[INFJ] - On MBTI types | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] On MBTI types

Whydoes Ni, as a functon in itself has the potential to create a dangerous habit or vice, namely fantasy and idealising almost everything?
This is true for both INFJs and INTJs.

Because the nature of Ni is "global", it has a universal, global turn of mind. Plus, its the element of time, where the Ni users has almost a atemporal experience.

So very often, Ni users have a tendecy to consider the world a play world, a kind of huge field with toys to play around. People move, children run, images flash into the psyche moving, sounds sound, cars are moving and airplanes are flying, rain is falling down...its a huge spectacle, a huge diversity, so many information, perceived to its fullness by Ni.
So in the midst of all this spectacle, there is a tendency to superficiality, to transform it everything into a play ground, to turn it all into a fantasy, to miss the very essence of it, to CONFUSE the real world with the power of imagination, to FEED of illusions, to find meaning in illusions and images, to make the fantasy richer, bigger and more heart-breaking...
Its like a drug, a drug of imagination. Its everything mental, a kind of mental mapping of experience.

If this becomes a strong habit, everything changes...because everythting is perceived superficialy, and is not judged profoundly.

You coulnd't be more wrong

Things are analysed and seen from multiple perspectives and then 'judged' according to how beneficial or harmful they are to people

There are many people worrying only about their own little world and their own troubles but INFJ's are more likely to look beyond themselves and consider what is good for everyone

There's nothing 'superficial' about it...it is a complex and deeply reflected on process

As usual you have done INFJ's a grave mis-service

You coulnd't be more wrong

Things are analysed and seen from multiple perspectives and then 'judged' according to how beneficial or harmful they are to people

There are many people worrying only about their own little world and their own troubles but INFJ's are more likely to look beyond themselves and consider what is good for everyone

There's nothing 'superficial' about it...it is a complex and deeply reflected on process

As usual you have done INFJ's a grave mis-service

That is the problem within all your argumentation.
The typical INFJ does not know what is good even for himself, and how can he know what is good for everybody?
The typical INFJ thinks he knows what is good for himself, but he does not.

[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]
I'm not talking shit...I know what I am talking. I've learned it on my own skin.
I find it hard to prove it to you step by step, but maybe when I'll have time in a couple of days, we could talk more, at least trying to show you what is all this anti-INFJ crusade on my part, and why its not something to be taked lightly.

@muir
I'm not talking shit...I know what I am talking. I've learned it on my own skin.
I find it hard to prove it to you step by step, but maybe when I'll have time in a couple of days, we could talk more, at least trying to show you what is all this anti-INFJ crusade on my part, and why its not something to be taked lightly.

I don't doubt that you are abserving something...i'm not saying you are talking shit

What i am saying is that what you are observing is relating to something different than what others here are talking about

So for example people are disagreeing with the things you are saying about MBTI INFJ's and that is from what they have learned on their skin (whatever that saying means)

Here are two INFJs, very healthy and in a pretty good direction with their lives.
First is the first lady (or the first "man", as many do like to say), Michelle Obama. I'm 100% on her being INFJ.
Here are some reasons:
-her eyes, if you watch closely, are "zoned out" and "zoned in" constantly; she is sometimes as if she looks "trough" the person or camera, and then sudenly cooming to reality, grounded; that is the sole mark of Ni, especialy if its very frequently;
-her manner of expression shows strong Fe: very expressive and annimated;
-also with regard to Fe, she sometimes "evoke" a strong empatheticaly warm vibe from her, as if she understand all and listen to all what the person is saying in front of her: this is the mark of strong Fe, and especialy of INFJs;

-and the most sure sign of her being a INFJ, is that she acts and tries like she is a responsible person, that does have a conscience, but in reality, as I like to say it, her head is empty, completly clueless; she does not have any weight of conscience to her, the sure mark of all the Beta group in Socionics, and in her case, of INFJs; but what is even more funny is that she tries and even believes that she has that weight to her (goodly intentioned) that conscious people have, but in reality she doesn't have it; (who knows, maybe is she is persistent in her good intentions she will become what she imagines to be: this I could only hope for her);

