IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
I think this is a really good analogy for what Ni does, and why to people who don't use Ni much, have a hard time understanding how it is done (and think it is a debasement of science :D). Substitute "infinite improbability drive" with "Ni" and you got a lovely description.

EDIT: This could describe Ne as well. Seems like a description of N in general.

[YOUTUBE]e4674WHJlg0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
As an Se user, I don't mind you using Ni. Though if you can't explain your conclusions, don't expect me to accept them.

You realise that explaination is probably only good for other Ni users though? They're not the ones you need to convince.

It wasn't even that good. (this video is more Ne then anything) I agree with you that insight is useless unless its right, and if its right it can be proven in SOME way, even if *I* dont know what that is.

VH posted a video one time that seemed better.

I think its funny to say Ni doms would be the only ones to get this essentially...

Ni isnt THAT hard to understand if you use it. You just connect the dots to make an answer. Long story short. I dont get this need for people to make it sound like Ni is unprovable, or mystical, its really not. Its just highly abstract which makes explaining its path harder, not impossible.

I think what this video is saying "sounds" Ni ish, but the way its done seems almost Ne ish to me.

Last edited:
As an Se user, I don't mind you using Ni. Though if you can't explain your conclusions, don't expect me to accept them.

You realise that explaination is probably only good for other Ni users though? They're not the ones you need to convince.

Well you have to break Ni up into its two forms...

Ni backed by Te/Fi
Ni backed by Fe/Ti

They do the same thing in slightly different ways.

They figure things out by noticing similarities and patterns within the confines of all the data that is known of the subject at hand.

NTJ Ni tends to be a gardener logic and data
NFJ Ni tends to be a gardener relationships

The INFJ method being backed by Ti, will model people in our heads from what we know of them backed by all our memories of them. I guess that's why we rock at buying birthday and xmas gifts that hit the spot so well.

The INFJ method being backed by Ti, will model people in our heads from what we know of them backed by all our memories of them. I guess that's why we rock at buying birthday and xmas gifts that hit the spot so well.

Haha, you know who's really awesome at gifts? Me. Of course it depends on the person, but I've had plenty of compliments about my gift giving, and for the most part I enjoy it more than receiving.

Dad's still impossible to buy for though :(

Gift buying isnt a hard thing to do if one can remember personal details about the gift receiver. I am excellent at that kind of stuff, so I usually know just what to buy. Heh I never understood people having a problem shopping at Xmas... I think anyone who has Fe is probably not bad at gift giving.

Cool video. :D Are there more videos like this describing Ni or Ne? Post em if you got em.

Last edited:
Ne is the improbability drive. Nothing generates more possibilities, then picks one at light speed. It's a classic description of how Ne operates. Proof? Ni would never have you end up as a sofa. Seeing as Douglas Adams was Ne dominant, this makes perfect sense.

Ni is the unexplainable drive.
"How did you get here?"
"I dunno. Am I in the right place?"
"Well yeah, but how did you get here?"
*shrug*

Ni doesn't bother with possibilities. It just finds the answer, and picks it out of the air.

Ni = 42

Reactions: NeverAmI
The ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything. :D

I loved Douglas Adams, RIP.

I do think that vid was probably was more about Ne, though. Whale and the flower pot, and all that.:mhula:

Mmmmm Ne. Possibilities....

*nom nom nom*

I kind of get what Indy is saying, like Ne is what everything could be whereas Ni picks up on everything something is not although that sounds like a good amount of Si too. Maybe I am misunderstanding.

I haven't watched that vid yet, I will when I get home.

I just always think long-range interconnections with Ni.

Mmmmm Ne. Possibilities....

*nom nom nom*

I kind of get what Indy is saying, like Ne is what everything could be whereas Ni picks up on everything something is not although that sounds like a good amount of Si too. Maybe I am misunderstanding.

I haven't watched that vid yet, I will when I get home.

I just always think long-range interconnections with Ni.

I dont think Ni is knowing what things are not, unless that is what the question was. Ni just connects the dots to figure shit out out of all the chaotic data known in the system about a subject.

This video went from 1 thing to another, which is pretty ne ish, it almost seemed like an ENTP or ENFP made that video lol.

I do think you might be onto something with the Si thing though.

Reactions: Wyote
Actually, I can see how this would seem a lot like Ne to. In particular cause of the "passing through every point at once". I just saw it different, in that it goes from point A to point B with no really apparent reason. I saw the passing through every point as, you just happned to pass through it, not that you are trying it on for size (the drive largely doesn't care either about it, it sort of just goes somewhere).

Maybe it is just an example of N in general, its got elements of Ni and Ne, but yeah in the details it kinda is slightly more like Ne. This came about from an analogy I wanted to draw on paper about each of the P functions, but that would be hard to make into a post.

I also made the post cause douglass adams is hilarious.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Won't Ni + Ne means something akin to a bull? As Ne picked possibilities, Ni ran straight away; or as Ni pinpointed a goal, Ne just creates.....the road. Of some sort.