My dream: Lost my heart! | INFJ Forum

My dream: Lost my heart!

Inkling

Community Member
Jun 3, 2008
MBTI
INFP
This is the board for dreams... so, I must share this crazy weird dream I had in the middle of April.
For some reason... though i never remember dreams clearly, I remembered this as soon as I woke up from it. It is somewhat disturbing.
~~~
So... I'm sitting at my desk, typing on my laptop, when my chest starts to vibrate and thump. I feel my chest (I'm wearing a low cut tank top, for some reason) and on my right side there's this huge throbbing bulge. The throbbing gets bigger and bigger til my heart pops out!

(I know the heart is on the left side, but in this dream, this heart was most definitely on the right side)
Now I'm holding this throbbing heart in my hand, and there is a strange lack of bloodiness. My "heart" looks like a raw steak, and there is just a small hole in my chest, which the "vein" is coming through to connect to the heart. I examine more, and I don't understand how my heart could have popped out, because the hole is not big enough.... so now i have no clue how to get it back in. Looking closer, i see that the "valves" are actually plastic tubes, and the 'heart' is a plastic sac filled with blood, connected to the vein by a little plastic connector thing.... but all i know is that i really need my heart inside me or I will run out of blood and die.

So, i call dad and ask him what the heck is going on, and he asks if I've called 911, which I'd totally forgotten to do. So, I call 911, and say that my heart popped out, tell them my address... wait outside with Mom for a long time, then give up on that and go to the bathroom to see the damage. (by then my 'heart' is crumpling up in a very worrying way in the heat of the outdoors)
It's then that i notice there appears to be some sort of wire sticking out of my chest, but then I notice that my heart is running low on blood. I reason that maybe some water would be a good thing. I stick the heart in the sink (because, by now, the vein is sticking much farther out of my body) and put it in water. Apparently, the heart is also a sponge, so it swells up instantly and fills with water.
This water is thicker than blood, it seems... because the next few moments are somewhat painful as the water goes through my system.

I finally give up on the ambulances showing up and i decide (to mom's horror) to drive to the hospital myself. the heart can now go about 4 feet away from my body, and i lay it beside me as i drive.
I arrive, holding my emptying heart, and it really isn't a hospital. It's like this office building with a garage full of ambulances, and no one gives me a second glance as I ask for help. One lady snips at me that she has more important things to do than solve my problems... so I leave.

And... i think Dad finds me or something, because i rmember this father figure (a rich one though...) who bought this vial of blood that's the same type as mine, and opens the valve and pours it into my heart. He warns that it'll only last a day like that though... that i will need a lot more blood, and for my heart to be put back in.

So finally I drive to this other city, call from a busy parking lot, and finally am picked up by an ambulance. They open me up and sew my heart back in, but they completely forget to put in any more blood.
I get out of the ambulance, and I'm walking to this booth on the street that has some people in lab coats, and they tell me i need more blood, and i pop my heart out and they insert lots more blood into it. I can see the blood swirling and churning into more substantial matter, because it looks like a steak once more... but now my heart is outside of me again!

And... this is where my dream ends.

First, you done gave too much blood that week! Second, I'm not talking to you any more about cardiac rhythms!!

You must have been exhausted when you woke up!

It seems to me, Inkling, that you are dreaming about what you go through every day. You are an INFJ or an INTJ and your insides work differently than others. They don't know what to do with you, how to help you, how to be around you. Your Dad and Mom seem to know you the best and your Dad the best of all. They give advice and look out for you. It also seems that you don't know you as well as you thought because of the foreign material you didn't expect to find being the composition of your heart. You leave off in the middle of your dream, which seems very much like a story. I'm sure the ending would leave you with plenty of blood, your heart re-installed and your Dad taking you home.

Please forgive me if I overstep in making these comments. None of us knows ourselves as well as we would like. That's partly why we're here on this earth, to become acquainted with ourselves. The idea is to become more refined as we progress and progression is the idea. You sound like you are very creative and worth knowing.

GenlDevora said:
It seems to me, Inkling, that you are dreaming about what you go through every day. You are an INFJ or an INTJ and your insides work differently than others. They don't know what to do with you, how to help you, how to be around you. Your Dad and Mom seem to know you the best and your Dad the best of all. They give advice and look out for you. It also seems that you don't know you as well as you thought because of the foreign material you didn't expect to find being the composition of your heart. You leave off in the middle of your dream, which seems very much like a story. I'm sure the ending would leave you with plenty of blood, your heart re-installed and your Dad taking you home.

Please forgive me if I overstep in making these comments. None of us knows ourselves as well as we would like. That's partly why we're here on this earth, to become acquainted with ourselves. The idea is to become more refined as we progress and progression is the idea. You sound like you are very creative and worth knowing.
I always seem to enjoy your comments :)

This was a cool dream almost like a poem that everything has many meanings.

GenlDevora said:
You are an INFJ or an INTJ and your insides work differently than others. They don't know what to do with you, how to help you, how to be around you. Your Dad and Mom seem to know you the best and your Dad the best of all.
INFP, actually. I don't have a good relationship with Mom at all, but a pretty good one with Dad.
Thanks for the interpretation :)

HenRick said:
I'll try and pass that along to my subconscious/unconscious next time I'm asleep...

ShaiGar said:
Inkling said:
Huggle
*blink*
only in the dream title, dude.

Just out of curiosity I looked it up on an online dream interpretation site and it said if you're dreaming about your heart you should have a checkup!

sumone said:
Just out of curiosity I looked it up on an online dream interpretation site and it said if you're dreaming about your heart you should have a checkup!

True . . . I sorta thought it had something to do with the boyfriend. . . being loved, loving in return . . . the preciousness of new love and how timid and awkward and wonderful and fragile it can be . . .

Inkling said:
GenlDevora said:
You are an INFJ or an INTJ and your insides work differently than others. They don't know what to do with you, how to help you, how to be around you. Your Dad and Mom seem to know you the best and your Dad the best of all.
INFP, actually. I don't have a good relationship with Mom at all, but a pretty good one with Dad.
Thanks for the interpretation :)

HenRick said:
I'll try and pass that along to my subconscious/unconscious next time I'm asleep...

ShaiGar said:
Inkling said:
Huggle
*blink*
only in the dream title, dude.

Keep a record of your dreams. After you awaken write down what you have dreamt. That's supposedly how Salvador Dali came up with his very haunting and strange paintings. His "Last Supper" was stupendous. The light came from within the painting. I got up real close to it to look at the strokes. Then the guards came out and gave me dirty looks. I told them I held my breath and didn't touch or breathe on the painting. That's the last time I went to the National Gallery of Art in D.C., in 1972! Sorry, free associating there.

..........And... i think Dad finds me or something, because i rmember this father figure (a rich one though...) who bought this vial of blood that's the same type as mine, and opens the valve and pours it into my heart. He warns that it'll only last a day like that though... that i will need a lot more blood, and for my heart to be put back in............

this is a way cool dream, this whole bit about the vile of blood being given by a father figure....