[video=youtube;bCGUIgJ5L6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCGUIgJ5L6I[/video]

And this guy with his cool smile, mr 50 Cent, is also a INFJ, pretty much for the same reasons as I outlined for Michelle Obama, beaside the 'responsible attitude" of course (he tries to look like a punk, completly in the opposite direction);

[video=youtube;AbkOWi_vDAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbkOWi_vDAU[/video]

Jake Gyllenhal is another INFJ. A pretty rare type, with strong Ti (my type). notice sometimes when he "falls" in the "contemplative and introspective mode": eyes "zoned out", face looking down thoughtful, and in some interviews, I've seen him in a characteristical purposeless attitude, while contemplating "lost" at something;
Also sometihing else that indicates his logical capacity(from a visual standpoint, speaking of logical sense :): unlike most of INFJs who have "waterful" eyes, as if their eyes are not "fixed", this guy has a pretty fixed stare, concentrated and composed;

Notice how introspective and philosophical he is, explaining things with his hands gesticulating like a pupetter (mark of Ti), what he "sees" in his own imagination, the mark of Ni. Also very afable and sweet, very emotional and somehow very introverted.

[video=youtube;RbRNZR6p39A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbRNZR6p39A[/video]

And another INFJ famous person, mr Bill O'Reilly:

[video=youtube;tlzRR_dm0G8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlzRR_dm0G8[/video]

Here is the guy in a very INFJ pose, with very emotional eyes.

oreilly.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of INFJs like Michelle Obama who are falsely and laughable typed on internet as ESTJs, the actor Tommy Lee Jones is also wrongly typed as a ESTJ...guess what, he is actually a INFJ. He has kind of the same style as Michelle Obama, when there isn't actualy any "old wisdom" to him:

[video=youtube;WQqCSU8wRA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQqCSU8wRA8[/video]

Now compare him to this guy, a real ESTJ, Roger Moore, the Te subtype. that man looks like he is set in stones.

[video=youtube;5BcBb74FC_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BcBb74FC_Q[/video]

The difference between the Te subtype and Si subtype of ESTJs (Rick Perry is the Si subtype, while Roger Moore is the Te subtype):
-the Si subtype can be intimidated and taken by surprise, while the te subtype can not be intimidated;
-the Si subtype is more sociable and friendly, but also more silly, sometimes given to chidish boasting and infectious arguments that never end;
-the Te subtype is serious, can have very few friends but for a very long time(even for life); not inclined to jokes for the sake of them, only as to a mean for something else; like I said, they can not be intimidated or discouraged by almost nothing; they are always prepared and never taken by surprise; when they take a stance, their position is absolutely determined, and allow no compromises;

Here are tow young dudes, both ENTJs. The first one is Jeb Corliss, the famous base jumper. He is the Te subtype.
Watch how his eyes get "zoned out" constantly, looking blankly somewhere in space, with no particular direction or point.
Secondly, watch the "madness" of his overall manner of speaking and even in his eyes, he has a kind of "fire" in his eyes at times, the mark of strong, always impatient Te.

[video=youtube;oB7nX-FT1Gs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB7nX-FT1Gs[/video]

Secondly, here is a ENTJ the Ni subtype, a guy from youtube called John P Morgan. Watch how "soft" he seems compared to the Te subtype, he has a kind of romanticism and practicality in his overall persona.

[video=youtube;Z5vQnFkl_XU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5vQnFkl_XU&list=UUAFP2bl9nnwzZaillDMCd4Q[/video]

Here is a INFJ young guy, the Ni going toward Fe subtype. This is a pretty rare variant, very charming and with a rich range of fine emotions.
I call this type of INFJs "the sentimental player". Those kind of charmers were all over in history, in many important places.

