middle-eastern revolutions appreciation thread | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

middle-eastern revolutions appreciation thread

all I wanted was a thread that wouldn't be polluted by the parasitic just me.

Never been called parasitic before; kind of interesting about such a mindest. "All I wanted" to do was tell the truth about the "peaceful" part. There is something about me that cannot sit by idly with rose-colored glasses when truth has been corrupted. I have nothing personal against you or your threads.

I will say some intentions may start as if peacefully, knowing they will not end so. What could people possibly expect out of MG: ride off in the sunset on a camel?

Now three different countries some people think poorly of are helping them. Interested in your take on that.

Never been called parasitic before; kind of interesting about such a mindest. "All I wanted" to do was tell the truth about the "peaceful" part. There is something about me that cannot sit by idly with rose-colored glasses when truth has been corrupted. I have nothing personal against you or your threads.

I will say some intentions may start as if peacefully, knowing they will not end so. What could people possibly expect out of MQ: ride off in the sunset on a camel?

Now three different countries some people think poorly of are helping them. Interested in your take on that.

Hi Just Me

I think...i might be wrong, but i think poshlost lives in the middle east, so this subject is close to his heart

Don't take it too personally if emotions have run high

I understand you have a different point of view

The best thing to do is if both sides of this discussion provide what information they have and then people can decide for themselves

It is easy sometimes to simplify things as well when in reality wherever there is people, there is complexity!

Perhaps for the sake of this particular thread, which is one for positive views towards the revolutions it might be better to hold back and put your views across on another thread

Hi Just Me

I think...i might be wrong, but i think poshlost lives in the middle east, so this subject is close to his heart

Don't take it too personally if emotions have run high

I understand you have a different point of view

The best thing to do is if both sides of this discussion provide what information they have and then people can decide for themselves

It is easy sometimes to simplify things as well when in reality wherever there is people, there is complexity!

Perhaps for the sake of this particular thread, which is one for positive views towards the revolutions it might be better to hold back and put your views across on another thread

I feel strongly, too; 242 times as strong as most anyone I come across in this world. I will not step aside for your asking. What is going on is far from peaceful. Call me out by name and I will always return. Leave me alone and I may watch.

I feel strongly, too; 242 times as strong as most anyone I come across in this world. I will not step aside for your asking. What is going on is far from peaceful. Call me out by name and I will always return. Leave me alone and I may watch.

Alright man, i thought things were moving in an unhealthy direction that's all

I'm not hearing much more about Egypt. Anyone know what's going on there now?
Any updates?

I grew up in Egypt in the westernized neighbourhood known as Maadi. I was last there in early January, 3 weeks before the revolution started.

From what I'm hearing from my associates who are there right now, things are going well "apart from the Maadi incident". I'm not quite sure what that is, but after a bit of googling it seems that a police officer murdered a microbus driver yesterday in Maadi... Apart from that, business is as usual, my friends are attending their university classes, although they do say that everything feels different now...

My information isn't that great at the moment. After my family was evacuated, I stopped getting very regular and reliable updates. Will post back with anything I hear, though!

I grew up in Egypt in the westernized neighbourhood known as Maadi. I was last there in early January, 3 weeks before the revolution started.

From what I'm hearing from my associates who are there right now, things are going well "apart from the Maadi incident". I'm not quite sure what that is, but after a bit of googling it seems that a police officer murdered a microbus driver yesterday in Maadi... Apart from that, business is as usual, my friends are attending their university classes, although they do say that everything feels different now...

My information isn't that great at the moment. After my family was evacuated, I stopped getting very regular and reliable updates. Will post back with anything I hear, though!
Thanks!!!

Cloud, you have a PM with a link.

[MENTION=3019]~jet[/MENTION] you mean Bahrain and not Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia will be the last to experience a revolution in my opinion, and it'll be a sight to see, along with that of Jordan.

So far the countries who are experiencing unrest are:
Egypt
Tunisia
Algeria
Syria
Lebanon
Libya
Yemen
Bahrain
Kuwait (but the royal family has given every family 1000$ as a gift, and so they stopped protesting lol)
Morocco (which I personally think was faked, but I guess it still counts lol)

Meaning most of Northern Africa, Arabian Gulf, and Greater Syria.

