a room. Still, despite appearances, they are predominantly idea-people rather than people-people and they live more in their head than outside of it in the real world. As long as you understand this, and the other weird, sometimes abrasive-seeming ENTP behaviour, it may save some unnecessary confusion later.

Last edited:
Speaking of feelings, they can be very sentimental and emotional sometimes. I had the luck to catch this part of them on my brother and two other ESTPs friend. When they do this, they are so sincere and naive and...protecting, that you are completly blown away by this side of them. It is this side that makes them a bit of romantic. The though guy who never gives up, sudenly buys flowers to his girlfriend and brings it with a very sincere, naive smile. All this time you could see an emotional glow in their eyes, which is so rare. Needless to say, those little gestures of them makes them more attractive in the eyes of their partener.

That is the exact opposite of my experience with ESTP. I have been married to one for over 20 years. 'Very sincere and naive' is nothing I've experienced with him. He's not naive in any way, he's actually very calculating and manipulates people for his own entertainment. He himself has admitted that he doesn't believe he feels things like others do. He is not emotional at all. The only emotions he feels are happiness or anger, never sadness or any form of what I would consider real empathy. He will pretend to have empathy to manipulate people to get what he wants out of them. He's a charmer and will pretend to be whatever he needs to be to reach whatever goal he has, or just for fun.

That is the exact opposite of my experience with ESTP. I have been married to one for over 20 years. 'Very sincere and naive' is nothing I've experienced with him. He's not naive in any way, he's actually very calculating and manipulates people for his own entertainment. He himself has admitted that he doesn't believe he feels things like others do. He is not emotional at all. The only emotions he feels are happiness or anger, never sadness or any form of what I would consider real empathy. He will pretend to have empathy to manipulate people to get what he wants out of them. He's a charmer and will pretend to be whatever he needs to be to reach whatever goal he has, or just for fun.

First of all, I'm really sory for your experience with ESTPs, especially with this man you had been in such a long relationship.

Yes, you are right,most of ESTPs do manipulate people. Their style of manipulation is direct, cruel and "for fun" like you said. I dind't touch that in my "article" because I will still add to it, because I'm really busy doing stuffs and so on. But seriously, I will write about their weaknesses too.

My ESTPs friends are good guys though...They have sometimes this tendency to play people in their own interest, but they will take on the good path after a while...
So, what I am trying to say is that not all ESTPs are manipulating people...Most of them do it, but there are exceptions, which is very important. I personally think it is very important how a person is growing. If an ESTP for example, has a strong moral code as a child, guidace from his parents and so on, he will not manipulate people when he'll be an adult.

Speaking of manipulation, ESTPs style of manipulation is not even closely as dangerous as INFJ or ENFJ style. If you have the bad luck to be manipulated by one of these two, you will be played as if nothing is happening and everything is normal. Intuitive types, and especially Ni types, can do this much better if they want it.

Speaking of manipulation, ESTPs style of manipulation is not even closely as dangerous as INFJ or ENFJ style. If you have the bad luck to be manipulated by one of these two, you will be played as if nothing is happening and everything is normal. Intuitive types, and especially Ni types, can do this much better if they want it.

I don't really think of myself as manipulative but I guess I would be good at it if I wanted to, but I don't. I don't know if I know any ENFJs.

There are definitly some really good qualities to ESTPs. I just don't think considering anybody else's feelings is one of them.

On the positive side my ESTP husband is absolutly amazing in an emergency situation. He was in a serious accident where his leg was all mangled up. I heard that everyone else around was losing their heads and he stayed calm and directed them. He is also an extremely hard worker and dedicated to doing an excellent job. I have also noticed that he can be extremely loyal to his friends. I think they're the ones he finds the most entertaining and that's why he keeps them around and will do just about anything for them.

I recently figured out his approach to people and asked him if it was accurate. He agreed that this is exactly how he is - to him, people have to either be entertaining in themselves or if they are not entertaining he will find a away to create some entertainment for himself by either manipulating them or making fun of them for his own enjoyment.