[video=youtube;TrTk7BLFvsg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrTk7BLFvsg[/video]

The first girl which he kisses is a ISTP girl.

Althought very charming and pleasant to be around, notice how dumb and superficial the guy is. No many how many girls he kiss, its always the same reaction in him, the same emotions, the same joy, because for him everything is a romance, evertything plays the role of a fantasy in his head. I doubt that he will ever grow up.

Harrison Ford is a INFJ actor. I had a feeling about him (I've observed he does have that typical INFJ meditative and introspective look), but still I was not quite certain, right until tonight when I saw a romantic movie with him, and I've observed a very warm and Fe vibe he gives, just full of warmth and good will, and I said: "That's it. That's INFJ right there!"

[video=youtube;SjqaTHPHrxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjqaTHPHrxI[/video]

Note: in Star Wars, he plays along with Carrie Fisher, who is another INFJ actress. The difference between the two is that she is the Fe subtype, the pleasant and emotional INFJ, while he is the "melancholic" INFJ, the hard, intense, philosophical, with a pretty good development of Ti typical INFJ.

Here is another video with Harrison Ford. I have to admit it, he looks pretty good, I like him.

[video=youtube;7T0vs9gYydo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T0vs9gYydo[/video]

[video=youtube;8IyVwEoWw4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IyVwEoWw4w[/video]

That Connan guy is also a INFJ.

Conan is not INFJ. Nope, I can see Harrison as INFJ, but not Conan.

So, what is the whole job about Beta group?
Im talking about Estps, Istps, Enfjs and Infjs.
Those are super-humans, unlike other types. Each of them has a tremedous capacity to read people's internal emotional states, which gives them a extraordinary strategic capacity.
This group belongs to the revolutionaries, the conquerors, the rulers, the people who were not afraid to go against the establish order, the crazy philosophers with diverse philosophies, the political geniuses, and altogether, the 'great people'.

Let's make something clear from the beginning: those four types naturaly lack a well developed conscience. Its not that they are immoral or sociopaths...its just that they are ...sinners among other sinners, or to be more correct, they are the last of the sinners.

There is something fiery and deadly in those four types: starting from the self controled ESTPs and ISTPs, to the lyrical inclinations of INFJs and ENFJs: people who can go at any extremes, no matter what, to accomplish a given end. There is a tenacity, a fiercesness, a stuborness in their character, with a great pride, and alot of vanity.
Huge egos, each of those four types. Like really huge egos.

The Alpha group is doing thier job: they are discoverers and explorers, people with a dignity of thier own. The Delta groupd is doing their own job: great politicians, very capable people, with a capacity to improve the well being of society in the future.

And finaly, the Gamma group is doing their job also: traditionalists, people with common sense, with a well develop consicience, protecting values, following traditions.

But the Beta groupd...those are unlike the majority of people. Those are doing what they want (or at least they think they do). They don't have any preestablished rules to live by: they learn from their own experiences.

Which is pretty interesting. From example, in a moral sense. I've never meet a non-Beta type to give me a hand of help from a equal position, sort of speak. But Beta types are different: they can be surprinsingly humble and empathetic with someone...because they do not have a moral pride to them at all. They are the scum of the world...people without that "dignity".

There are many different types of courage, in different situations.
Naturaly, ESTJs are the most courageous people. But life forms the character of many people, and many people do outlast the typical ESTJ in courage.
Just recently I meet a guy from the footbal team in our city. I was amazed, I never seen such a human being. The guy, who is about 30, has something about him that makes you want to spent time with him: a great courage and boldness in everything he does. I've never seen any ESTJ man like that guy.

