My Enneagram Type | INFJ Forum

My Enneagram Type

From the little I've seen, you seem 9ish. Just a first impression.

4w5, possibly 5w4. I could see 9w1 but not as strongly. I think 4 definitely fits you best.

9w1 perhaps? for some reason I don't see you as a four

I am interested in the variety of responses here.

I certainly do fit quite a number of descriptions, I have always related to the following: 2,4,5, and 9.

I've been trying to look for more descriptions, though its been quite a challenge. Does anyone have a detailed explanation on why they think I come across a certain type?. I express much more warmth here in the forum, partly because I feel I can be myself and let my inner world come out. I have a high need for individuality, peace, and intellectual stimulation. That is not to say I do not pay attention to others, I love helping and being around people. I am just at times shy or in need of space. I can quickly feel when someone is taking advantage but I tend to keep it in and just go with the "flow". In the end, I think four matches me as I am very emotional, and have been called insightful and an intellectual before. I am often quick to have feelings of loneliness or depression. The problem I have with 4 and 5 is that this need for independence makes it seem a bit egocentric and at times I've seen snobby descriptions. I do not consider myself to be so, at times I am too self-sacrificing and go out of my way to make others happy.

I say 9 (specifically 9w1) because I see you as warm, intellectual, idealistic, giving, open, and accepting. Probably social dominant, due to your focus on political issues. I wouldn't be surprised if you were a 4 though.

I do not think you are a 5. 5s are very investigative, to the point of prioritizing concepts over reality.

I also do not think you are a 2. 2s feel they need to be needed, and are invested in having people feel indebted to them so that they are important. Unlike 9s, 2s are quick to chide others for being too selfish.

Another thing that tips me off is that 5 and 2 are very different personalities, and I have not seen any 5s think they are 2s or vice-versa unless that had a significant misunderstanding of the theory.

A key difference between 4s and 9s is that 4s brood over their emotions, while 9s try to tune them out.

2s feel they need to be needed, and are invested in having people feel indebted to them so that they are important. Unlike 9s, 2s are quick to chide others for being too selfish.

i would agree with this, and i think unhealthy twos can certainly be manipulative, aggressive even, should they move along the path of disintegration towards point 8. i also believe 2 is one of the more common enneagram types infp's in particular are likely to fall into, i have a friend infp who is a 2w1, and also my mom whos an infp, she's either 2w1 or 2w3. but i think it might be best to see a 2 in all its possible levels before ruling it out as a possibility. this is from the enneagram institute website which isn't so bad, i mean its not as comprehensive as DA imo but i generally agree with whats being said here. one thing i did like about that website is you can get detailed descriptions 2000+ word descriptions on each type, so id suggest you check out the ones you might think you're closer to and see what fits best.

Type Two—More Depth by Level

Healthy Levels

Level 1 (At Their Best): Become deeply unselfish, humble, and altruistic: giving unconditional love to self and others. Feel it is a privilege to be in the lives of others.

Level 2: Empathetic, compassionate, feeling for others. Caring and concerned about their needs. Thoughtful, warm-hearted, forgiving and sincere.

Level 3: Encouraging and appreciative, able to see the good in others. Service is important, but takes care of self too: they are nurturing, generous, and giving—a truly loving person.
Average Levels

Level 4: Want to be closer to others, so start "people pleasing," becoming overly friendly, emotionally demonstrative, and full of "good intentions" about everything. Give seductive attention: approval, "strokes," flattery. Love is their supreme value, and they talk about it constantly.

Level 5: Become overly intimate and intrusive: they need to be needed, so they hover, meddle, and control in the name of love. Want others to depend on them: give, but expect a return: send double messages. Enveloping and possessive: the codependent, self-sacrificial person who cannot do enough for others—wearing themselves out for everyone, creating needs for themselves to fulfill.

Level 6: Increasingly self-important and self-satisfied, feel they are indispensable, although they overrate their efforts in others' behalf. Hypochondria, becoming a "martyr" for others. Overbearing, patronizing, presumptuous.
Unhealthy Levels

Level 7: Can be manipulative and self-serving, instilling guilt by telling others how much they owe them and make them suffer. Abuse food and medication to "stuff feelings" and get sympathy. Undermine people, making belittling, disparaging remarks. Extremely self-deceptive about their motives and how aggressive and/or selfish their behavior is.

Level 8: Domineering and coercive: feel entitled to get anything they want from others: the repayment of old debts, money, sexual favors.

Level 9: Able to excuse and rationalize what they do since they feel abused and victimized by others and are bitterly resentful and angry. Somatization of their aggressions result in chronic health problems as they vindicate themselves by "falling apart" and burdening others. Generally corresponds to the Histrionic Personality Disorder and Factitious Disorder.

Reactions: Tulip
I think you're a 9w1, Raccoon. You seem to value harmony and peace; you've mentioned this off-hand very many times and I've noticed that you do your very best to smooth things over whenever their is conflict. You don't like it when people are getting to combative, especially if it's over an issue you think can be easily resolved. What's most admirable about you is that you always put in the effort to see things from multiple perspectives.

At the same time, however, you've also mentioned that you find difficulties in asserting yourself and that you sometimes let other people dictate what you should think and feel and do. You're not so much outraged about this as you are aware of it and you're quietly trying to change this because it clashes with your ideas of how circumstances should ideally be. I think as you'll grow older, you'll find yourself standing on firmer and concrete ground and try to reconcile all these ideas. I think the process has already begun for you. The fact that you're stressing so much about your applications and what you should expect when you get to college/university is a change from your usual gentle, laid=back disposition.