I don't really think of myself as manipulative but I guess I would be good at it if I wanted to, but I don't. I don't know if I know any ENFJs.

There are definitly some really good qualities to ESTPs. I just don't think considering anybody else's feelings is one of them.

On the positive side my ESTP husband is absolutly amazing in an emergency situation. He was in a serious accident where his leg was all mangled up. I heard that everyone else around was losing their heads and he stayed calm and directed them. He is also an extremely hard worker and dedicated to doing an excellent job. I have also noticed that he can be extremely loyal to his friends. I think they're the ones he finds the most entertaining and that's why he keeps them around and will do just about anything for them.
Yes, that's what I was trying to say. They have natural strenghts which are not natural to others. And yes, they have natural weaknesses too, and one of them is the tendency to manipulate people. But from my understanding, this is clsoely related to the values of one person. In the Enneagram, ESTPs are 3s or 8s. Even if they are 8s, at the most fundamental level they are still 3s. So their greatest fear is fear of being unworthy. This fear is the basis of all their manipulative actions. Because they think if they'll be weak, then they will be unworthy.
I recently figured out his approach to people and asked him if it was accurate. He agreed that this is exactly how he is - to him, people have to either be entertaining in themselves or if they are not entertaining he will find a away to create some entertainment for himself by either manipulating them or making fun of them for his own enjoyment.
I don't want to sound smart or something, but I think he lies. He just say this to project fear on people. To keep his robot-bad boy image. Everyone feels naturally, some to a lesser and others to a greater extent.

In the Enneagram, ESTPs are 3s or 8s.

I believe my husband is a 7 with an 8 wing.
I'm not sure about the 'unworthy' part, althoug I do sometimes think that his making fun of others and criticism is compensating for some type of low self-esteem. He has told me that he fears 'looking stupid'. He also fears being bored.

He has said that he thinks he's a psychopath because he doesn't feel empathy. He's defintily not a psychopath. He's not to that degree but I do think he has some strong narcicistic tendencies, although I don't think it's to the point of being a diagnosable mental illness. I realize that these traits are not necessarily common ESTP traits. Although, both him and I agree that the ESTP descriptions fit him very well. He thought MBTI sounded really stupid until he took the test and read the description of the ESTP. He was really shocked at how well it described him.

Ultimately though, having fun and excitement in his life seems to be his priority. His version of fun and excitement is not the same as everybody's but it works for him. He likes to be on the edge of danger as much as possible, especially in his work, and he has admitted to starting fights just because he was bored and thought it would be funny.

Any thoughts on ISTP?

I think that my 20 year old son might be an ISTP but I'm not 100% sure.

The thing that throws me off is that I could have sworn that he was an extrovert when he was younger. He seemed to really like people and was not shy at all. He was also a little adventurer with no fear at all.

Now though he sees himself as an introvert. He has only a few friends and doesn't have much of a social life. He also has anxiety and has had depression so sometimes I wonder if he could be an extrovert who is affected by his anxiety and depression. He's definitly not an ESTP though.

I believe my husband is a 7 with an 8 wing.
I'm not sure about the 'unworthy' part, althoug I do sometimes think that his making fun of others and criticism is compensating for some type of low self-esteem. He has told me that he fears 'looking stupid'. He also fears being bored.

He has said that he thinks he's a psychopath because he doesn't feel empathy. He's defintily not a psychopath. He's not to that degree but I do think he has some strong narcicistic tendencies, although I don't think it's to the point of being a diagnosable mental illness. I realize that these traits are not necessarily common ESTP traits. Although, both him and I agree that the ESTP descriptions fit him very well. He thought MBTI sounded really stupid until he took the test and read the description of the ESTP. He was really shocked at how well it described him.

