Ne + Fi = Assumptions | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Ne + Fi = Assumptions

This entire thread is all assumption. The assumption of others assuming. Hilarious.

Originally, it was supposed to be an "I noticed this issue. Can anyone help me fix it?" thread. However, the issue seems to be rooted in how opposed sets of cognitive functions tend to make assumptions that are antagonistic to each other. I find it fascinating that the more this debate wages on, the more it proves the point.

You guys seem to be running yourself around in circles. I believe much of this thread to be clashing subjective viewpoints.

aka assumptions.

But, yes, I agree, and most importantly, that's what this thread was about in the first place.

Ne also seems to be unable to stay on topic, and Fi seems to be offended when called on it. I'm just saying. I find it fascinating that the more this debate wages on, the more it proves the point.

Again, you are showing the same characteristics of those you criticize.

Keep telling yourself that everyone is proving your point if it makes you feel better. I am trying to help you understand where perhaps you have gone overboard with your judgments, if you don't want to listen please don't, but don't discredit what I am saying. Your topic title was poorly chosen because it made you look like a hypocrite, deal with and admit your mistake, stop making excuses, it is really getting annoying to be honest.

I personally think white people make assumptions and stereotype too much.

Just kidding

Last edited:
Again, you are showing the same characteristics of those you criticize.

Keep telling yourself that everyone is proving your point if it makes you feel better. I am trying to help you understand where perhaps you have gone overboard with your judgments, if you don't want to listen please don't, but don't discredit what I am saying. Your topic title was poorly chosen because it made you look like a hypocrite, deal with and admit your mistake, stop making excuses, it is really getting annoying to be honest.

I personally think white people make assumptions and stereotype too much.

Just kidding

Goatman I think you need own up to your position on this board so fair Your calling everyone else out and not holding yourself to the same standards. You are the one who is acting like hypocrite. And calling everyone else out for your errors is not acceptable.

So why don't turn your critical comments back at yourself. Becasue your showing me your unwilling to expect your own opinions or actions as being incorrect, ever. Stop dodging and disregarding peoples opinions. You seem to be a reasonable person so take a step back and realize how you appear to others. And your posts in that context.

Becasue all your are doing is showing your dislike for J's and more especially as NJs and its really wearing thin. If thats how your then fine. But if you want to post at least do so in a respectable way.

So get over it and stop acting like this. You came in and questioned creditability. You're unwilling to do anything more than call everyone else out and refuse to offer a solid defense.

And I and I'm sure others have enough of that.

Reactions: 1 person
Ne also seems to be unable to stay on topic, and Fi seems to be offended when called on it. I'm just saying.

Give the other side of the coin too: Ni can jump to conclusions and Fe can be amazingly stubborn :D

Reactions: Goatman455
Goatman I think you need own up to your position on this board so fair Your calling everyone else out and not holding yourself to the same standards. You are the one who is acting like hypocrite. And calling everyone else out for your errors is not acceptable.

So why don't turn your critical comments back at yourself. Becasue your showing me your unwilling to expect your own opinions or actions as being incorrect, ever. Stop dodging and disregarding peoples opinions. You seem to be a reasonable person so take a step back and realize how you appear to others. And your posts in that context.

Becasue all your are doing is showing your dislike for J's and more especially as NJs and its really wearing thin. If thats how your then fine. But if you want to post at least do so in a respectable way.

So get over it and stop acting like this. You came in and questioned creditability. You're unwilling to do anything more than call everyone else out and refuse to offer a solid defense.

And I and I'm sure others have enough of that.

I have no dislike of J or NJ here, where is this coming from? How have I acted like a hypocrite? I have stated so many times how well I have gotten along with INFJ and how I am trying to be more like INFJs.

How do I not have a solid defense? I have explained everything I have stated with backing ideas. I am not saying I am 100% right but at least I give reasons for discrediting people unlike your statement about me.

I seem to have two choices here

1)Point out that I did indeed claim my ideas were open to criticism and have you call me a hypocrite

2) Agree with you that I am a hypocrite.

You are trapping me here. I always gave people a chance to come back, I always tried to show I was able to change my view if an argument came up and that I was willing to listen to those arguments.

I am merely pointing out how ridiculous it is to start a thread about assumptions and then assume what types do it. It is obviously a bit hypocritical.

How can I make you feel better? What can I say to fix this? What do you want from me? I am willing to let you point out my mistakes, I am even asking you for more info on them.

How many people have done the same for me?

Just because I have confidence about this issue, doesn't mean I am not open to criticism and it doesn't mean I am arrogant.

You need to learn to treat people with more respect, especially when you come at them strongly like you have with me. This is starting to sound like a child's argument to me.

"You're a hypocrite"
"No you're a hypocrite"
"No you're a hypocrite"
etc.

