Movies You cried during | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Movies You cried during

I always cry during "House of Flying Daggers" and my friends make fun of me for it because you're not supposed to feel feelings during martial arts films.

Do you have a background in martial arts?

I took Budō Taijutsu for years. I'm not a black belt or anything. I would still go to the dojo, but I moved away. Generally, I'm a fan of martial arts films and Akira Kurosawa films. Actually, my SO is drawn to Chinese, Japanese, and Korean films in general. (It's bananas how they are passed over for Oscar nominations, at least for set and costume design because they are all far more visually impressive than Hollywood films.)

I took Budō Taijutsu for years. I'm not a black belt or anything. I would still go to the dojo, but I moved away. Generally, I'm a fan of martial arts films and Akira Kurosawa films. Actually, my SO is drawn to Chinese, Japanese, and Korean films in general. (It's bananas how they are passed over for Oscar nominations, at least for set and costume design because they are all far more visually impressive than Hollywood films.)

I can’t say I’ve watched many Chinese, Japanese or Korean films to be honest. I’m guessing you moved to a place that have no Budo Taijatsu dojo?

So weird that this thread is the first thing I see on forum this morning... I very rarely watch movies or TV shows, but last night my youngest daughter wanted to watch a movie with me and because her teacher is reading the book in her class, she chose Wonder. She fell asleep almost instantly and I sat there with little tears streaming into my beard for most of the movie...

I'm guessing Hobbiton may be a little expensive :p

I hope you get what you want to acheive. Having family over there is definitely a helpful plus, I bet :)

Thank you! :relaxed:

Depends how big of a LOTR fan you are I guess. I can’t remember the exact price but I think around 70-80 NZ dollars iirc. I love LOTR and so thought it was worth every penny.

Just having problems getting a job/visa at the moment though. It’s a catch 22 situation as most jobs require a visa to even apply and you need a job offer to have any realistic chance of a successful visa application. There is a website that advertises jobs that are open to migrants but they are few and far between. Just got to keep looking and applying I guess :disappointed:

Thank you! :relaxed:

Depends how big of a LOTR fan you are I guess. I can’t remember the exact price but I think around 70-80 NZ dollars iirc. I love LOTR and so thought it was worth every penny.

Just having problems getting a job/visa at the moment though. It’s a catch 22 situation as most jobs require a visa to even apply and you need a job offer to have any realistic chance of a successful visa application. There is a website that advertises jobs that are open to migrants but they are few and far between. Just got to keep looking and applying I guess :disappointed:
I'm not a Colbert-level fan, or even a fan like some other members I know, but I like the story. Can't say I know what that is in € but I'll find out ;).

I know the struggle, and I'm not even emigrating :grin:. It is probably an issue of its own to be of our temperament. Good luck!

I'm not a Colbert-level fan, or even a fan like some other members I know, but I like the story. Can't say I know what that is in € but I'll find out ;).

I know the struggle, and I'm not even emigrating :grin:. It is probably an issue of its own to be of our temperament. Good luck!

Roughly 45 euros I think.

I guess you are in the job market at the moment then?

I don't cry, but I do well up. The main ones that come to mind are 'Life is Beautiful' and the end of 'The Green Mile'. Although, embarrassingly, I also welled up a bit watching '2012' at the people gathering outside the secure bunker for VIPs that they've got no chance of being allowed into.

Oh, The Truman Show too. When all the viewers cheers for him.

Roughly 45 euros I think.

I guess you are in the job market at the moment then?
Lol, that sounds a little like I'd be sold off - although, I guess that'd be the case if I had one. Yes, I am currently looking for a job. I have a few fires in the oven with a few temp agencies, but I'm sporadically also looking elsewhere, whenever I have the energy.

Lol, that sounds a little like I'd be sold off - although, I guess that'd be the case if I had one. Yes, I am currently looking for a job. I have a few fires in the oven with a few temp agencies, but I'm sporadically also looking elsewhere, whenever I have the energy.

LOL! Sorry, I have a funny way with my words sometimes. What area of work are you looking to get into?

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you :blush:

LOL! Sorry, I have a funny way with my words sometimes. What area of work are you looking to get into?

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you :blush:

I'm not that choosey - something to do with helping people, for sure. I looked into many areas - customer service is the latest addition.

I'm not that choosey - something to do with helping people, for sure. I looked into many areas - customer service is the latest addition.

Beware that not all customers actually want to be helped. I don’t mean to put you off but in companies that receive a lot of complaints, it could be hard for you to deal with the volatile emotions of customers.

I wish I could change careers too. I mean I probably will in the future. I think I’d enjoy teaching to be honest. I like what I do as a job but I really don’t like the corporate culture, especially since most tech companies don’t give a single fuck about people and only care about making money :neutral:

I guess I’m reluctant to just start again after putting so much effort into getting to where I am but it is what it is I guess.