Ultimately though, having fun and excitement in his life seems to be his priority. His version of fun and excitement is not the same as everybody's but it works for him. He likes to be on the edge of danger as much as possible, especially in his work, and he has admitted to starting fights just because he was bored and thought it would be funny.
Hmm...interesting. If he's an ESTP I still think he is for surely and 3 or an 8.
Ultimately, it's all nailed down to this: what is what he desires at the most fundamental level; power, to feel succes and to feel in control over other people or he is an enthusiast: just wants to live life to its fullest. But if he's a 7 (enthusiast), it's kind of pointless to manipulate people and make it a priority. Instead if he'll be a 3 (power), then it's all make sense: he manipulate people to feel that he is better by watching others squirm, which usually all 3s are prone to this weakness, and then of course he has to have "fun" doing all this, if he will not have fun people would probably think he is a looser and so on...
Anyway, this is just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Any thoughts on ISTP?

I think that my 20 year old son might be an ISTP but I'm not 100% sure.

The thing that throws me off is that I could have sworn that he was an extrovert when he was younger. He seemed to really like people and was not shy at all. He was also a little adventurer with no fear at all.

Now though he sees himself as an introvert. He has only a few friends and doesn't have much of a social life. He also has anxiety and has had depression so sometimes I wonder if he could be an extrovert who is affected by his anxiety and depression. He's definitly not an ESTP though.
Honestly, I don't know any ISTP personally, so I can't tell exactly. One guy at the high school was surely an ISTP... they are like ESTPs but much more equilibrated... but again, I don't know any of them personally to say something for sure : )

ENFJs

Appearence:

Those one are quite tricky. They can be really disturbing in appearence. They look like feelers, but many types look like that. However, I think there is actually one "evidence" that points to them being ENFJ.

It's that they experience melancholy.They are the philosophical extrovert. If you stay with them for some times you'll probably see an easy melancholy in their eyes. Along with melancholy, you can see in them a certain sadness at some of them only. It's not a heavy, depressive sadness, it's a "philosopical sadness". It's when they are thinking at the meaning of things and so on. Their secondary Ni is responsable for this appearence. So, if they are extroverts and have melancholy, they are your ENFJ probably.

Other thing would be the way they move. They walk elegantly, but still have something unnatural to their walk. It's like they are being indecisive, fixed on something yet still try to move elegantly.
Their eyes are a mix between emotion and a bit of depthness. Sometimes, you can see an emotional intensity in them that channels through like electricity, and then release to its initial state. I personally love their eyes.
To be continued...

I know a man that look exactly like this guy in the picture, he has a kind of piercing and determined look in his eyes. Classic ESTP.
fl_002.jpg

Marilyn Monroe was an INFJ. Watch carefully her eyes...contemplative, dreamy, intelligent, gentle and full of elegance in all her movements. Also she give a impression of a child, a romantic musement sometimes, just like ESTPs. Of course, not all INFJs have that, but I've noticing some do.
[video=youtube;Y5s4M5Kx6yI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5s4M5Kx6yI[/video]

Reactions: Gaze
First of all, I'm really sory for your experience with ESTPs, especially with this man you had been in such a long relationship.

Yes, you are right,most of ESTPs do manipulate people. Their style of manipulation is direct, cruel and "for fun" like you said. I dind't touch that in my "article" because I will still add to it, because I'm really busy doing stuffs and so on. But seriously, I will write about their weaknesses too.

My ESTPs friends are good guys though...They have sometimes this tendency to play people in their own interest, but they will take on the good path after a while...
So, what I am trying to say is that not all ESTPs are manipulating people...Most of them do it, but there are exceptions, which is very important. I personally think it is very important how a person is growing. If an ESTP for example, has a strong moral code as a child, guidace from his parents and so on, he will not manipulate people when he'll be an adult.

I really don't like ESTPs, especially the two in my life who created chaos because of their lies. One of them I thought was a friend, but he lied to get his own way, and stole from me at every opportunity. He never really thought he was doing wrong, he had no guilt at all.
I'm not saying all ESTPs are like this but that's my experience.
For viewers of Supernatural, isn't Dean ESTP and Sam INFJ?