I certainly agree that, pain aside, these are positive moves... just this morning word started leaking out that small protests are cropping up now in North Korea. The world needs this, and America needs to be reminded that a nation is it's people; NOT it's CEOs

This past weekend there were rallies in many state capitols all over the US supporting the demonstrations in Madison, WI as well as the uprisings in other parts of the world. The mainstream press is either not reporting on them or glossing over these events. For example, the rally my husband and I attended was attended by 3,000 people (docukented by signing petitions and other means, so the count was accurate. Nevertheless, local news reported only 1,000 in attendance and put the item last--aftr reports on fires and traffic accidents.

Reactions: muir
Gaddafi so funny.
He is claiming that the Taliban are giving hallucinogenic drugs to the youth and this is the cause of their protesting.

LOL yes! did you hear?! I laughed out loud at his speech.
And then people expect someone with such an intellect to remain in power and lead a nation? No buddy, GTFO please.

I'm not hearing much more about Egypt. Anyone know what's going on there now?
Any updates?

From what I read, they are currently rectifying the constitution, restructuring the parliament, ministers and rewriting the laws that govern elections.

Quite a progress for a country in that area. If I find a link I will post it.

This pleases me greatly. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kavalan
[MENTION=3019]~jet[/MENTION] you mean Bahrain and not Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia will be the last to experience a revolution in my opinion, and it'll be a sight to see, along with that of Jordan.

So far the countries who are experiencing unrest are:
Egypt
Tunisia
Algeria
Syria
Lebanon
Libya
Yemen
Bahrain
Kuwait (but the royal family has given every family 1000$ as a gift, and so they stopped protesting lol)
Morocco (which I personally think was faked, but I guess it still counts lol)

Meaning most of Northern Africa, Arabian Gulf, and Greater Syria.

No, I included Iran and Saudi because Iran and Saudi are both in the early stages of boiling as well; you may be right that saudi would be among the last, but intellectuals there are warning that change is needed soon if the nation is to avert civil unrest.

This past weekend there were rallies in many state capitols all over the US supporting the demonstrations in Madison, WI as well as the uprisings in other parts of the world. The mainstream press is either not reporting on them or glossing over these events. For example, the rally my husband and I attended was attended by 3,000 people (docukented by signing petitions and other means, so the count was accurate. Nevertheless, local news reported only 1,000 in attendance and put the item last--aftr reports on fires and traffic accidents.

Well sure, the mainstream press is owned by a small handful of media monopolies, and monopolies of any sort benefit most wherever workers have little to no say in their own lives/welfare/pay/et cetera.

Even so, isn't it great! I've loving this, especially in wisconsin.

Reactions: muir
I find it very amusing how, throughout history, kings have this sudden "generosity" to give away money whenever the people are upset about something.

Thank you for the links ~jet. :thumb:

No prob; Iran already had a major incident last year, and you can tell they're itching for another chance, with more recent (if not as big) demonstrations. I really hope they do as Iran has a lot of potential as far as countries go. (Not that most places don't)

I really hope they do as Iran has a lot of potential as far as countries go. (Not that most places don't)

yeah, i know what you mean. historically, regardless of circumstances, Iran always preserved a flourishing cultural elite.

Well sure, the mainstream press is owned by a small handful of media monopolies, and monopolies of any sort benefit most wherever workers have little to no say in their own lives/welfare/pay/et cetera.

Even so, isn't it great! I've loving this, especially in wisconsin.

Oh, it wasn't a surprise, just a comment. I'm loving it too. Reminds me of the hopefulness of the '60s (it wasn't *all* sex, drugs and rock 'n roll). What happened in Madison this morning? I haven't got to a TV yet today.

Great stuff!

Glad to hear people in the US are standing up to be counted! Good luck to the people!

Of course nothing mentioned in the press owned by the capitalist class though! lol

People are waking upto the game

Most certainly. I feel the only country (relatively) immune to this level of unrest is the UAE mostly due to it's 'more liberal' interpretation of the laws than what the laws often state and the general high quality of living for Emaratis.

I had already heard of 'wild parties' in Jeddah and Mekkah while I was in the middle east, especially amongst young Saudis who now feel very constrained by their political system and religious policy; fortunately what goes on behind closed doors in Saudi stays behind closed doors. However these people more often come from ultrarich backgrounds and I would be surprised if their was a true and spontaneous mass rebellion as we have seen in much of the middle east.

In the case of Saudi the liberals are generally the wealthiest, however they are a relatively small minority and the most conservative are at the bottom of the chain as their wealthy and living standards are controlled by the kingdom. King Al Saud just threw a few trillion Riyals at the 'poorest' in Saudi to keep himself nice and well supported.

More importantly migrant workers make up a huge amount of the poorest in their societies and they don't generally rock the boat.