Jake Gyllenhal is another INFJ. A pretty rare type, with strong Ti (my type). notice sometimes when he "falls" in the "contemplative and introspective mode": eyes "zoned out", face looking down thoughtful, and in some interviews, I've seen him in a characteristical purposeless attitude, while contemplating "lost" at something;
Also sometihing else that indicates his logical capacity(from a visual standpoint, speaking of logical sense :): unlike most of INFJs who have "waterful" eyes, as if their eyes are not "fixed", this guy has a pretty fixed stare, concentrated and composed;

Notice how introspective and philosophical he is, explaining things with his hands gesticulating like a pupetter (mark of Ti), what he "sees" in his own imagination, the mark of Ni. Also very afable and sweet, very emotional and somehow very introverted.

[video=youtube;RbRNZR6p39A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbRNZR6p39A[/video]

And another INFJ famous person, mr Bill O'Reilly:

[video=youtube;tlzRR_dm0G8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlzRR_dm0G8[/video]

Here is the guy in a very INFJ pose, with very emotional eyes.

View attachment 22205

Bill Oreilly is not an INFJ!

Sheesh!

Whenever i want a laugh i read one of your posts about supposed 'INFJ's'!

Honestly man it's like you are just picking people at random

INFJ's don't have 'emotional' eyes

INFJ's are distinguished by INTENSITY

Bill O reilly has none of that...besides he's too much of a sock puppet to be an INFJ

No INFJ would let themself become like that

These guys have him down as an ESTJ: http://www.typetango.com/estj-personality.php

The internet is a record Lucy and you are choosing to fill that record up with lies about the INFJ type; that is your choice to do but from the outside it looks like a crusade against INFJ's

Last edited:
Reactions: cvp12gh5
Bill Oreilly is not an INFJ!

Sheesh!

Whenever i want a laugh i read one of your posts about supposed 'INFJ's'!

Honestly man it's like you are just picking people at random

INFJ's don't have 'emotional' eyes

INFJ's are distinguished by INTENSITY
Ok, then please explain what is this whole stuff about intensity, cause I don't get it.
What do you mean by intensity? Intensity of skin, intensity of speech, intensity what....what is the nature of this intensity?
It is a virtue, it is a vice, or its just a decorum for a beautiful impression? What do you mean by intensity?

Before you answer, notice that I kind of know what you are reffering to (but for the sake of clarity, I'll let you explain it).
And I think the kind of intensity you are talking about is only a attribute to the INFJs who are pitifuly silly and never grow up...they live in their own world ALL THEIR LIVES...not in a good sense, rather in a egotistical, self-centered sense. They can't get enough of their intensity, and they remain stuck with it...

Bill O reilly has none of that...besides he's too much of a sock puppet to be an INFJ
INFJs are very stupid, plain stupid with regard to practical affairs. Many INFJs are sock pupets, because they don't even know what is happening around them, in real world.

No INFJ would let themself become like that
i can only imagine that a guy like you reads novelty alot and has archetypes of INFJs heroes...otherwise, you would know what life can and does to any human being.
You sound very chidlish and idealistic..."No INFJ would let themself become like that..." do you really think so??? why, because they have INFJ antivirus?

Ok, then please explain what is this whole stuff about intensity, cause I don't get it.
What do you mean by intensity? Intensity of skin, intensity of speech, intensity what....what is the nature of this intensity?
It is a virtue, it is a vice, or its just a decorum for a beautiful impression? What do you mean by intensity?

Before you answer, notice that I kind of know what you are reffering to (but for the sake of clarity, I'll let you explain it).
And I think the kind of intensity you are talking about is only a attribute to the INFJs who are pitifuly silly and never grow up...they live in their own world ALL THEIR LIVES...not in a good sense, rather in a egotistical, self-centered sense. They can't get enough of their intensity, and they remain stuck with it...