So what I'm getting from this is that ESTPs are wannabe badass loners who are big time opportunists and use and manipulate people for their own entertainment.
Hmmm....sounds like a narcissist!

INFP's

I have had bad responses to a wide array of types, but out of all of them, I think INFP's can get under my skin more than any other. INTP's would be a close second, but I'll focus on INFP's. One of my closest friends is an INFP so I can actually get along with them really well. However, he's unique in that he's a pretty direct/aggressive person, which most INFP's are not at all. I'm largely speaking of undeveloped or poorly adjusted INFP's here, again there are some INFP's that I adore :D.

It's hard to get down what it is about them that can bother me. A huge part though, is I have met several that come across as being very meek, timid, unsure of themselves, afraid of any form of confrontation. Yet, under the surface, they actually think really highly of themselves, and have very strong opinions on everything. They just try and come across as not being that way and keeping it to themselves. This mix can create a very passive aggressive persona which is one of the worst traits a person could have if you ask me. I have a really hard time tolerating timidity, but by and large I can understand why someone might be that way. As long as concerted effort is put into working around it (even if they fail), that's fine and fair. However, when it is ignored and they just keep with the status I can't stand it. One of the guys who works in the same group as me is an INFP and I can not stand him at all. I actually had to sit down with my boss a few times last year to vent and have him relax me a bit so I didn't snap at him. I am able to keep myself civil around him in short doses, and I make a point to stay far away from as much as possible, and usually we don't interact. A few weeks ago during a meeting we all entered a room and he was late, again. He is ALWAYS late, and even after being told multiple times he needs to be on time, he doesn't change. This is a pattern I have noticed with some INFP's. They do something wrong, and you can tell by looking at them that they know it, regret it, and try to slink a way in a "oh don't hurt me please!" kind of way. You tell them to stop, they'll nod or acknowledge and... nothing changes. They just suffer through the scolding, feel that they are ultimate the ones who are right, and aren't going to change because how they feel ultimately is what is more important, the only follow their own internal rules.

Anyway, the only chair left is next to where my boss was going to sit. He looks around and visibly gets neverous and doesn't want to sit there. People laugh, and he tries to sit on the side of the room on the floor. I had it and I said to him "*name* for godsake just sit in the damn chair next to *boss*. He isn't going to bite, and there's no reason to be scared of it." He just stared at me like a deer in the headlights, and I had to repeat myself. Eventually he sat in it, really uncomfrotable, but when another chair was brought in, he lept out of it as fast as he could and went all the way on the other side of the room. I dropped my head on the desk in frustration. He's been here for a year and a half now and these meek patters aren't changing. If he wasn't so goddamn smart I am sure he'd of been kicked out. But for the love of god. GROW. A. SPINE.

Spinelessness like that drives me absolutely crazy. I am really intollerant to it and I very often speak up if someone is being like that. It's a common trait I have seen in a lot of INFP's. Look, I understand being intimidated. It sucks, but we have to deal every now and again. At least try, don't run away with your tail between your legs. It's pathetic, and I don't have the patients for it. If it's clear your trying, great! I'll respect that. If not? Nope, I am not having it. I know the way I treat folks like that is not the way to encourage them to change. But, in my experience, they won't change. It's a typical pattern. So, I am going to vent my frustration if they are going to be like that.

/rant. Feels good to rattle off a rant every now and again :D.

So what I'm getting from this is that ESTPs are wannabe badass loners who are big time opportunists and use and manipulate people for their own entertainment.
Hmmm....sounds like a narcissist!
I hope you don't get what you say from my posts, because I don't see them like that.

INFP's

I have had bad responses to a wide array of types, but out of all of them, I think INFP's can get under my skin more than any other. INTP's would be a close second, but I'll focus on INFP's. One of my closest friends is an INFP so I can actually get along with them really well. However, he's unique in that he's a pretty direct/aggressive person, which most INFP's are not at all. I'm largely speaking of undeveloped or poorly adjusted INFP's here, again there are some INFP's that I adore :D.

