Natural Cook

Razare

Community Member
Apr 4, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6 sx/sp
So after watching food network for about 10 years, I realized I can just cook. I never really use recipes unless it involves baking. But stuff like meats, soups, stews, pastas, I'm just great at whipping up. I never make the same thing twice, and I probably couldn't if I tried. My stuff is all random and all tastes great. Right now I just made, brown rice topped with venison steak, cooked in onion and green peppers from the garden, using a couple jalapenos for spice, and other herbs from the garden too. It's really good.

I think all the years of watching food network seeped into my Ni or something.

Anyone else here good at cooking?

Last edited:
Meeeeeeeee! I've been cooking since I could reach the oven. Was baking before normal cooking, and learned how to do weird things like make a cake in the microwave, or bread in the steamer. I'm kind of a food alchemist.

Wish alchemy was real cause then I could have the same amount of fun as I do in cooking, but I won't have, say, a pile of cookies as a result so I won't get fat from it XD.

I tend to despise fast-food, pizza, frozen foods, and leftovers (unless it is soup or pie- as one could guess I eat a lot of soup and pie).

I love cooking, but rarely ever follow recipes. If I particularly like the way I made something I will write it down. I have a tendencies to use some of the same spices a lot, but cooking is the most fun when it's an adventure I think =)

Wish alchemy was real cause then I could have the same amount of fun as I do in cooking, but I won't have, say, a pile of cookies as a result so I won't get fat from it XD.

I know how that goes. I just scarfed down all the venison steak I made. :m175:

I need someone else to cook for before this gets out of hand.

I can cook a 12 course chinese feast.

I know how that goes. I just scarfed down all the venison steak I made. :m175:

I need someone else to cook for before this gets out of hand.
Yeah, but I find I still eat lots cause I'm eating WITH someone now. Though, it takes me longer to eat cause I'm talking all the while.
Someone invent magic NAO!
I can cook a 12 course chinese feast.

I wants you!
Hahaha, and Phoenix will be your dessert :p.

I can cook quite well; well, granted, I studied in a cooking school before...

only when cooking alone, I can't ever seem to follow recipe to the book. Always got the temptation to include JUST this and that...and so far it's failing due to the mixture, though. When I'm cooking simple food, it seems to work wonderfully.

But I haven't been cooking recently. I kinda miss it, actually. /self-reminiscing

Reactions: DoveAlexa
I am really good at throwing random shit together. When I was little I experimented with foods a lot. Most were failures back then but that was due to me being six years old and not understanding a damn thing about anything. Now I am like McGuyver in the kitchen. Give me a slice of bread, some seasonings and random food scraps and I will make magic happen... or at least something edible.

So after watching food network for about 10 years, I realized I can just cook. I never really use recipes unless it involves baking. But stuff like meats, soups, stews, pastas, I'm just great at whipping up. I never make the same thing twice, and I probably couldn't if I tried. My stuff is all random and all tastes great. Right now I just made, brown rice topped with venison steak, cooked in onion and green peppers from the garden, using a couple jalapenos for spice, and other herbs from the garden too. It's really good.

Hi, my name's Brianna and I think we should get married.
Or you can just live off of me and be my personal chef.
No marriage necessary :)

Hi, my name's Brianna and I think we should get married.
Or you can just live off of me and be my personal chef.
No marriage necessary :)

You would really want me, Bird? :m054:

But just a little warning, when I cook, I like it hot. :m106:

You would really want me, Bird? :m054:

But just a little warning, when I cook, I like it hot. :m106:

If you're talking about spicy, I love it.

Well, hi Brianna! My name's Ted and I'm driving down to Indianna tomorrow. ;)

And when you're done with the cook books you can experiment in the kitchen with the Karma Sutra ;D.

And when you're done with the cook books you can experiment in the kitchen with the Karma Sutra ;D.

Well, we'll have to fall in love first.
I'm celibate until I actually love someone.
It's this thing my best friend and I are doing.
It sucks.

Well, we'll have to fall in love first.
I'm celibate until I actually love someone.
It's this thing my best friend and I are doing.
It sucks.
Nonsense, love is important, and it feels much better if you do,( not to mention after the fact with regrets and all). Just remember, sex is a skill, much like cooking, the more you practice the better you get, and don't forget to try new things!
(I lol myself all round the floor hehehe)

Nonsense, love is important, and it feels much better if you do,( not to mention after the fact with regrets and all). Just remember, sex is a skill, much like cooking, the more you practice the better you get, and don't forget to try new things!
(I lol myself all round the floor hehehe)

*And the pot thickens*

*munches on some popcorn*

I won't stop until someone blushes!
BLUSH DAMN YOU!

Anyways:
I've been making sauces with pickle juice lately. Tartar sauce for fish and sauce for cole slaw. Yummy.

haha, reading this post made me smile because this is how i feel about cooking all the time. Im very good at just naturally figuring out how a food should taste and just cook it. I dont measure or follow recipes. It's a great characteristics of N.