Movies You cried during | INFJ Forum

Movies You cried during

Superman vs Batman
I knew it would be bad but...nothing prepared me.

I also kind of tear up a little in the final encounter between Faye Dunaway and Max in Network when he tells her to stop thinking of everything like a TV show and just be human and she very feebly responds: "I don't know how to do that...."

Maybe just an INTP thing but gets me every time.

Probably a lot of them. But I've really only been watching kids movies with my kid lately. I tear up every time we watch Homeward Bound and the search party finds the little girl. Not sad tears, though.

I also teared up a lot during Charlotte's Web.

Probably the most unexpected movie where I really remember I cried during was American Psycho. The scene with the homeless man... I haven't seen it in years but dear god..

Marley and Me, never watching that again.

I'm very emotional at the moment, almost cried (again) during the Christmas episodes of Warehouse 13 and Eureka, as well as in the finale of Sherlock (the violins). The latter was the hardest to avoid. But that's series and not movies.

I just browsed through our movie list, and I didn't see any movie that was particularly moving in the last couple of years. How to Train Your Dragon 2 maybe, but I don't remember.

In general, movies just cannot generate as much emotional energy as series characters do. I think the time you spend or invest watching it makes it all the more precious to you. With movies it's different. There is a lot more that has to be done to make the characters authentic enough to feel their energy. Maybe this is why I keep away from dramas, other than the general dose of boredom halfway through. These days, emotions in movies are artificially elicited through editing and score; it is less dependent on the acting, though it actually should be the other way around - the score should underscore the actors' emotional energies that are emitted to the audience, the soul-bearing emotional life of their characters. Some may say that this is artificial as well, and they are right, but to me a great actor is as authentic as life.