It's hard to get down what it is about them that can bother me. A huge part though, is I have met several that come across as being very meek, timid, unsure of themselves, afraid of any form of confrontation. Yet, under the surface, they actually think really highly of themselves, and have very strong opinions on everything. They just try and come across as not being that way and keeping it to themselves. This mix can create a very passive aggressive persona which is one of the worst traits a person could have if you ask me. I have a really hard time tolerating timidity, but by and large I can understand why someone might be that way. As long as concerted effort is put into working around it (even if they fail), that's fine and fair. However, when it is ignored and they just keep with the status I can't stand it. One of the guys who works in the same group as me is an INFP and I can not stand him at all. I actually had to sit down with my boss a few times last year to vent and have him relax me a bit so I didn't snap at him. I am able to keep myself civil around him in short doses, and I make a point to stay far away from as much as possible, and usually we don't interact. A few weeks ago during a meeting we all entered a room and he was late, again. He is ALWAYS late, and even after being told multiple times he needs to be on time, he doesn't change. This is a pattern I have noticed with some INFP's. They do something wrong, and you can tell by looking at them that they know it, regret it, and try to slink a way in a "oh don't hurt me please!" kind of way. You tell them to stop, they'll nod or acknowledge and... nothing changes. They just suffer through the scolding, feel that they are ultimate the ones who are right, and aren't going to change because how they feel ultimately is what is more important, the only follow their own internal rules.

Anyway, the only chair left is next to where my boss was going to sit. He looks around and visibly gets neverous and doesn't want to sit there. People laugh, and he tries to sit on the side of the room on the floor. I had it and I said to him "*name* for godsake just sit in the damn chair next to *boss*. He isn't going to bite, and there's no reason to be scared of it." He just stared at me like a deer in the headlights, and I had to repeat myself. Eventually he sat in it, really uncomfrotable, but when another chair was brought in, he lept out of it as fast as he could and went all the way on the other side of the room. I dropped my head on the desk in frustration. He's been here for a year and a half now and these meek patters aren't changing. If he wasn't so goddamn smart I am sure he'd of been kicked out. But for the love of god. GROW. A. SPINE.

Spinelessness like that drives me absolutely crazy. I am really intollerant to it and I very often speak up if someone is being like that. It's a common trait I have seen in a lot of INFP's. Look, I understand being intimidated. It sucks, but we have to deal every now and again. At least try, don't run away with your tail between your legs. It's pathetic, and I don't have the patients for it. If it's clear your trying, great! I'll respect that. If not? Nope, I am not having it. I know the way I treat folks like that is not the way to encourage them to change. But, in my experience, they won't change. It's a typical pattern. So, I am going to vent my frustration if they are going to be like that.

/rant. Feels good to rattle off a rant every now and again :D.

INFPs girls make me melt:m075:. They are very sweet and feminine. I haven't met a INFP guy yet.

I really don't like ESTPs, especially the two in my life who created chaos because of their lies. One of them I thought was a friend, but he lied to get his own way, and stole from me at every opportunity. He never really thought he was doing wrong, he had no guilt at all.
I'm not saying all ESTPs are like this but that's my experience.
For viewers of Supernatural, isn't Dean ESTP and Sam INFJ?
It depends. A type is not inherently bad, or good. People make decisions and chooses in their life. Some ESTPs are bad guys, some are really good guys.

I really have no problems with any type of person so long as they don't harm people. I have more trouble finding my own place in the world. Intuitives seem to be the only type that speak my language, however, this is not to say they want to speak to me. The more 'myself' I am with people, the more they're afraid of me I think. :(. Maybe I just worry too much and overthink about silly things. But seriously, there is not one MBTI type I don't like. Every person is as open or closed as they want to be. There are healthy awesome people in all MBTI types. Even with Fi users (though with Fi, I need in person time because they're often sensitive and misread me).