Necker Cube and Introversion/Extroversion | INFJ Forum

Necker Cube and Introversion/Extroversion

How easy is it to switch your perspective?

• Introvert and Difficult

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extrovert and Difficult

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NaeturVindur

Cuddlemaster
Retired Staff
Nov 17, 2008
MBTI
iNfj
Enneagram
9w1
When you look at the cube:
NC1.jpg

is the dot on the inside? the outside? More importantly, can you make it switch? Can you force yourself to see the dot as being on the upper, right, forward corner, and then see it as being on the top right, back corner?

Today, in my psych class, I heard an interesting fact/theory/idea (I don't know to what extent its been proved). The prof said that introverts find it easier to switch the perspective than extroverts. Do you find this to be true? Do you think this has any further implications (such as introverts naturally perspective take while extroverts don't. extroverts are more stubborn. ect.)?

i don't know how accurate this is or if it applies to everyone, but i find the switch is quite easy if you shift your focus from the top right corner of the inner square (which has the dot) to the left bottom corner of the inner square(first corner immediately diagonal to the dot).

i think it is because by focusing on the dot and making the rest of the image peripheral, you tend to see the dot on the outside.

hmm...does this have anything to do with right/left brain dominance?

ENFP and it was easy, but I have done this before in my life. When I was a kid I learned about this so I know how to do it.

BTW, cool post.

I could do it quite easily but only after I read which alternative corner the dot was supposed to be.

At first I saw the dot on the outside, but I could switch it easily.

I can switch perspectives at will.

HAH! I DID IT! I MADE THE CIRCLE BE IN THE INSIDE OF THE SQUARE!

It took me a minute.

(people aren't voting, i was hoping to get some decent numbers from this...)

Hey, don't point your fingers buddy,

I voted.

Duty...?

Yeah, we're calling you out man!

at first it was hard, now i can do it every time.

I've always found those sort of things pretty easy but I have met some people who absolutely couldn't do it.

Couldn't make it go inside to begin with, had to re-read where it was supposed to be, now I can make it flick back inside out over and over at will *is mighty!*