It's to do with how Ni processes: slowly but deeply

So whilst Ni is processing the eyes are often looking with the '1000 yard stare' because the persons consciousness is not out in the external world with you it is inside their head

Its like a computer.....a computer has Read Only Memory (ROM) which is kind of the rapid access memory and then it has its deeper memory which takes a bit longer to access

If you listen to extroverted sensors they are operating purely from ROM...this is why they chat at 100 miles an hour, because they are processing things in a surface, superficial way

By saying 'superficial' it might seem i am being insulting but there are advantages to how they process things. Firstly because they process things quickly it helps grease the social wheels so it helps them be more fluid and 'sociable'. Secondly because they process things in a shallow way they are not distracted by a further storehouse of information and thereby their conversation stays on very narrow but safe ground (INFJ's meanwhile can have all sorts of information thrown at them by Ni during even an average conversation)

An INFJ on the other hand is constantly pulled out of the outer reality and into their inner reality because of their mental filing system. For example sometimes my recall is a bit slow on a fact but i know that as soon as i stop thinking about it it will come to me and this might sound strange but it feels to me like a little man in my head has to run off down some corridors and find the right room of the library, go into it and find the right shelves and then find the right file for the information

This is because of the way Ni works. Ni is a MASSIVE web that grows and grows and grows. The larger it grows the more connections are formed between all the different pieces of information and a more complete picture of reality it forms. This means life can be tough for younger INFJ's whose Ni doesn't yet have the material it needs to make full sense of some situations but as they feed their Ni (as ALL INFJ's WILL DO....in fact you can distinguish INFJ's because they are the people who will suprise you with the random things they know...whereas Bill O reilly is a fucking moron) their capacity to understand situations and people grows

Once Ni has filled in a lot of the picture it becomes able to discearn patterns and because it understands underlying patterns behind things it becomes able to make predictions about the future

For example if you watch birds flying around in the sky for long enough then you learn they often follow flight patterns. Once you know their habits you could then predict what they are going to do and when but you have to be weird enough to be watching birds in the first place......well INFJ's are weird enough to do a lot of stuff and the reason is because they are processing information differently

But patterns exist everywhere

I'll give you another example which is the work of Carl Jung who many agree was an INFJ; he noticed patterns in humans which has become MBTI

Why was he studying humans? The other men were working in the factories and watching the football and drinking pints down the pub and playing darts...so why was carl jung doing what he was doing? he was doing it because he was a weirdo....why was he a weirdo? because of Ni....he couldn't help being a weirdo it's what his brain does

You seem to resent INFJ's for being so quirky but their brains demand to be fed a diet of varied information so that they can operate in a world which at first seems a strange and bewildering place so that they can make more sense of it

So cut INFJ's some slack for being so quirky!

You strike me as an introverted sensor who resents Ni and how it is so different and mysterious to you

I love Ni......i don't want to stand in the pub with the other men playing darts and be 'normal' just because Lucy Jnr is bigoted against anyone who behaves differently to him. I want to read a range of information and make connections and leaps of understanding and if that means spending time alone then damn it i'll do it because it is what i am

Stop criticising people for not narrowly conforming. You seem like an enemy of: diversity, creativity and imagination. You worship at the shrine of socionics which was set up in the soviet union as a tool for controlling free thinkers and dissenters against the central gualag management (the system was deeply threatened by free thinking INFJ's and sought to demonise them and throw them in the gualag)

You have said that all INFJ's should join the army to be taught how to be normal....which sounds to me like clssic introverted sensing thinking judging type thinking to me

If you want to join the army with the ISTJ's then YOU GO DO IT but let the INFJ's be the free thinkers they are; let them shine without the jackboot of the system trying to choke out human expression and creativity

So INFJ intensity has nothing to do with trying to cultivate an image...but that's not to say that there aren't people out there who don't want to mimic that intensity especially when hollywood creates a raft of intense super humans as role models for kids. INFJ's just ARE intense without trying to be...in fact they will probably spend a lot of effort trying NOT TO BE INTENSE; you may for example find them smoking pot or taking valiums or drinking alcohol when they are young to try and flow more from ROM and to not process things so damn deeply!