Let's talk reasonably here, what exactly did I say, and quote me, to make you think these things about me, because I have more then explained my point of view, and in a way I thought was open minded?

"I am not trying to do this, I am sorry if you feel ganged up on. What do you think you are doing by posting this topic though? I was merely pointing out MBTI theory states that Js may make not take in enough info for their judgments and Ps may not make judgments when they need to. This is kind of counter to what you are stating in your original idea. I was trying to give you a different perspective, if you don't want it, that's fine, I respect that and I apologize."

"I am not trying to stereotype ENFJs or anyone else I was using them as a counterpoint to what you said."

"Let's allow people to make assumptions because they are human and let's forgive them for their mistakes. Let's stop trying to figure out why each other is incorrect and start trying to figure out why we are correct.

These are things we (myself included) should all be trying because we aren't getting anywhere with our current method of communication."

I mean really, have you even read enough of my posts to make the claims you are saying? Do you really know me well enough to generalize, or make these assumptions? What I am doing is commenting on a particular post, not Von in general, I am not saying anyone is this or that, I am commenting on the ideas and values in the posts, and I suggest you keep your criticisms similarly focused because you really are taking it to a personal level here. I'll tell you if you want to that is fine by me, I will try my best not to take it personally and to reasonably respond, but please try and give me the benefit of the doubt in the future, especially if you feel I am not giving it to others, lead by example.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm not going to keep arguing with you if you continue to take such an approach.

I also wasn't insulting you. I'm pointing out that your style reminds me of the issue talked about in this thread.

As for your points on Fe vs. Fi and Ni vs. Ne. I don't agree I can very large and striking differences.
haha, don't bother... he got banned from the other site for attacking other people and insinuating things....

haha, don't bother... he got banned from the other site for attacking other people and insinuating things....

That's funny you seem to know more about the issue than I do would you like to fill in the details for me? Do you know something I don't? Who did I attack and what did I insinuate?

That's funny you seem to know more about the issue than I do would you like to fill in the details for me? Do you know something I don't? Who did I attack and what did I insinuate?

Only you know who you harassed but here's your proof... "Goatman455, AKA AnyNameWillDo, AKA PeopleAreReasonable, has been permabaaaanned for harassing different users in PM, then trying to circumvent the PM ban by creating a dupe account, then trying to circumvent the PM ban by creating yet another dupe account."

Last edited by a moderator:
Only you know who you harassed but here's your proof... "Goatman455, AKA AnyNameWillDo, AKA PeopleAreReasonable, has been permabaaaanned for harassing different users in PM, then trying to circumvent the PM ban by creating a dupe account, then trying to circumvent the PM ban by creating yet another dupe account."

I don't want proof I want info. Who did I harass? I know what I have been accused of, but I didn't do anything to deserve what happened. I never harassed anyone, that is ridiculous. If I did harass people then they certainly harassed me as well, so it was more of a verbal orgy situation.

It is really inappropriate you are coming on here like this, this is kind of personal info. They banned me without telling me why or giving any indication or warning. I am in the process of contacting the correct MBTI 'authorities' to get this whole situation ironed out.

Point is, you can't accuse me of being guilty without giving me a fair trial here, and putting some evidence forth, because I haven't posted anything there I didn't post here.

Clearly you have some inside info you have posted and you are not giving me or anyone else the whole story.

Just because you don't like what someone says does not give you the right to act against them. This is how wars start.

Anyway, I have been trying to get a response from the site for awhile now as to what exactly I did wrong, so if you know anything that would be great. I think some people just don't like hearing negative things about themselves and they attack whoever they can in self defense.

I am sorry if my opinion hurts anyone, certainly not my intention. This isn't the first time I have been criticized and it isn't the last, but I can handle it.

Last edited:
I don't want proof I want info. Who did I harass? I know what I have been accused of, but I didn't do anything to deserve what happened. I never harassed anyone, that is ridiculous. If I did harass people then they certainly harassed me as well, so it was more of a verbal orgy situation.

It is really inappropriate you are coming on here like this, this is kind of personal info. They banned me without telling me why or giving any indication or warning. I am in the process of contacting the correct MBTI 'authorities' to get this whole situation ironed out.

Point is, you can't accuse me of being guilty without giving me a fair trial here, and putting some evidence forth, because I haven't posted anything there I didn't post here.

Clearly you have some inside info you have posted and you are not giving me or anyone else the whole story.

Just because you don't like what someone says does not give you the right to act against them. This is how wars start.

Anyway, I have been trying to get a response from the site for awhile now as to what exactly I did wrong, so if you know anything that would be great. I think some people just don't like hearing negative things about themselves and they attack whoever they can in self defense.

