Now taking predictions... | INFJ Forum

Now taking predictions...

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
As per the interesting developments in Iowa and Vermont, for fun I would like to hear predictions on what state will be the next to legalize same sex marriage. So get that Ni into gear and let's hear some premonitions!

Current Predictions

Utah
New Hampshire
Hawaii
New Jersey
California (2)
Maine

Last edited:
ROFL!!!

A smaller state, probably. I would say New York or California, but I wonder about the conservative numbers. This won't happen again like it is, because too many conservatives are going to start fighting back in their home states.

But I can see another Midwest state taking that crown. Or East Coast. Massachusetts, perhaps?

ROFL!!!

A smaller state, probably. I would say New York or California, but I wonder about the conservative numbers. This won't happen again like it is, because too many conservatives are going to start fighting back in their home states.

But I can see another Midwest state taking that crown. Or East Coast. Massachusetts, perhaps?

Massachusetts has same sex marriage. As does Iowa, Vermont, and Connecticut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Samesex_marriage_in_USA.svg

LOL! See, now that was backwards Ni...I knew I heard it in the back of my brain. :p

Okay, then New Hampshire. New Hampshire is my prediction.

I think for fun I'll keep score in the OP.

Hawaii...

New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Washington, Maryland.

Yeah, I knew about California...and it may turn back around. We'll see.

Illinois is another one in the back of my mind, if the Chicago folks come out en masse.

I think California will be next. The California Supreme Court is set to rule on it in early June.

The day Utah legalizes gay marriage is the same day that I've killed all the Mormons and passed the bill myself. :hippie:
Then we can all be united.

The day Utah legalizes gay marriage is the same day that I've killed all the Mormons and passed the bill myself. :hippie:
Then we can all be united.

I remember back when one high school tried to start a Straight-Gay Alliance club in Utah. Since the state couldn't get around discriminating the club, they banned all extracurricular clubs in every high school in the state.

I remember back when one high school tried to start a Straight-Gay Alliance club in Utah. Since the state couldn't get around discriminating the club, they banned all extracurricular clubs in every high school in the state.

0.0 Thats horrible. I'm in GSA in my school, its a small club but the people are nice.

No kidding. I'm one of the kids who tried to start one of those clubs at the school. As a result, one of the district's codes for school clubs are:

"A club cannot contain any content based off of sexuality outside of marriage"

I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist of it.
And as Gays cannot get married in Utah....

No kidding. I'm one of the kids who tried to start one of those clubs at the school. As a result, one of the district's codes for school clubs are:

"A club cannot contain any content based off of sexuality outside of marriage"

I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist of it.
And as Gays cannot get married in Utah....

I heard that because of the whole ordeal it lead to the creation of dozens of non school affiliated GSA clubs across the state. So it kind of backfired on them.

Texas, Utah, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas

I would think Iran before some of these. Good post, Shai!

My guess if any other state follows suit would be Kallyfornia

Last edited:
I throw out Maine as my prediction. They're some rather chill people up there. (all puns intended)