Common accusations against INFJ's include: ''you think too much'' & ''you over analyse things''

But thats like telling the sun to stop shining so bright. INFJ's process things...it's what they do.....if you don't like it then my advice is to stop hanging around on an INFJ forum spreading crap about them and go hang around on an ISTJ forum or a military forum where your conformist views will be appreciated

INFJs are very stupid, plain stupid with regard to practical affairs. Many INFJs are sock pupets, because they don't even know what is happening around them, in real world.

This is plain nonsense

If you actually knew who the famous INFJ's were you'd realise they are the people out there explaining to people exactly what is going on in the world; in fact even regular INFJ's are often drawn to roles where they can provide insight

Honestly i do not know which type you think you are talking aout but it is not INFJ's

Do you know why INFJ's have got a reputation for being 'seers'? It's because they understand things on levels that you do not

Clearly you have a problem with accepting that. You are like a blind person who thinks that everyone else in the world is blind because you are, trying to tell sighted people the way up a mountain

The amazing thing about ignorance is how often it goes hand in hand with arrogance

INFJ's are never that arrogant (full of unfounded confidence) which is why they are always learning to make sure they haven't got it wrong; they are not as you would say arrogant...quite the opposite...they are their own harshest judge but because they are always testing their views they do develop a confidence in them once they have built enough supporting connections in the Ni web

You might listen to an INFJ and wonder 'how can they say that with such confidence' but what you are not seeing is the vast interconnecting NI web which is telling them the trajectory of a certain thing or person with high probability

I have made many predictions on this forum that have all come true. Everytime i do it i get called 'crazy' or 'an idiot' or a 'conspiracy theorist' etc by non INFJ non Ni users

But how can a 'crazy' person keep being right?

You know why Ni seems crazy to non Ni users? Because it is ahead of the curve

Now you can criticise that, you can say it is 'arrogant' for INFJ's to make predictions or you can keep delusionally denying their ability to do so and bla bla bla but they are simply doing what they are wired upto do and why should they try to act different to their natural selves just to suit you and the politburo of the USSR (who gave an award to the person who created socionics)?

let INFJ's be INFJ's and stop being so authoritarian

i can only imagine that a guy like you reads novelty alot and has archetypes of INFJs heroes...otherwise, you would know what life can and does to any human being.

What is 'novelty'?

If you read my posts around the forum you'd know that i read a lot of current affairs as well as artistic stuff....i get a balance. I want to know what is going on in the human mind but also what is going on in the human heart and soul

You sound very chidlish and idealistic..."No INFJ would let themself become like that..." do you really think so??? why, because they have INFJ antivirus?

You don't understand the deeply independent nature of Ni

Ni aligned with the other INFJ functions is not going to allow itself to be a sock puppet; INFJ's are one of the most fiercly independent of types....they don't make good schills (like bill o reilly)

Last edited:
Mel Gibson is a ISTJ, and Catherine McCormack is a INFJ actress.

[video=youtube;EU-imAbZ5G8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU-imAbZ5G8[/video]

Chelsea Handler is a INFJ woman. She is the Fe subtype, but a very rare type, with strong narcissistic traits. Those are the kind of INFJs who are very good at Fe, and have a inherent sense of greatness to them...also, their brains pick up information so fast that they sometimes can't manage to speak what they are thinking. (according to a INFJ friend who confessed me this).
Very very superficial INFJs...basicaly their whole life its a fanatsy, they never learn anything. It is true that those people remain childs for the rest of their lives, having simply "wacky" mindsets...nothing is serious for them. They live to satisfy their fantasies, usualy lustful and megalomaniac fantasies...they see the world as a huge dynamic of power. Not even ESTPs are as stupid as them in this sense.
So here is Chelsea Handler. And by the way, Piers Morgan is also a INFJ!

[video=youtube;Q3zL1cvyMfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3zL1cvyMfo[/video]

Joseph Cambell, a INTJ philosopher.

[video=youtube;aGx4IlppSgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU[/video]