Nail Biting and the N function

tfg345i4u5lw

On Holiday
Apr 11, 2010
MBTI
????
Enneagram
None
Do you think nail biting is a trait seen more in N types?? It seems like it would be.

Reactions: Gaze
Why does it seem like it would be?

I bite my nails and I'm an esfp. So I'm not very useful for your statistics.

I don't know. I don't bite my nails but I pick at my thumb nail with my other fingers. I've noticed I do it when I'm in deep thought.

If your argument involves people who bite their nails must be N's because they think deeply while doing it, I don't think that's a viable explanation.

Sensing types also go into deep thought too, you know. :)

Actually, nail biting is probably more of a nervous habit...and anyone can be nervous.

Actually, nail biting is probably more of a nervous habit...and anyone can be nervous.

Actually I bite my nails as a past time activity. I place a basket about 2 or three feet and try to see if I can spit them right into it.

It just comes to show of how bored I can get lol

I hate when people bite their nails. It is my biggest pet peeve. The sound is horrid.

As for your question, no I don't think there is a relation between nail biting and N types.

I hate when people bite their nails. It is my biggest pet peeve. The sound is horrid.

As for your question, no I don't think there is a relation between nail biting and N types.

I don't mind much. I used to bite mine, but only because it was my nail clipper. What I hate is when people bite their nails beyond where your nails bond to the skin. This is fu**ing disgusting.

Nail_biting.JPG

i always lose the nail clipper, so i bite them sometimes. i got fake nails for a while. it stopped the really destructive biting. i think painting them would be a good idea too.

This is true.
Feelers tend to lick their toe nails more than thinkers and introverts will bite their nose more than extroverts, because extroverts can't do that :(

I heard that Judging females of all ages, on average, have an itchy right knee 4.56x more often than Perceiving males who are 12 years old. Is this true?

I heard that Judging females of all ages, on average, have an itchy right knee 4.56x more often than Perceiving males who are 12 years old. Is this true?

Epic. :D :D

No, no correlation whatsoever.

Being nervous and doing this stuff to keep cool is just the consequence of fear.

Of fear and panic that things will be out of your control, you won't succeed, you assume the worst, etc.

Not type-related.

Of fear and panic that things will be out of your control, you won't succeed, you assume the worst, etc.

If we base ourselves from the MBTI judging types, they tend to be more controlling, and expecting the worst. While perceivers are portrayed as more relaxed and worry-free. There could be some correlation between being a J/P and the itching knee phenomena.

You could argue that perceivers could also be prone to fear and panic, but going by the description of the J/P dichotomy, it would make sense to categorize them as such.

Although I admit, I've never heard of this study before.

Edit: I want to clarify that this is the reason that I don't subscribe to MBTI, because it is easier to stereotype people by the traits of each letter. JCF(Jungian cognitive functions) does a much better job at explaining cognitive processes which makes it a little harder to mold a person by a typical stereotype.

Last edited:
If your argument involves people who bite their nails must be N's because they think deeply while doing it, I don't think that's a viable explanation.

Sensing types also go into deep thought too, you know. :)

Yes but N's tend to think in patterns more than S types. That is why I could see there being a higher percentage of N's who nail bite than S's. I wish there was a way to do a study, that would be awesome.

Yes but N's tend to think in patterns more than S types. That is why I could see there being a higher percentage of N's who nail bite than S's. I wish there was a way to do a study, that would be awesome.

No, there is no corralation to this what so ever. Why do you think there is a connection between the two. Simply stating that they are will convince no one on the matter.