I am sorry if my opinion hurts anyone, certainly not my intention. This isn't the first time I have been criticized and it isn't the last, but I can handle it.

It was publicly posted on that site. There you go. :)

I have no dislike of J or NJ here, where is this coming from? How have I acted like a hypocrite? I have stated so many times how well I have gotten along with INFJ and how I am trying to be more like INFJs.

How do I not have a solid defense? I have explained everything I have stated with backing ideas. I am not saying I am 100% right but at least I give reasons for discrediting people unlike your statement about me.

I seem to have two choices here

1)Point out that I did indeed claim my ideas were open to criticism and have you call me a hypocrite

2) Agree with you that I am a hypocrite.

You are trapping me here. I always gave people a chance to come back, I always tried to show I was able to change my view if an argument came up and that I was willing to listen to those arguments.

I am merely pointing out how ridiculous it is to start a thread about assumptions and then assume what types do it. It is obviously a bit hypocritical.

How can I make you feel better? What can I say to fix this? What do you want from me? I am willing to let you point out my mistakes, I am even asking you for more info on them.

How many people have done the same for me?

Just because I have confidence about this issue, doesn't mean I am not open to criticism and it doesn't mean I am arrogant.

You need to learn to treat people with more respect, especially when you come at them strongly like you have with me. This is starting to sound like a child's argument to me.

"You're a hypocrite"
"No you're a hypocrite"
"No you're a hypocrite"
etc.

Let's talk reasonably here, what exactly did I say, and quote me, to make you think these things about me, because I have more then explained my point of view, and in a way I thought was open minded?

"I am not trying to do this, I am sorry if you feel ganged up on. What do you think you are doing by posting this topic though? I was merely pointing out MBTI theory states that Js may make not take in enough info for their judgments and Ps may not make judgments when they need to. This is kind of counter to what you are stating in your original idea. I was trying to give you a different perspective, if you don't want it, that's fine, I respect that and I apologize."

"I am not trying to stereotype ENFJs or anyone else I was using them as a counterpoint to what you said."

"Let's allow people to make assumptions because they are human and let's forgive them for their mistakes. Let's stop trying to figure out why each other is incorrect and start trying to figure out why we are correct.

These are things we (myself included) should all be trying because we aren't getting anywhere with our current method of communication."

I mean really, have you even read enough of my posts to make the claims you are saying? Do you really know me well enough to generalize, or make these assumptions? What I am doing is commenting on a particular post, not Von in general, I am not saying anyone is this or that, I am commenting on the ideas and values in the posts, and I suggest you keep your criticisms similarly focused because you really are taking it to a personal level here. I'll tell you if you want to that is fine by me, I will try my best not to take it personally and to reasonably respond, but please try and give me the benefit of the doubt in the future, especially if you feel I am not giving it to others, lead by example.

Thanks

I have better things than to continue fighting your circular logic.

But you should know that I have seen you prove my points over and over again.

No one because it was public information. :D Night.

:m145:

Well then I was getting harassed by the mods of the forum who posted this public information that was untrue. I was harassed by people as well, they aren't banned, I don't feel the need to attack them for it.

It is called defamation of character, and it is a serious issue in courts of law. Unfortunately, immature people who own private websites can apparently commit this crime.

Don't worry I am fighting this issue through the proper channels. Perhaps there won't be any court precedences to go off of, or no laws that cover it, but I won't stop until I am treated fairly.

It's amazing how defensive people can get when you just post some observations they don't like.

Again, most wars are started by stupid little things such as this. People attack, and attack, and attack until they push the wrong person too far. By attacking I am drawing a clear line between thought/words and actions.

Last edited:
Von H & Goatman: what do you want for dinner tonight? Macaroni or noodles? If you each weren't aware of the other's MBTI type, I don't think this would have turned into a debate.

Von H & Goatman: what do you want for dinner tonight? Macaroni or noodles? If you each weren't aware of the other's MBTI type, I don't think this would have turned into a debate.

Hahaha, actually I was debating between ground beef mashed into a round shape and burgers.

Yeah I thought about erasing my type there just so it wouldn't' cause issues, but the whole point here is to accept other types. That is why I have problems with the "these functions make assumptions" theory.

That said I don't want to make assumptions myself, or come across as arrogant, I was just throwing in my two cents (and then ceaselessly defending them until death).

Originally, it was supposed to be an "I noticed this issue. Can anyone help me fix it?" thread. However, the issue seems to be rooted in how opposed sets of cognitive functions tend to make assumptions that are antagonistic to each other. I find it fascinating that the more this debate wages on, the more it proves the point.

aka assumptions.

But, yes, I agree, and most importantly, that's what this thread was about in the first place.
Why not just admit that your claim is bunk? Seems like you're the one making all the assumptions, here.