Narcissism in the culture | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Narcissism in the culture

The individuals of Western society are becoming more and more narcissistic because the culture at large is. Take a look at American culture, for example.

[YOUTUBE]fJuNgBkloFE[/YOUTUBE]

PS - I just wanted to work this video in somewhere. ;)

The individuals of Western society are becoming more and more narcissistic because the culture at large is. Take a look at American culture, for example.

hehe....its sad but true...

I bet I can videotape 1000 of people and pick 10 who are incredibly smart.
That'll be a good representation.

The video clip is flawed because they could easily edit it to show only those got most of the answers incorrect.

Knowing little about the world has nothing to do with being stupid. If anything, it simply means that we are grossly unaware. And most of the questions are related to things that rarely affect the everyday lives of the average American, at least not directly. It's all well and good to know these things but will it put food on someone's table?

Umm... that wasn't a serious post, btw. I just wanted to post it 'cause it's funny. It's not representative, and it could have been (at least somewhat) edited to make them look worse. Don't take it too seriously. ;) There's others about other countries too if you check it out on youtube.

Umm... that wasn't a serious post, btw. I just wanted to post it 'cause it's funny. It's not representative, and it could have been (at least somewhat) edited to make them look worse. Don't take it too seriously. ;) There's others about other countries too if you check it out on youtube.

Ok. Sorry about that. heh

I like to bitch about everything, don't mind me.
It's probably because of my mbti type.

Edit: Okay I've seen the video.
The reporter isn't that smart either, because when he asked: what religion do they have in Isra

Last edited by a moderator:
It was so funny reading this. :m131:
Oh damnit, I think I misinterpreted it.
I read 'periods?'.
Yea, I don't know what my mbti type is because the experts on the forum say different things than the tests.

Oh damnit, I think I misinterpreted it.
I read 'periods?'.
Yea, I don't know what my mbti type is because the experts on the forum say different things than the tests.
we have experts??:m190:

we have experts??:m190:
The people who can type others.
I've heard I was an INTJ, ISFP/J, .. while the tests say I'm an infj/infp.
So yea, I guess I'm just a little 'bicurious'. Indeed, that was a south park-reference.

I think all of humanity is just liable to take a toke or two from the ego-bong once in a while... which is perfectly normal. I don't see that as a cultural epidemic, however.

I LOVE it!!! lol

^^^I read that the first time and thought it said Eggo bong...

^^^I read that the first time and thought it said Eggo bong...

Now I am trying to imagine what such a bong would look like.....wait..did I say that out loud....oopsie.

Consumer culture is built on narcissism... "Please me, now!" Instant gratification and what such.

Advertisers pandering to consumers through their make believe worlds..
I'm not surprised. A culture built on instant gratification is going to be selfish and self-obsessed at the core. Not to mention an economic system of hardcore individualism..

Reactions: bamf
Consumer culture is built on narcissism... "Please me, now!" Instant gratification and what such.

I'm not surprised. A culture built on instant gratification is going to be selfish and self-obsessed at the core. Not to mention an economic system of hardcore individualism..
This all makes perfect sense (and just so happens to be the topic of a report I should be writing).

Narcissism comes as a byproduct from a culture built on the ideas of buy! buy! buy!, but pay later.

Exactly...It reminds me of "now Generation" by Black eyed peas...all that you just said...its so true....